Q re: Lanyard for cruise card

mrssoexcited

If we take our own, do we need to take the plastic sleeve that normally goes with them, or how do they attach the cruise card to it?

Also we embark from 11.00 onwards, ship sails at 2.00 - is lunch available on board on that first day? (Pacific Sun) - not long now! :)

If we take our own, do we need to take the plastic sleeve that normally goes with them, or how do they attach the cruise card to it?

Also we embark from 11.00 onwards, ship sails at 2.00 - is lunch available on board on that first day? (Pacific Sun) - not long now! :)

You can get a hole punched in your cruise card at the Pursers desk.

One of the funny things I noticed on my mariner american cruise is that no one uses lanyards there, whereas most poeple here use them.

I would take your own if you have them. You need to be able to take them out of the sleeve for dinging on and off the ship and to buy your drinks etc like a credit card.

Like dogboy said most just take them to the pursers desk to have a hole punched in. There may be a bit of a queue though first day as poeple go and ask about other cabins, take their tips off etc

Lunch is usually there first day on. I think with the pacific sun though it wasn't a full lunch but there was food available. I am sure someone with more recent experience will fill you in.

You just have to have the lanyards, part of the cruise gear. We used to use our Qantas ones, but once we got the Black card, bought black Princess lanyards to match the Elite cards on Sun Princess, fashion accessory.

You can buy the lanyards on board for about $8. As has been said get the purser to punch a hole in your cruise card.:)

On our Pacific Sun cruise out of Brisbane last year, there was a staff member in the Departures lounge (where you wait to be called to board the ship) who was punching holes in cards as well. (Look for the crowd of happy people surrounding one person holding a single hole punch - all holding their cruise cards out in front of them!):):)

You can get a hole punched in your cruise card at the Pursers desk.

Hey Don, on the Pacific Dawn the hole was in Cruise Card when we got it.......maybe they decided the line up at the pursers deck was just too long.......just for a hole...:D

A variety of lanyards are available at any $2 shop. I like the plastic sleeve and stick the ships map in it plus any copies of "chits". Since you dont carry a bag around onboard it is convenient to hang it around your neck.

When onshore I have one of the curly cord extension thingos with a clip on one end...I clip it to the inside of bag to make sure it doesn't get lost.

Some of the cruise t/a's have their own which they will send you.

Or you can buy one onboard as a souvenir.

Hey Don, on the Pacific Dawn the hole was in Cruise Card when we got it.......maybe they decided the line up at the pursers deck was just too long.......just for a hole...:D

Our Cruise cards also came with a hole in them. We took our own lanyards but the stupid clip wouldnt fit through the hole (we werent the only with this problem) so we ended up paying $6.95 for one each. I think

P & O should really supply these lanyards.

One of the funny things I noticed on my mariner american cruise is that no one uses lanyards there, whereas most poeple here use them.

I hate lanyards.:mad:

What is it that makes everyone want one?

They remind me of work ,having cards and keys to swipe.

I cruise to get away from all of that.:cool:

Saves carrying a bag etc., I love lanyards too. Throw it on over the head each morning and you're set for the day! It's a part of the whole cruising experience for us. I imagine if you do use one for work it might be a painful reminder of all you've left behind. I have heard on nearly every one of our cruises, of someone losing their card out of their pocket and going off to the shop to get a lanyard! I would say at least 90% of cruisers wear them, even the kids.

Debbie, dont worry you will find the lanyards, on the first day they usually have someone sitting at a little desk right in front of pursers desk or similar, if you dont get one on the first day they always have them in the shops anyway, but as most people want straight away they will be in full view, you wont be able to miss them for the first day at least. Fiona

I am a cruise lanyard tragic, every time I go on CC, have to put the cruise card and lanyard on, to get the full cruise fix!:o

Now, you would have to agree, that is Tragic and sad.

But Les, WHICH cruise card? ... the latest, or ALL of them :confused: :)

Moira

On the Pacific Dawn they were selling them on the Lido Deck up top at the sailaway "party", you couldnt miss them they were racking in the $$ as everyone had to buy one. Then we noticed them down in their own store on Plaza Deck forsale.

OK...so lets get theses lanyards sorted out.

When they first came out you could tell the status of passengers by the colour of their lanyard. P&O used to give them out free.

The "suite people" had Royal Blue while the lower deck people had a much lighter blue.

Nowadays you cant tell whos who:eek::eek:

At least with Princess you can display your different coloured cruise cards on a lanyard.:D

But Les, WHICH cruise card? ... the latest, or ALL of them :confused: :)

Moira

Which card? the BLACK ONE of course from Sun Princess last year, going to get two more this year on our B2B on Crown Princess, of course you have to have the BLACK lanyard to hang it on with Princess on it, which I have.!

Kiwi with Princess..blue cruise virgins, then comes along Gold, Platinum, BLACK as you spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wear a lanyard when I catch a ferry. ;)

Now Les and Kingpin that is a bit sad but very understandable. I had a friend (male) once who always dressed in a suit for telephone job interviews.

I always wear my lanyard. My husband doesn't and he has been swimming with his in his pocket every cruise and when we had cardboard cards it was a pain going to the desk to get a new one but he still won't wear a lanyard. I also think it is part of the whole experience.

We were on Pacific Sun in November and I'm sure there was the full buffet lunch available.

:):D

Kiwi with Princess..blue cruise virgins, then comes along Gold, Platinum, BLACK as you spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am thinking of framing all my black cards and displaying them as the most expensive pieces of plastic I own:eek::eek:

Which card? the BLACK ONE of course from Sun Princess last year, going to get two more this year on our B2B on Crown Princess, of course you have to have the BLACK lanyard to hang it on with Princess on it, which I have.!

When I'm cruising (not pretending ;) ) I wear my Gold card with my bright pink Pacific Star lanyard, which always gets a few questions.

Of course I will need to spend more $$$ and $$$ to get another colour card :D

Moira

Archived