I had to cancel the day before we left

kindercruiser

I can understand your frustration at having to cancel your cruise, but if you get to go in June that's only 4 more months and just think how much MORE you will enjoy it at that point, looking forward to it for so long, and your family will be healthy and be able to enjoy it with you. :)

That is about the only thing that is bad about booking for a winter cruise....the chance of getting sick is so much greater. So many bugs going around in the winter. Not to say it couldnt happen in the summer too, but I would think less likely. Have a great time in June!! That's when we like to cruise. I'm hoping to get hubby back on the conquest in june. Just waiting to see what our taxes do this year.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support. :) It really helps put a positive spin on this major disappointment. But life goes on...

Thankfully, I have the trip insurance. I've purchased it a few times in the past and this is the first time I have needed it. I already have the paper work filled out from my daughter's doctor and my full intinerary from the travel agent showing the cost involved. I just need to fill out a few more forms. I'll put the whole thing out in tomorrow's mail. I just hope to get back as much as possible. Thanks again for your support. :)

Ken, I will let keep everyone posted about recouping my loses through trip insurance. I bought my trip insurance through company called Access America. So we'll see...

That is the same company my TA uses. I had to file when my mom got sick two days before our cruise two years ago. We had our refund within 30 days of filing. The best $14 I ever spent.

Dave

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad that I purchased trip insurance because I was able to get back all of my money! Woohoo! I have it all back now and I'm looking for another cruise. :)

If you're ever debating about buying trip insurance, let my story be a lesson to you. Thank goodness I had the insurance.

I'm so glad that I purchased trip insurance because I was able to get back all of my money! Woohoo! I have it all back now and I'm looking for another cruise. :)

If you're ever debating about buying trip insurance, let my story be a lesson to you. Thank goodness I had the insurance.

Sorry for the last minute sickness but thank God you got the insurance. My DH thinks I'm crazy because I insist on it everytime. I'll have to let him read this thread.

Have fun picking out the next cruise & the count down days again!!!!

Archived