Is this even possible?

Can you bok a cruise w/ Carnival and get both the Past Cruiser Discount and the Military discount. Also, do I need to call a carnival pvp to get the military discount, cuz i don't see a place to mark that I am in the military like on other cruise ticket websites. Thanks for the help in advance; much appreciated!

Can you bok a cruise w/ Carnival and get both the Past Cruiser Discount and the Military discount. Also, do I need to call a carnival pvp to get the military discount, cuz i don't see a place to mark that I am in the military like on other cruise ticket websites. Thanks for the help in advance; much appreciated!

I think you can get only one of the discount rates offered. That is what I was told when I called about if a crusie had gone down for MIL & FIL. I think you have to call for the military discount.

You cannot "combine" the Past guest and the Military rates. You cannot view/book Military rates on carnival.com - you need to go to one of the other on-line sites that DO display same. In general those will be Carnival's rates. Other than the Friends & Family promos offered several times a year, you'll only be able to book one cabin, to include yourself as passenger. Normally, You'll need to submit copy of Active Duty ID or DD-214 within 72 hours or so. ken

You are better off calling a PVP...on our most recent booking we took the military discount because it was cheaper then the Past Guest discount...you will have to provide id to prove you are in the military...but once your PVP puts it in the computer it will pop up on your next booking...at least that is what happened with me...hope that helps

Also, the person who was actually in the military or is in needs to be cruising with you. We didn't know that, and were trying to book one even though he wasn't coming with us. We ended up getting an Indiana rate which was better then the past guest rate.

Also, the sites with Military rates I found are generally a little higher then what Carnival had always quoted me when I called. Just an FYI.

These things are really mis-named. Instead of a discount, they are actually a discount rate available only on some cruise dates.

If you qualify for both, you choose the cheapest one (of course).

We have a friend coming on our upcoming Inspiration vacation - couple with 3 kids - and they only got the military rate on the cabin that included the Dad (marines). The second room - they got the early saver. Had they booked BOTH rooms - they would have saved around $30.00 - but chose the military in case dad is called overseas (they were told they would get a full refund if he were called overseas - for HIM only), and then they would switch to the early saver program.

Confusing........

Archived