Boarding time Barcelona

Plan to get to the pier around 11am or a little before. You will most likely be able to board within an hour or so give or take a little. This has been our experience on all of our cruises. There is always the possibility of a snag to delay boarding, but this is not a common occurence. Have a great cruise!

We were on Voyager out of Barcelona in September 2007 and we checked out of our hotel at noon, took a taxi to the port and was on the ship by 12:30 with no problem and no lines. It was a very smooth and easy embarkation process.

I don't know what hotel you are in, but when we were in Barcelona for our cruise, out hotel held our bags for us after check out. We were able to tour the city in the morning/early afternoon without hauling luggage around with us. When we were finished, we picked up our luggage, caught a cab, and boarded the ship around 3 PM. Barcelona is a beautiful town with many things to see and do.

One aspect of sailing from Barcelona is the fact a lot of flights arrive from UK and other parts if Europe around 1pm-ish.

On our Jan 5 Brilliance cruise we got to the cruise terminal about 2pm and the lines were LONG. We had a choice of the Plat/Diamond line or the Suite line and still it took over an hour to check in.

I guess we'll be at the pier around 12-1230. Avoiding the passenger rush from arriving flights sounds very appealing.

We're flying in the day before, from Trondheim via Amsterdam.

Barcelona is a beautiful city. We spent a few days there last april when we arrived on the Navigator. I'd do another Transatlantic anytime. All those sea days really gave you the feel of the ship, as well as a full enjoyment of all a cruiseship has to offer.

Arrived at the Brilliance check-in in Barcelona around 11:15 AM in November and we were on the ship in less than 10 minutes -- fastest ever for us. We did go through the suite check-in line, but the other line was not long either so I imagine it was pretty quick for them too. We came back off the ship that afternoon after we dropped everything in our room, and it didn't seem too busy then either.

Archived