status of stockholder OBC

funtimex2

What is the statue of OBC with being a stock holder. Can you still get this along with other OBC? such as group credits or Next cruise certificate credits?

As far as I have been told by C&A you can get only one credit what ever is largest so if you are diamond and booking a balcony take the balcony discount $100 off per person if you book with a group you can still get the OBC that the group gets as of now you can not get the next cruise credit so no need to book on board if you own stock just book when you see a sale and send in your stock credit if you book anything other than a balcony. We have stopped booking next cruise certificate since we own stock. Hope this helps.

From everthing I have read so far, it looks like the most recent "RULES" concerning OBC for stock holders do not allow you to combine the OBC for Stock with the Platinum (or other level) Balcony Discount. I have read the investor website and it seems to support this.

So as long as the balcony discount will be greater than or equal to the Stock OBC (Which it normally is for Platinum from what I can tell) there is no reason to buy RCL stock for cruise benefits.

Is this correct?

I placed a buy order since the share price is still relatively low thinking I would get the stock in time to get the OBC on an upcoming cruise. I cancelled the order based on my belief that the above understanding is correct. I may still buy RCL stock as an investment but that is another discussion.

Thanks in advance for the help!

[support this.

So as long as the balcony discount will be greater than or equal to the Stock OBC (Which it normally is for Platinum from what I can tell) there is no reason to buy RCL stock for cruise benefits.

Is this correct?

Yes. That's correct.......unless your cruise was booked prior to 31 Dec 2008 in which case you'll get the balcony discount AND the OBC

[support this.

Is this correct?

Yes. That's correct.......unless your cruise was booked prior to 31 Dec 2008 in which case you'll get the balcony discount AND the OBC

Thanks!!!

I may still buy RCL stock as an investment but that is another discussion.

It is a good time to buy! We bought our stock awhile back -- and I admit both because I believe in RCI but also because I wanted the OBC -- now its dropped so much we are trying to decide if we want to sell to take the loss for taxes and then just buy back (after the 30 day window) at a lower cost.

News from Crown and Anchor As of today the new rule is that if you have an OLD Next cruise certificate made before end of year December 31,2008 you will be able to combine it with the Platimun/Diamond Balcony Discount and receive both credits. Only NC from last year any new one will not be combinable. email me if you need more info:glittergirlfl@yahoo.com

Oh Really? Maybe that's why my RCI Vacation planner has been trying to contact me for the last 2 days. I didn't even know I had an RCI VP, but she did mention my (old) Next Cruise certificate and has been rather insistent. That's good news! :D

News from Crown and Anchor As of today the new rule is that if you have an OLD Next cruise certificate made before end of year December 31,2008 you will be able to combine it with the Platimun/Diamond Balcony Discount and receive both credits. Only NC from last year any new one will not be combinable. email me if you need more info:glittergirlfl@yahoo.com

Thanks Glittergirl.

Kathy:)

It is a good time to buy! We bought our stock awhile back -- and I admit both because I believe in RCI but also because I wanted the OBC -- now its dropped so much we are trying to decide if we want to sell to take the loss for taxes and then just buy back (after the 30 day window) at a lower cost.

My thoughts exactly...bought stock for the obc and now, in most cases, you can't use it, time to sell and take the loss, which will help on my taxes (may consider buying back later). I still love RCI and will definitely continue to sail with them. I didn't sail with them only because I had stock.

Anna

Archived