how many ncl cruisers stay w/o free boa certs.

Ladder55

[quote name='nerd-guy']Don't take the bait.[/quote]

Sorry, just expressing my honest opinion. I would have been pleased to have cruised NCL every few years because of that great Compass Rewards program, but without that discount, I personally don't find NCL equal to some of the other lines. If they would have a great sale, I'd probably jump aboard. I see that several others agree with my viewpoint.
So, now I'm left to accumulate airline miles, and spend my evenings looking for trips (like Hawaii), that aren't blacked out! That was the beauty of Compass Rewards - no hassles.

[quote name='Ladder55']I agree, I pointed this out above, its really sad how some of these people on these ncl threads be little others because of their choice and opinion, I haven not seen this on the other threads to this extent.[/quote]

Apparently you haven't been following the debated discussion on RCCL boards about the "new suite program". Over 183 posts and still going strong. Some harsh words on that thread too!:rolleyes:

I would also like to comment that we enjoy NCL---not only because of the previous BOA compass rewards, but also freestyle, great crew, concierge & Butler service and CAS. NCL has the best "suite service" IMHO,but will be cruising with RCCL in Nov. to see how their "suite service" is.:D

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm not trying to start something......I'm really curious. Now that most cruise lines are offering some form of "dine where you wish, when you wish" and alternatives to Formal night dressing, how is NCL's freestyle different. I know they were the first and obviously the other cruise lines followed their lead, but how is it really different?
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Koshlong'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm not trying to start something......I'm really curious. Now that most cruise lines are offering some form of "dine where you wish, when you wish" and alternatives to Formal night dressing, how is NCL's freestyle different. I know they were the first and obviously the other cruise lines followed their lead, but how is it really different?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

because they were the first they have prefected it. I have tried 2 other lines that offer flex dining, for us, NCL does it better. One reason, other lines offer a choice so are not locked into flex dining. This is fine, nothing wrong, but it does mean not committed. Princess has it, they were the second line, the problem, most of the tables are for 6,8 or more passengers, thus more confusion. HAL is still trying to make it work..I like NCLs version, you can eat with others, but mainly now, they have tables for only 2 or more, if you request.

Nita

[quote name='Koshlong'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm not trying to start something......I'm really curious. Now that most cruise lines are offering some form of "dine where you wish, when you wish" and alternatives to Formal night dressing, how is NCL's freestyle different. I know they were the first and obviously the other cruise lines followed their lead, but how is it really different?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/quote]

[COLOR=black]There are in fact differences. For me on Princess anytime dining meant being stuck at a table with others even when I requested a table for 2 repeatedly. On NCL that has never happened unless I requested to dine with others. On NCL every restaurant is Freestyle giving me up to 12 different options depending on the ship. On NCL dressing formal is the option. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]The net on NCL freestyle/anytime is the norm an on the others an option in reaction to the success of NCL that was in a steep decline before the infusion of innovation.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

because they were the first they have prefected it. I have tried 2 other lines that offer flex dining, for us, NCL does it better. One reason, other lines offer a choice so are not locked into flex dining. This is fine, nothing wrong, but it does mean not committed. Princess has it, they were the second line, the problem, most of the tables are for 6,8 or more passengers, thus more confusion. HAL is still trying to make it work..I like NCLs version, you can eat with others, but mainly now, they have tables for only 2 or more, if you request.

Nita

Not in my experience (albiet a single cruise on the Pearl) - waits were the norm every night. Princess (on the Caribbean P) did a better job, and more recently RCCL (on the Indy) My Time dining was excellent - any size table, come right in, great service. I'm really not interested in a debate, but I experienced what I experienced. Not just my opinion, I know when I was made to wait for a table.

Thats why I said "in my experience" - do you know what "generalize" means? If my one NCL cruise was the only one where seating was slow, thats one too many for me. When you try a chain restaurant, and it's poorly run or the food is bad, do you have much desire to try another location?

How often do we have to wait at chain restaurants? or maybe you choose dining in places where waiting is not the accecpted thing. On rare occassions we will choose Macaroni Grill, TGIF or Outbake, always have to wait if we go anywhere from 6pm to about 8pm and we know this. On our last Princess cruise we had to wait on two different nights, the first and the middle of the cruise, the second time only about 5 or 10 minutes. This will not stop us from cruising Princess again. Everyone has their buttons that don't like to be pushed.

Nita

Is been my experience lines are longer attempting to have a Sunday morning brunch in my hometown than it is to dine between 7-9 on Friday and Saturday nights.

If anyone chooses to dine during a restaurant rush hour, whether morning or evening, expect a line. The key to reducing waiting in line is to dine earlier or later, before or after rush hour.

This conclusion does not take a rocket scientist to figure out.

Archived