Who Is Going On Silver Shadow For 10 Days Leaving FLL On November 22, 2009?

cechase

Meow, we were paying attention. Several months ago SS offered 50 per cent on this cruise plus $1000.00 OBC and free air or air credit. I informed all on this board and they had their TA or SS make the adjustment. I agree with Debbie. Your comparison is way off. And, unless you had a horse in this race, what was the purpose of your post?

I was merely noting sales add-ons need to be considered in any price comparison, but I do feel this thread has gone way off topic from who is going on Shadow for 11/22.

I've lost track besides Charlie and Golden, but I am really looking forward to reading about this sailing.

Meow, we were paying attention. Several months ago SS offered 50 per cent on this cruise plus $1000.00 OBC and free air or air credit. I informed all on this board and they had their TA or SS make the adjustment.
Good, so you did well when it was in time! The purpose of the analysis is to try to see potential price trends. With 50% discount, then the 2009 fare was (earlier on) the same as the (present) 2010 fare. Do you think they may also give $1,000 shipboard credit down the road, say in the coming Spring (repeat of what happened earlier this year)?

I think it will depend on the economy at the time and the number of bookings. SS may do it to try to fill up the suites. Empty suites do not generate income. We were very surprised that these incentives were offered on a holiday cruise. I have kept an eye on this cruise since 2006 and this is the first time the price was reduced.

OK. Back to the fun topic at hand: Thanksgiving! I just reread the entire thread and counted 23 of us: Charlie (in 610) Sparks, Nev; Prince from San Francisco; joefromchicago (2) plus 2 friends. Joe will be wearing a Beats Tshirt. Then we have Goldens4 from Douglasville, Ga, (in 611)wearing an American Patriot shirt or AdoptaGolden shirt. The Britsontour are from Nottinghan, UK; the donutman and new bride may be from the Sparks area also; Rvillegal (2) from Palm Coast, Fl; Nigel and Pamela from the UK; Heinz and Ellen, perenial favorites and finally, 2 duct tapes with 3 friends!! Phew, I appear to have too much time on my hands even tho' we just got home last night from Seabourn's new ship and should finish unpacking. This is more fun. I am going to assume we will all be on deck for the Sail-Away Party??

I will have on my Chicago Bears shirt and should have a great tan, courtesy of the electric beach. We are also doing the early embarkation and should be sitting by the pool around noon.

Anyone staying at the Hyatt the night before?

Joe

:confused: There must be thousands of Joe's from Chicago but I must ask -- might you not be Joe who was on Shadow's Vancouver/San Francisco cruise with friends couple of years ago? I was and met Joe and Friends -- had a great time.

from California

duct tape thanks for taking the trouble to read all of the pages! It really sounds like we are going to have a fun and very interesting and diverse group of people on the Shadow.

In the seven cruises that my late wife and I took, we never participated in the sail away party - but this time it will be different. Where do we go for the 6:00 p.m. departure? Oh, I did have many special sea and anchor details on the first ship that I cruised on, manning the fantail. However the US Navy did not permit drinking aboard.

This will be the perfect anidote for a very difficult and painful 2009.

meow, what a nice comment, thank you.

Thanks jgibbs, now I know where to look for all of the other cruise critic members. Oh, and the fantail is the stern [rear] of the ship. The deck crew handles the stern lines [ropes] of the ship that secures it to the pier or dock. In the event that the ship anchors, there is nothing to do, unless we are going to beach the ship, then the stern anchor is played out so that we can back off the beach after dropping of Marines and their equipment.

Charlie, I hope we won't have to drop off Marines on this cruise, but you never know!;)

Just booked the Beach extravaganza in St. Kitts. Appears to be a nice ride with a stop at a beach with a bar and restaurant. Haven't had a chance for any trips all summer.

Well, my other 1/2 just decided that we should get on the ship in Barbados and be the Advance Team for this group and our friends who will be boarding with you!! Nice surprise. I will be watching boarding to see if I can pick you all out!

Duct tape, just noticed your great surprise. We started our first Silversea cruise on Barbados, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay on that island at the Hilton. While staying at the Hilton, the funniest thing happened. After dinner, my wife and I sat on the balcony of our room sipping a drink and watching the ocean as well as the various swimming pools. My wife pointed out some black objects which were walking around the children's wading pool, as well as enjoying the water. We just could not figure out what they were, but these five or six creatures seemed to be having a good time.

When we checked out the next morning to go to the Shadow for early embarkation, I asked the desk clerk about the animals that we saw. He told us that they were mongooses.

Anybody else going on these shore excursions with us:

Jeep 4X4 Self Drive Adventure

Port Name: Samana, Dominican Republic Excursion Date: 25 Nov 2009

Beach Extravaganza

Port Name: Basseterre, St. Kitts Excursion Date: 27 Nov 2009

Snorkel Odyssey

Port Name: Gustavia, St. Bart's Excursion Date: 28 Nov 2009

Virgin Gorda & The Baths with Lunch

Port Name: Road Town, Tortola, Bvi Excursion Date: 29 Nov 2009

Hope everyone is doing great and look forward meeting to everyone soon,

Joe

Archived