Voyager vs. Enchantment

Ok, I really, really want to go on a Voyager class ship and found a balcony for $747 on the voyager of the seas 10/30 sailing. The only problem is the itinerary. San Juan, St Martin, Labadee (?). The enchantment however, goes to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, both places I would love to go but it is a 5 day. Any opinions? Would love to hear from people that have been on both ships as well as people who have been to the ports listed. Thanks. icon_rolleyes.gif

First cruise - 2/23/04 - Best time of my life!

Renee

I've been on both ships and I would say go with the balcony on the Voyager for that price. The Voyager will be an experience in and of itself. It's also a longer cruise which is also nice. As to the ports, the only downside is missing Grand Cayman.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Labadee is RCIs private island...loads of fun, great beach day. San Juan I really enjoyed, after thinking of it as a ship day. Nice historic areas, interesting. Never been to St Martin though...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...left until Navigator of the Seas 11/13/04

I thought that Labadee is not a port of call at the present time because of the countries problems.

I also think the poster is asking about the voyage class ship out of San Juan (adventuer of the Seas??) compared to the enchantment.

Weigh your options--how much is airfare to San Juan from where you are?

Where do you really want to go and see.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

The Voyager is not out of SJU.

You'll love the Voyager class ships. Far and above better and more to do than the smaller Enchantment. I don't particularly like that itinerary, but the price is right.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

Hi, Kaylasmom! I have not been on the Voyager yet, but I have been on the Adventure, Explorer and Mariner, and also the Enchantment, Vision and Grandeur. What you're asking is really difficult to answer. If you really want to go to Grand Cayman and Jamaica, then do that itinerary. Personally, five days on a ship isn't enough time for me, so if it was me, I'd do the Voyager, unless I'd not been to those ports. See? There's no right answer!

That being said, you need to consider that the ships are very different. Ask yourself what you really want from this cruise. I see you have one cruise under your belt. What ship was it? What did you like about it. What did you dislike?

Then look at the sizes of the Voyager and Enchantment. I never felt like there were so many people on the Voyager Class ships, unless we were doing immigration in St. Thomas or disembarking.

Also, look with whom you'll sail. Will you be with kids? If so, the Voyager might be the better pick. If not, the Enchantment might be better (although I highly recommend Stingray City for everyone).

I wish I could help with the Voyager specifically. Sorry about that. If you have any questions about the Enchantment, I'll try to answer, or the Voyager class in general. I have not done the current itinerary on Enchantment, mine was a 7-day to the Eastern Carib.

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

Thanks Everyone. I am sailing w/ my husband and we are pretty young (22 and 24). Last time we sailed on the Monarch we were sometimes bored. That's why I was thinking the Voyager would be better. Hopefully she'll be enough to keep us busy on her own. Looking at the shore excursions available, I can't imagine having a great time in San Juan and who knows if we'll be going to Labadee. I do want to do a 7 day and I would love to have a balcony though. Thanks again for everyone's opinion.

First cruise - 2/23/04 - Best time of my life!

Renee

The Enchantment is a beautiful ship. The art is awesome! We were on AOS in March, sister ship to VOS (which we will be on in July) and the size is not at all overwhelming. A balcony cabin is always a wonderful thing so if you found a good price and want to try this class of ship I think you will be pleased. As far as Labadee...not in the cards right now. Have a great time!

We had a wonderful time In San Juan; we didnt do any shore excursions just walked around and looked at the different shops and visited the fortress.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I have done both.

I did the Millenium sailing on the Voyager. Perhaps things have improved since then, but the food was the worst I have ever had on RCI and the service mediocre. The ship was way too big for my taste.

Unfortunately, my Enchantment cruise had over 800 kids aboard and it was a big mess. There were so many complaints made to the purser that they put a sign up saying they were doing the best they could. It really lessened the enjoyment of our cruise as they were all over the adults only areas.

I read this and realize it is not so helpful but I would still choose the Enchantment over VOS. The big ships just don't do it for me.

RCI(37),NCL(11),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern Cruise Lines(13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Others (20)

RCCI has Voyager class ships that go to the Western Carribean if that is where you want to go. The Explorer out of Miami and the Mariner out of Port Canaveral both alternate between eastern and western. Check them out.Both are great ships. Look them up on Travelocity.

Archived