Aquapac Waterproof bag? Anyone ever used this?

I have a DiCaPac, which I believe is pretty similar, and I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't use it to Scuba with or anything. but it keeps my camera safe against sand and water and allows me to take snorkel and pool pics, so i'm pleased with it.

HI ,

I have an Aquapak and have used it on the last 7 or so cruises. Always get people wanting to know where I got it. Use it at the beach t\so that I don't have to worry about money etc , being left around.

Won't cruise without mine.

I got it online at Walmart.

Teena

I can not afford to buy an expensive waterproof cases for our digital cameras and I wanted to know if anyone has ever used these Aquapac waterproof bags and had good luck with them.

I bought this one http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/dp65.html for my cruise last year and used it quite a few times to hold my camera, card, money, etc. Perfect size for those few important items.

I have always used aloksak waterproof bags and would highly recommend them. I just bought some new ones but they last forever and come in a variety of sizes. I believe watchfuleyedesigns.com carries them on line but you could just google "aloksak" and find a retailer. They're great, use it for camera, cell phones etc. Good luck

We bought an aquapak wallet and camera case for a compact camera. Took them to a hotel pool to test them out before we took it on our cruise with our important documents and they worked great!!! We can't wait to use them snorkeling. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

i have used it,, it works well, one thing i do right before i seal it up is take a paper towel or a napkin and put it right before the seal this way if it does start to leak in, the papertowel will catch it before it hits the camera... however i just got a reallllly cheap water proof underwater 10pm digital camera at walmart made by fugi right before i left fo rmexico last month for 168.00 the camera is FANTASTIC small and i can not say enough good things about it

I use the aquapak's on every cruise. I have one for my digital point & shoot. Smaller ones for cash and cell phone. I take it all into the water safely. Have taken some decent pictures with the camera. I wouldn't use one for an SLR. Too difficult to do the adjustments on the camera through the plastic. Would be fine just to protect the camera but not for taking pics. I can take everything into the water and not worry about my valuables. They are with me, not on the beach for the taking.

I didn't buy one for my camera but I just gave DH a aquapac belt pouch for Christmas to put our passport and valuables in. They advertise that it is safe to put them in there. Of course I am going to do quite a few testings on other non valuable papers to make sure it is safe. Maybe we will try it out in our hot tub tomorrow night. :D

I have a DiCaPac as well, and it's great. I ran into someone in the Cayman Islands who had one and she had a problem when she left the camera in there for more than an hour, so I try not to do that. But otherwise, it's easy to use and the pictures are great. I definitely recommend it or something like it.

Archived