Radiance-Cabin 7172

gkm

We are sailing to South America in cabin 7172 on the aft. Have any of you been in that cabin? Since is right over the lounge, is it noisy? Does this cabin wrap like the corner ones above it? From looking at aft pictures, it looks like it does, but might not have the depth of the cabin above it.

I sure would appreciate any feedback you can give us on this cabin.

Thank you in advance!:)

Garry

We are sailing to South America in cabin 7172 on the aft. Have any of you been in that cabin? Since is right over the lounge, is it noisy? Does this cabin wrap like the corner ones above it? From looking at aft pictures, it looks like it does, but might not have the depth of the cabin above it.

I sure would appreciate any feedback you can give us on this cabin.

Thank you in advance!:)

Garry

Switch to 9658 asap. It's available if you call right now.

Don't like being that close to the lounge. plus it's no where near as deep as the ones directly above. No room for a lounge chair on deck 7, on the deck 9 balcony you will have 2 lounge chairs.

Hi Gkm, it is your lucky day:) I sailed in 7174 of Radiance which is RIGHT next door to 7172. Let me tell you that this is our favorite room all-time. The room does not go back (depth) much more than a standard D1 (maybe a foot at the most) BUT, it has the most glorious balcony ever! It is big - yet not quite big enough for loungers. I think the room above that had lounge chairs. The best thing about the back on this ship is that you overlook pure ocean, unlike the Freedom & Voyager class that have large metal decor that overhangs and shades your room, looking down onto the green deck (yuck). The Radiance is just water directly below and you get to see that really cool oscilating thrust that is unique to this class. As for the lounge directly below, we never noticed anything. There was not any extra noise that I ever heard, plus that place is generally desolate by midnight. We met the couple in your room and scoped it out in the middle of the night when there was a medical evac off the coast of San Juan and the room looked the same, albeit a slightly smaller balcony. ENJOY!

rob

I just looked through my photos of 7172 on the Serenade to be sure I wasn't totally losing my memory. On that ship in that stateroom, we had a full-length normal regular lounger, on which I stretched all 6 feet of me.

I often read postings about the Radiance not having a full-length deck lounger in addition to the two chairs and round cocktail table. Why is this I wonder?

The deck on 7172 is glorious and has much more railing than 9658, which only has depth. I would stay with 7172. Only very occasionally did I hear music from the lounge below.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Thank you, all of you, for your feedback. Jimbo, I appreciate the pictures. A question. Does the balcony wrap so that you can see out of the side? We have sailed on the Brilliance and had 9256, and the balcony went to the side (though narrow). From what you say, this balcony definitely is not as wide.

Leslie, you said you had a lounge chair and that's important to me since I had ankle surgery and need to elevate it whenever possible. I'm happy to hear that there is room for one there.

I'm on the fence over which cabin is better for us.

Garry

That's a tough decision. We have been in the corner aft 8168 and in one of the center afts, 8172. The corner had a lounge chair but it was sideways sort of stuck into that narrow area of the deck. You can't actually walk over into that area to see off the side. 8172 was much deeper and had two regular chairs as well as two loungers. To be honest I found it just as nice as the corner aft. Good luck with your decision. My opinion is that you can't go wrong with any of the afts.

We have changed cabins. We now have 9658. I was worried about the noise below from the night club and the narrowness of the cabin's veranda. Also, since this cruise is to South America and we go around the horn, I think the new cabin will be more protected from the elements.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

Garry

Hi Garry

We've been on the Radiance twice and both times had aft cabins. The last time being Sept. 08 to Alaska. The first time was in the Caribbean several years ago. On both cruises we did not have the "large" lounge chairs. On the Caribbean cruise we questioned at guest relations why we did not and they told us that since the ship cruises Alaska they only had the smaller chairs. Didn't make much sense to me!!! We did the South America cruise on the Infinity and enjoyed our lounge chairs in the aft cabin many days. Have a great trip.

Carolyn

That's a tough decision. We have been in the corner aft 8168 and in one of the center afts, 8172. The corner had a lounge chair but it was sideways sort of stuck into that narrow area of the deck. You can't actually walk over into that area to see off the side. 8172 was much deeper and had two regular chairs as well as two loungers. To be honest I found it just as nice as the corner aft. Good luck with your decision. My opinion is that you can't go wrong with any of the afts.

Would you happen to have any pictures of 8168's balcony? We have it on Serenade next January.

Kikkycat, I am sorry I don't. Here is a link to some aft cabin pictures on webshots. I don't know if it has 8168 or not. The inside is exactly the same as any other D1 cabin. The balcony is more pie shaped. If you look at the link to 7172 that Jimbo posted it is almost the same. The balconies get a little larger as you go up in decks so 8168 is a little bigger than 7172 but a little smaller than 9256. Those corner afts are very popular and unsually book up really fast. You will love it.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=jewel+of+the+seas+aft+8168&start=72

Archived