Transfer to Heathrow

McMer

We have our first Regent cruise coming up in May which ends up in Southampton. We were informed that we could purchase transfers to Heathrow once we are onboard. Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost of this transfer with Regent or would we be wise to look into other arrangements? Any advice would be appreciated.

We have our first Regent cruise coming up in May which ends up in Southampton. We were informed that we could purchase transfers to Heathrow once we are onboard. Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost of this transfer with Regent or would we be wise to look into other arrangements? Any advice would be appreciated.

Getting from Southampton to Heathrow (though not all that far apart) on one's own, with luggage, is no joke. I would imagine Regent will offer a transfer for around $75 pp. If they do, my advice is - take it!

There are other alternatives:

1. Rent a car and drive. Takes just over an hour, and is easy - righ tup the M3 to M25 and then follow Heathrow signs. Rental car drop offs are located on Northen Perimeter Road and you follow signs from M25 to Heathrow cargo areas.

2. Train to Waterloo station in London, then Underground. You will need to change at some point to the Piccadilly line.

3. Train to Waterloo, taxi to Paddington station and Heathrow Express to Heathrow. Goes to all terminals.

4. National Express Coach (long distance bus) to Heathrow. check out their website - www.nationalexpress.com

The Regent offer makes more sense to me!

Archived