Temperature on the ship.

hazenumber1

We will be traveling on the Ruby on Feb 21st and as first timers, are very excited. We are doing the Jamaica/Grand Caymans/Bahamas/Cozemel trip. What is the temperature like on the ship? Is it air conditioned? Will we need a light jacket, maybe a sweater. What about the dining rooms? Will I be cold in a sundress? Should I take a sweater or shawl? Is it chilly up on deck? What about the excursion at these ports? Will it be so hot that I should just not bother to pack a jacket?

Thanks and forgive a first timer dumb questions. :)

Thanks

Colleen

We will be traveling on the Ruby on Feb 21st and as first timers, are very excited. We are doing the Jamaica/Grand Caymans/Bahamas/Cozemel trip. What is the temperature like on the ship? Is it air conditioned? Will we need a light jacket, maybe a sweater. What about the dining rooms? Will I be cold in a sundress? Should I take a sweater or shawl? Is it chilly up on deck? What about the excursion at these ports? Will it be so hot that I should just not bother to pack a jacket?

Thanks and forgive a first timer dumb questions. :)

Thanks

Colleen

:) Yes, the ship is air-conditioned. (I so want to say something smart-alecky right now, but I'll bite my tongue in deference to your first timer status :D).

You'll find that interior temperatures can be a little chilly... you may want to take a light shawl to the dining room. If you're in the Caribbean, you won't be chilly on deck, except possibly, late at night. And yeah, most ports will be quite warm. Take a light jacket in case it rains.

:) Yes, the ship is air-conditioned. (I so want to say something smart-alecky right now, but I'll bite my tongue in deference to your first timer status :D).

You'll find that interior temperatures can be a little chilly... you may want to take a light shawl to the dining room. If you're in the Caribbean, you won't be chilly on deck, except possibly, late at night. And yeah, most ports will be quite warm. Take a light jacket in case it rains.

Agree except that we just got off CB and it was hot onboard. Our cabins were easy to adjust from hot to cold but the common areas lacked A/C. Have fun at formal night - bring lots of deoderant!

I agree with paul929207- my wife is usually cold if she detects any cool air blowing from an AC unit so she always carries a lightweight jacket on any ship even on formal nights in the DR. The Ruby show lounge has an lower area in front of the stage where there are huge AC outlets blowing cold air located right at floor level & most people do feel the cold especially in the afternoon (movie) if the lounge is partially full & you sit up close.

Archived