World's worst cruise ships revealed in online survey

stevedonna

Hey thats not too bad for P&O....we all know that they are not 5 star ships.....:)

MARG..I have checked that story out by sourcing back to the relevant cruise site, it is P&O UK that was rated not P&O Australia.!

Princess (Dawn Princess) got slammed by some poms who did round OZ on DP.

World's worst cruise ships revealed in online survey

By Kate Schneider

NEWS.com.au

February 09, 2009 08:13am

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25027146-5014090,00.html

Very misleading media reporting ..

Title should read

British cruisers reveal their Worst Cruise Ships.

You would get a very different outcome down here.

Yeah sure, I have travelled on lots of cruise ships from a young age and I have found all ships and crews are different and it goes without saying that its what you make of it, instead of whingeing all the time.Get out there and enjoy yourself because there is not a system yet known to say which company is best or worst it can only be graded by stars just like hotels.Whether I travel in 3 star ships or 5 star ships I have always had an absolute ball.I cannot afford 6 star at the moment but one day I will try.

Regards Frank.

We have just got back from the Dawn Princess Tasmania trip. We found it really disapointing after going on the MSC Armonia. We don't have kids so we didn't look at that aspect. Compared to the Armonia we found the standard of cleaning & service far lower on the Dawn. Also the food was no where near as good. Yes the entertainment was better, but then most of the entertainment on Armonia caters for Italians so that is to be expected. Embarkation & disembarkation on the Dawn was excellent however & the spa was good.

The Dawn is looking pretty tired & in defintate need of a refurb. If there had of been a lot of Americans on board rather than Kiwis & Australians, the general standard would not be acceptable - it was more like P&O.

We have just got back from the Dawn Princess Tasmania trip. We found it really disapointing after going on the MSC Armonia. We don't have kids so we didn't look at that aspect. Compared to the Armonia we found the standard of cleaning & service far lower on the Dawn. Also the food was no where near as good. Yes the entertainment was better, but then most of the entertainment on Armonia caters for Italians so that is to be expected. Embarkation & disembarkation on the Dawn was excellent however & the spa was good.

The Dawn is looking pretty tired & in defintate need of a refurb. If there had of been a lot of Americans on board rather than Kiwis & Australians, the general standard would not be acceptable - it was more like P&O.

Its Not that kiwis and Aussies don't appreciate High standards,

We just accept the cruises for what they are-and Don't get into the whinging foray

In the USA and Europe they have are far greater Target markets and more ships competing for same dollar-

Ecomomy of scale means they can offer MORE for LESS

Oysterfiend, having been on Sun Princess around Australia last year, I agree with your comments, the standard of Princess cruising within Australia/NZ is NOT to normal Princess international standard. I have done several Princess cruises and the Sun Princess was the worst, relative to food, service, tendering, overcrowding. Certainly American cruisers would not tolerate it. But many of the pax on Sun Princess and Dawn Princess are Aussie/Kiwi first time cruisers (observe the blue cruise cards), so for them it would be fine.

Oysterfiend, having been on Sun Princess around Australia last year, I agree with your comments, the standard of Princess cruising within Australia/NZ is NOT to normal Princess international standard. I have done several Princess cruises and the Sun Princess was the worst, relative to food, service, tendering, overcrowding. Certainly American cruisers would not tolerate it. But many of the pax on Sun Princess and Dawn Princess are Aussie/Kiwi first time cruisers (observe the blue cruise cards), so for them it would be fine.

we are doing Sapphire princes Los Angeles To Vancouver May 9-16 after our Splendor and Paradise Cruises,

Having seen the pictures of Diamond Princess at Tauranga I am now getting really excited

Really? I had the opposite opinion, although it really does seem like i'm alone, been on Crown Princess and Sapphire Princess and thought they were nowhere near as good as the service,food and pretty much everything on the Dawn Princess departing Aust, maybe only bigger scale in shows etc.

Even alot of the staff members said they were happier working on the Dawn Princess and for a couple who worked on the latest Princess ship Ruby Princess they even said they much preferred Dawn Princess because all the staff knew each other and it wasn't "too" big.

Granted, it doesn't have that brand new, funky, floating theme park aura about it but I still believe the Dawn was a far nicer vessel, the others were too big and for that reason service was unpersonal and often overlooked in my opinion.

In saying that, I could go on any cruise line or ship and still have a blast of a time.;):p

Really? I had the opposite opinion, although it really does seem like i'm alone, been on Crown Princess and Sapphire Princess and thought they were nowhere near as good as the service,food and pretty much everything on the Dawn Princess departing Aust, maybe only bigger scale in shows etc.

Even alot of the staff members said they were happier working on the Dawn Princess and for a couple who worked on the latest Princess ship Ruby Princess they even said they much preferred Dawn Princess because all the staff knew each other and it wasn't "too" big.

Granted, it doesn't have that brand new, funky, floating theme park aura about it but I still believe the Dawn was a far nicer vessel, the others were too big and for that reason service was unpersonal and often overlooked in my opinion.

In saying that, I could go on any cruise line or ship and still have a blast of a time.;):p

I am pleased to see your views,

I'd like to do some cruises from Australia at some point onn either the Dawn or Sun Princess

Archived