Who Is Going On Silver Shadow For 10 Days Leaving FLL On November 22, 2009?

cechase

Charlie, when we were on the Shadow last Dec., Justin was now a Butler in the suites. Haven't heard anything about him since. We had Marilyn on 2 cruises and really thought she was wonderful. Missed her last year.

Silversea was kind enough to email me my early embarkation acknowledgment. Will be there about 10:30-11:00 a.m. on Sunday. Not staying at the Sheraton Airport this time, but rather at the Embassy Suites. Maybe see the Brits on Tour in the bar that Saturday evening - guess, I will call out if there are "any brits on tour here"! [grin]

This sounds like such a lovely group of people - I wish we were also on your cruise!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL cruise and Thanksgiving.

Charlie - My condolences to you for the loss of your dear wife. I hope the cruise brings back lovely memories and many new friendships!

Joe - our thanks to your son for his service and our prayers for his safety.

There is no doubt that Silversea cruisers have real class! Thank you all for the kind comments. Just received my confirmation, and making my own air, because travel from Reno, NV to FLL is tricky.

Am about 90%, but by november should be 100%. Just think Thanksgiving in St. Thomas.

Hello we are also leaving out of Reno, doing our own air as I get free tickets on Southwest. We are leaving on Thursday Nov 19th and getting married in Florida on Saturday, really looking forward to this cruise.

Roger and Kim

Lots of traffic on this thread. Joe thank you for the kind offer re: dinner. I don't know how long of a walk it is from the Embassy Suites to the steak house, and there is the issue of my being tired after traveling all day. Perhaps, it might be better to share a table with you and your wife for dinner one night during the cruise.

Chicagogal, thank you so much for the kind comments.

Roger & Kim - congratulations! My late wife and I always flew on American West from Reno to Fort Lauderdale, because she had back problems and first class made it much easier for her. They had, and still do have the best first class rates of any of the airlines for this route by a large margin - although it is now US Airways. Isn't it fun to have to get up so early to fly east?

Charlie,

When I said its across the street, it is out the front door, walk across the street and its there. We can talk about Chucks later but it is as close as it gets.

If anyone else wants to meet the day before we can set something up.

Also, just reserved three shore excursions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Joe

We are considering this 10-day cruise on the Silver Shadow. We would appreciate some help with the following questions:

1. If we fly into Miami, how far is the airport to the pier in Fort Lauderdale? What is the best way to get there?

2. I noticed that Silver Sea's website has no shore excursions posted for some of the ports. Does it mean that there are no excursions for those ports or does it mean that they have not been posted yet?

Thank you in advance for your help.

We are considering this 10-day cruise on the Silver Shadow. We would appreciate some help with the following questions:

1. If we fly into Miami, how far is the airport to the pier in Fort Lauderdale? What is the best way to get there?

2. I noticed that Silver Sea's website has no shore excursions posted for some of the ports. Does it mean that there are no excursions for those ports or does it mean that they have not been posted yet?

Thank you in advance for your help.

peribit, we hope that you join us. I much prefer the Fort Lauderdale airport to the Miami airport, which is just too big. Most airlines have flights to Fort Lauderdale. Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale is only about a 15 minute cab ride from the Fort Lauderdale airport. Your travel time from Miami to Port Everglades [based on a cab ride from Fort Lauderdale airport to a hotel near the Miami airport in Dec. of 2006] was approximately 45 minutes to one hour, and if it is the rush hour, it would be much longer.

I am not sure that they will post any shore excursions for the other stops, but they may. I am sure that many of the passengers like myself have been to Nassau many times, and other than seeing the Atlantis and the blocks and blocks of diamond shops on Bay Street, not certain whether there are any other attractions for an excusion. But, you have to understand that at my age and condition, the only shore excursion I have signed up for is the Safari Ride on St. Kitts, an island which I have never visited before!

Thanks for your advice. We are considering of flying to Miami because there are no non-stop flights to Fort Lauderdale from our area. However, if it takes about an hour to get to the pier from Miami airport, then Fort Lauderdale may be a better option.

We have signed up for the following tours:

Historical Walking Tour of Basseterre

Sailing St. Barth

Virgin Gorda & The Baths

Hope some people will join us.

Joe

Joe, was looking at the Virgin Gorda & The Baths excusion, but it seems that there will be too much walking and downhill and uphill stuff. As to St. Barth, will probably just look at all the shops like I did with my late wife, and maybe have lunch at that french restaurant along the main drag across from all the huge yachts.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked my voyage on Silversea's web site, and we are counting down pretty fast.

They have added a number of shore excursions since I last looked, when I booked the Safari Ride on St. Kitts. However, not really interested in most of them.

The excursions look wonderful.

It's a long way off until I get there but has anyone done the Sky Safari Lining or the Scenic Railway in St Kitts? or the Sail and Snorkel?

I'm not going to have enough time there to do everything that I want.:)

Cheers

ging466

We just updated our shore excursions:

Jeep 4X4 Self Drive Adventure - Samana, Dominican Republic

Historical Walking Tour of Basseterre - Basseterre, St. Kitts

Snorkel Odyssey - Gustavia, St. Bart's

Virgin Gorda & The Baths

Everyone have a great weekend................Joe

Archived