NCL Concierge on American Idol?

logcabin

Last night on Idol (yes, I watch it :)), there is a contestant who sang. While he was singing I kept thinking that he looked familliar. Then, they said his name was Anoop from NYC.. Would this and/or could this be the Anoop who is/was a concierge on the Dawn?

Did anyone see it?

A couple months ago our Concierge on the Dawn was named Anshuman (I may have screwed up the spelling). I don't think that was him on AI (but maybe there's an Anoop I'm not familiar with---Which would be any Anoop ;))

Mbisson, Anshuman was terrific on the Dawn, where is he now?

I though he was great also! It was Oct when I was onboard-he had said his contract would end in a couple months (remember he said this in Oct) and he was going home for a while. He couldn't wait to see his family!

I too love Humberto from the Spirit - He is on the Sun now

Anshuman was my first - it was his first time as Concierge and my first time in a penthouse suite - he is presently on vacation - he will be back on the Dawn sometime in March

I'm not sure where Anoop is right now -

Karan - Anshuman's cousin is on the Spirit now

I don't know Anoop, sorry. But, I've been trying to find out where O'Neal is going to be? We met him on our first cruise along with Anan. Loved them both! On our cruise in November I was so excited, I heard he was on the Jewel again, only to learn he had left for vacation back to India that very day. I was so disappointed I literally cried. I heard he would be back in February, possibly on the Spirit, which we will be on the end of next month? Can anyone confirm having met him?

Also, Anan, went to the Pearl, then the Gem (so I heard). Anyone know where he is now?

They were the two greatest bartenders I've ever met, on land or on ship! :) I heard O'Neal works in restaurants as well.

Anoop is a fairly popular Indian name. I knew several in college.

I live near the Yakama reservation & haven't heard it there. Oh, wait, maybe the wrong Indians ;).

Not PC - I know it's Native American - but I couldn't resist the word play

• 1 month later...
A couple months ago our Concierge on the Dawn was named Anshuman (I may have screwed up the spelling). I don't think that was him on AI (but maybe there's an Anoop I'm not familiar with---Which would be any Anoop ;))

Monte, I want you to know that this made me laugh so much that it has become a family joke around here. I can't believe how often it comes up in conversation - both literally and in variations! :) And when we just need a good laugh we say "which would be any Anoop" for no apparent reason. :D Since we are watching AI and were thrilled he made it into the top 13 last night (the 12 became 13 just for him), I know this will not die.

As long as you are on the topic of Concierges does any know who will be the Concierge March 20 on the Jewel. Also wondering who the Hotel Manager is? I have not been on NCL for a while and am wondering if anyone I knew from the past will be on my sailing.

:D

The Anoop from AI is a young student from Duke University. He's in his very early 20's. I think he's way too young to have risen through the ranks all the way to concierge on NCL.
I think he said on last night's show that he's going to UNC. He was laughing with Kara, who I guess is a Duke girl.

Glad to see I'm not the only Anoop Desai fan here. I don't know the other Anoop (or any other Anoops, for that matter).

Very funny, Monte!:D:D

:DI think he said on last night's show that he's going to UNC. He was laughing with Kara, who I guess is a Duke girl.

Glad to see I'm not the only Anoop Desai fan here. I don't know the other Anoop (or any other Anoops, for that matter).

Very funny, Monte!:D:D

I knew he said Chapel Hill. Oops! :D

Archived