recent Zuiderdam cruisers and powerstrips

ncmomof2

So, a couple months ago there was a thread about the new "Know Before You Go" booklets stating that you shouldn't bring your own powerstip, that one would be provided for you onboard. My docs for our 2/27 Zuiderdam sailing came a couple weeks ago and and the booklet does say this.

So my question for those of you who sailed on the Zuiderdam recently, what did you do/experience regarding powerstrips? Did you count on getting one onboard, in which case were you successful and was it easy? Did you bring it own and when the steward saw it, he replaced it? Or did you bring your own and used it and that's it?

TIA for any info. We really need a powerstrip, but I don't want to use precious luggage space (even if it's a little travel one), if it would be just as easy to get one onboard and especially if we couldn't use out own onboard anyway...:rolleyes:

On the Zaandam we used an extion cord. No problem. If you relay need one then I would bring one. They could all be in use.

My suggestion exactly!

There are some extras onboard, but the easiest way to guarantee one is to pack it, even if it's in a carry on. Then you know for sure there's no issue with having what you need.

For the Statendam in December we took along a small powerstrip just in case ... while we were unpacking after lunch on embarkation day, our cabin steward arrived, grinning broadly, and offering us an official HAL powerstrip. I suppose that was his was of introducing himself and creating enormous goodwill right from the start. It worked ... and we remembered him nicely at the end of the voyage.

Archived