Freedom Aft rooms

TinaJ04463

We just got our room numbers for our April trip, we have 2476, looks like its right under Posh, all the way to the back of the ship. How much Bonine should I take, lol?
We always book 'aft' on purpose, altho' we are usually a little higher up...!:)

I can't imagine any real problems inheirent with your cabin, except for the DR above, but they don't set it up late at night..;)

Have a GREAT cruise... We LOVED the Freedom!!!:D

Thanks, we were on the same floor last year, with an inside towards the middle. I'm just worried about too much motion. I am excited about having an ocean view, but I know that if I am looking at where we've been, I'll be sick!! :))

TinaJ

You could feel some movement, but more than movement you'll probably feel vibrating. I don't mind it (I actually really like it), but some people do. If you're prepared for it though, you should be fine.

The vibrating isn't ongoing. It's usually when docking and pushing away from ports.

You are going to LOVE when they manouver the ship trying to dock and leave port each day....

We were on the Empress (7th) deck and our mirrors and everything loose in the room rattled like heck.

I can't imagine being that low, right above the pods.

Bill

You are going to LOVE when they manouver the ship trying to dock and leave port each day....

We were on the Empress (7th) deck and our mirrors and everything loose in the room rattled like heck.

I can't imagine being that low, right above the pods.

Bill

Right above the pods? Oh boy! Does it really rattle that bad????:eek:

Right above the pods? Oh boy! Does it really rattle that bad????:eek:

I've had 2462 & 2465 on lots of my cruise, and I really love the location. The motion never bothered me all that much.

Joanne

TinaJ: Have a great time on your upcoming April Freedom sailing!! :)

I will be in a cabin very close to that same location on Freedom in two days, and I will be repeating some of the same preventative measures I do whenever sailing in aft cabins.

I request additional wash cloths to place on the glass shelves in the bathroom, and then I put my toiletries on the cloths. That helps everything to be more stable during those vibration times, and not go sliding and tumbling into the sink or onto the floor. I learned that trick after an issue on Liberty when we were in rough seas with headwinds and the Captain was having to rev the engines quite a bit. My can of shaving gel fell off the shelf, apparently hit the faucet hardware just enough to damage the can, and the entire content exploded over the walls, mirror, and ceiling.

I've had 2462 & 2465 on lots of my cruise, and I really love the location. The motion never bothered me all that much.

Joanne

Thanks, Joanne. We'll just have smooth seas, so we won't have to worry about shake, rattle and roll :D Tina and I are planning a "bar crawl" for the Freedom. Want to join us?

TinaJ: Have a great time on your upcoming April Freedom sailing!! :)

I will be in a cabin very close to that same location on Freedom in two days, and I will be repeating some of the same preventative measures I do whenever sailing in aft cabins.

I request additional wash cloths to place on the glass shelves in the bathroom, and then I put my toiletries on the cloths. That helps everything to be more stable during those vibration times, and not go sliding and tumbling into the sink or onto the floor. I learned that trick after an issue on Liberty when we were in rough seas with headwinds and the Captain was having to rev the engines quite a bit. My can of shaving gel fell off the shelf, apparently hit the faucet hardware just enough to damage the can, and the entire content exploded over the walls, mirror, and ceiling.

Thanks for the tip about the wash cloths. I think I'll make hubby keep his shave gel in a secured location :eek:

We just got our room numbers for our April trip, we have 2476, looks like its right under Posh, all the way to the back of the ship. How much Bonine should I take, lol?

TinaJ

We were in 2457 last may and loved it. If Franklin is still the room steward you are in luck. He is the best. I don't know when he slept. If you meet him let him know how appreciated he is.

There was no trouble with rocking. I have used motion sickness pills in the past and did not need them on this one. The rooms are very big and have lots of storage

We did hear some noise when docking from the thrusters (I think) but not enough to be a problem. There was no noise from above. The window is large and you can set your towel animals in it. The bathroom is quite large.

We loved the Freedom.

Thanks, Joanne. We'll just have smooth seas, so we won't have to worry about shake, rattle and roll :D Tina and I are planning a "bar crawl" for the Freedom. Want to join us?

A bar crawl would be awesome Lynn !!!! I've been buying some drink tix, just so that my bar tab isn't as high. :D

Joanne

Archived