Quick! Which Aft C753, D741 or E735?

Travel-Jen

Go for Caribe deck. The room is on the corner, so not only do you get an aft view, you also get a view of the side of the ship. Also - only one neighbour (the suite next door) so it is very private. Best cabin ever!:)

Or what about an Emerald minisuite...E722? That is also available. It is $500 more though.

E722 as far as minis go is fantastic. Very quiet back there. I would take that one in a heartbeat. It is covered by the way.

Marilyn

Is that 500 pp? If so, I would stick with the BB category. $1000 is a lot of money that you could use for on board expenses - and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on your very large, very private aft balcony:)

I've stayed in both minis and balconies and I'd rather have the extra room on the balcony than the small couch area in the mini.

We stayed in C753 on the Crown 2 years ago. I had it reserved again for our upcoming cruise, then the government took over the ship for that week, so we lost our wonderful cabin.............If it's available, get it!!!

You will love it!!!

Thank you all so much for the great info!

I am so stuck...my hubby wants the larger room, because of 3 days at sea. I want the aft with larger balcony. Honestly, I could care less about the couch in the mini suite.

We are currently in E722, covered mini, but I started thinking about going aft once I've read all the great reviews. It is actually $500 total less for the BB balcony.

Ugh...decisions, decisions!

Well, just showed my hubby aft photos, and C753 is raved about way too much on the web to pass it up. I think I won my hubby over on this room.

I hope for Alaska it's a great choice.

We had C753 on the Star last year for Alaska. It was great!

Thanks, I appreciate it. We switched to C753 this morning.

I was worried with switching in the past because they say if you are traveling "southbound" to Alaska, to be portside is better.

But I figured I'd rather have a panoramic view being aft, and since the ship turns around at some point (I think in Glacier Bay), whatever wasn't portside on the way up will by starboard on the way back! ;)

Anyhow, I'd much rather save the money for better excursions and fun on the ship. We will probably be more on our balcony than in the room...cold weather or not...LOL!

Thanks, I appreciate it. We switched to C753 this morning.

I was worried with switching in the past because they say if you are traveling "southbound" to Alaska, to be portside is better.

But I figured I'd rather have a panoramic view being aft, and since the ship turns around at some point (I think in Glacier Bay), whatever wasn't portside on the way up will by starboard on the way back! ;)

Anyhow, I'd much rather save the money for better excursions and fun on the ship. We will probably be more on our balcony than in the room...cold weather or not...LOL!

Jennifer, you will love this cabin in Alaska. It is awesome. Aside from the great view, the best thing about the aft facing balconies in Alaska is that you get very little wind on the aft balconies. While our friends were quite chilly on the side balconies, we were very comfortable in our aft facing balcony. You will probably want to go to the front of the ship as you approach the glaciers. Once the ship turns and you leave the glacier area, the aft balcony has incredible views. Enjoy your cruise.

Beth

Archived