Who Is Going On Silver Shadow For 10 Days Leaving FLL On November 22, 2009?

cechase

Joe, that sounds great and looking forward to meeting you. Think it is only 45 days to boarding!!!

I am a little bit more sedentary - Am taking the Nassau tour and trip to Atlantis [although I have been to the Atlantis before, but never really explored Nassau before other than shopping]; am taking the Safari Ride on St Kitts, and looking forward to taking the partial submarine trip on St Bart. It is a boat with windows below the waterline - which should be a great way to see sealife without diving.

Read an article today in a travel magazine. In St. Thomas, there is supposed to be a new shopping/entertainment complex right next to the cruise ship piers. I wonder if it is similar to the one in Turks and Caicos where there is also a beach???

The voyage in this thread is for next month, so if you are thinking of joining this voyage, you better book right away!

Hi Meow!

I believe Brits on Tour meant shore excursions?

Host Dan

The (new)cruise ship pier and shopping complex in St. Thomas has been there for quite some time( before 2004). There are quite a few shops and eateries, but it's basically a tourist trap. SS will probably run a free shuttle into town. If you want to get off the ship for a while I would recommend doing that. You might also want to take the cable car up the hill; great view. It's a short walk from the pier.

We have never been on a holiday voyage before. In 2004 and 2007, we were on pre-Christmas voyages aboard the Shadow though. Around mid-December, before we disembarked, they started to decorate the ship, including with nice chocolate sculptures, etc., that were cute (and presumably tasted good?)

After our Panama Canal in December, 2007, duct tape stayed on for the Christmas cruise. Vaguely we remember that he posted that the Shadow was "parked" in-between three Caribbean islands with fire works all around and it was impressive.

Now for those of you going on this Thanksgiving voyage, what are you expecting, perhaps a poolside barbeque turkey dinner? (We had one with barbequed pig for Panama Canal). Perhaps they would hire a dancing group from one of the islands for a show? Please post here to share with the rest of us your experience!

Meow - our first cruise on Shadow commenced on December 12, 2006 in Barbados. Shadow was already decorated with Christmas trees when we boarded and later they put up some really great looking gingerbread houses with lights, etc.

Have no idea what they have in mind for Thanksgiving. We will be in St. Thomas on that day and assume that dinner will be the traditional thanksgiving on Shadow. Will let you and the others know.

This is mostly for the ladies. But, if you gents use them feel free to jump in. Since we are driving to Ft. L. and can take more "stuff"; I have a set of hot rollers (medium size) and a large curling iron. I can bring for you if you need and if you do not want to pack them due to the extra weight. My hair is short now, so I do not need to use them.:) I'll just need to see if they still heat up.

We are almost there!!!!!!:D

I guess Christmas/New Year, Thanksgiving and Easter are the three main festivals of the year. It is well know that the Christmas/New Year sailings are always full and particularly expensive on a per diem basis. How about Thanksgiving and Easter, which of the two is more "important"?

I guess Christmas/New Year, Thanksgiving and Easter are the three main festivals of the year. It is well know that the Christmas/New Year sailings are always full and particularly expensive on a per diem basis. How about Thanksgiving and Easter, which of the two is more "important"?

Christmas/New Year because it falls in our summer holidays, then Easter - because we get another four day long weekend.:D

We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia.

Cheers

ging466

Well, we are now in the home stretch. Tried out stuff that I had not worn since December of 2006 [well the suit I wore to my 55th. prep school reunion], took everything to the cleaners, preparing a todo list, and purchased some new clothes items for the first time in two years.

Really looking forward to meeting all of you and this cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed that Marilyn is still holding court in The Bar, and that I will run into Jason, even though he is now a butler.

Since I booked directly through Silversea, any idea when I will receive my cruise documents?

Oh, already looking hard at both Silversea and Seabourn for several cruises in 2010.

Don't worry, Charlie. I haven't received mine either. My TA expects them any day now. It's ususlly 3 to 4 wks. before your cruise date. Sometimes sooner if the ship isn't completely booked. Since our cruise is full, the little document elves are probably working away.;)

Archived