Next Cruise Booking Balcony Credit Combinable

Ok here is my question ( i am new to a lot of this).. I am eligible for a platinum discount .. is there any beneift to booking my europe 2010 cruise while on the monarch in April or am i better doing it when the itineraries openup in March?? I am looking for 10+ nite if that makes a difference ..

If you are booking a balcony and use your Platinum balcony discount you save $200 per cabin which is the same amount of OBC you get per cabin with a Next Cruise booking for a 10 night cruise. I would go with the Platiunum balcony discount since it comes directly off your cost whereas the OBC must be spent on board.

If you are booking a non balcony cabin and not using another benefit then the Next Cruise booking works.

I agree with the above poster. If you are looking at a balcony, use the balcony discount. The OBC basically now is a use it or lose it. If you don't have any OBC you spend what you want instead of maybe wasting it before you disembark.

Booked the Grandeur for an Oct sailing on Jan 28th using a NC cert purchased in Aug of 2008. They of course would only honor one benefit/discount at that time. So I used my platinum discount for our JS. Preferred a credit on total price rather than OBC that could be lost if not used. (like I wouldn't use it all!!) Called tonight and told them about what I read here, they researched the history of my booking number and then sent me a new Confirmation Invoice showing "ADV1-$100 ONDBRDCR" for our cruise. Thanks so much for the heads up! Every little bit helps!! :D

Booked the Grandeur for an Oct sailing on Jan 28th using a NC cert purchased in Aug of 2008. They of course would only honor one benefit/discount at that time. So I used my platinum discount for our JS. Preferred a credit on total price rather than OBC that could be lost if not used. (like I wouldn't use it all!!) Called tonight and told them about what I read here, they researched the history of my booking number and then sent me a new Confirmation Invoice showing "ADV1-$100 ONDBRDCR" for our cruise. Thanks so much for the heads up! Every little bit helps!! :D

I thought it was another rumor too until I called this morning...I got to keep my diamond ballcony and add the NC OBC and shareholder OBC!

I made $400 today!

I thought it was another rumor too until I called this morning...I got to keep my diamond ballcony and add the NC OBC and shareholder OBC!

I made $400 today!

It worked for you and me because we actually booked before the new policy went into affect.

knewcrewzr booked their cruise in January, sorry knewcrewzr.

###

NC was purchased in Aug 2008, prior the the no-combination date. NC was converted to actual booking on Jan 2009. I did get the platinum discount in Jan and the OBC was returned yesterday. I do not have stock so I got what was coming to me eventually. I'm happy as a clam!!

I just got off the phone with C&A.

On 2/23 they revised the rule...any next cruise cert. PURCHASED prior to Dec. 31st is combineable with your balcony discount, next cruise OBC and shareholder.

The rule will stay in effect until all NC certs. purchased prior to dec. 31st have been turned in.

If that's the case, it makes sense. The rules remain as they were at the time you purchased the NC. I could understand the rules changing if the deposit was refundable, but the fact that it is non-refundable should mean that they can't change the terms on you. It appears that RCI is listening to the consumers.

Having said this I am going to call RCI and make sure 'all is good' on my reservation!

If you are booking a balcony and use your Platinum balcony discount you save $200 per cabin which is the same amount of OBC you get per cabin with a Next Cruise booking for a 10 night cruise. I would go with the Platiunum balcony discount since it comes directly off your cost whereas the OBC must be spent on board.

If you are booking a non balcony cabin and not using another benefit then the Next Cruise booking works.

Perfect Thank you !~ and yes i am offically now a balcony snob !! Trying my first corner aft on the Jewel in October .. no going back now ....

I guess I am not understanding something. If you book an actual cruise (specific date)while oboard, do you get OBC and balcony discount or does any booking from now on only get one or the other.

It is one or the other starting back on Jan 1st. This new "rule" involves only nect cruise certificates purchased before Jan 1st.

THANK YOU! I saw this thread yesterday and called C&A this morning. When I booked my November 30 Jewel cruise using a NC I was told I could only get the OBC or balcony discount but I called and viola! I got both! Every dollar saved is a dollar earned!

When we were onboard in late 2008 we booked 2 different dates on the Oasis as we were not sure which one we would take and we wanted to combine balcony discount, shareholder and booking OBC. These bookings are NOT Next Cruise but actual bookings. If I am reading this correctly if instead of cancelling the one we will not take I just change it to a different ship and date for some time in the future (keeping original booking number) we will now be able to keep all three benefits???

[quote name='molly361']When we were onboard in late 2008 we booked 2 different dates on the Oasis as we were not sure which one we would take and we wanted to combine balcony discount, shareholder and booking OBC. These bookings are NOT Next Cruise but actual bookings. If I am reading this correctly if instead of cancelling the one we will not take I just change it to a different ship and date for some time in the future (keeping original booking number) we will now be able to keep all three benefits???[/quote]
Yes, that's what I would do to retain the multiple benefits.

I just called and got a $200 off balcony discount for my cruise next January. I have e-mailed for stock holders benefits of $200 obc. If I get that, I have saved $400, thanks to you wonderful people. My reservation for next January is booked from a "Next Cruise" purchased in Jan 08. I was told I could not combine these benefits, and believed that to be true, until I read here that the rules have changed. I was also able to get the $200 discount for our traveling companions, who are out of town this weekend. They will be surprised when they get back and find they have saved $200. You are wonderful for posting these changes and always keeping us informed. Thanks much!!!!!:)

[quote name='Bargeo']I just called and got a $200 off balcony discount for my cruise next January. I have e-mailed for stock holders benefits of $200 obc. If I get that, I have saved $400, thanks to you wonderful people. My reservation for next January is booked from a "Next Cruise" purchased in Jan 08. I was told I could not combine these benefits, and believed that to be true, until I read here that the rules have changed. I was also able to get the $200 discount for our traveling companions, who are out of town this weekend. They will be surprised when they get back and find they have saved $200. You are wonderful for posting these changes and always keeping us informed. Thanks much!!!!!:)[/quote]

Excellent....I also got $450 in OBC added to my upcoming trip and $400 to my 2010 trip.

WISH I had more NC certificates now!!

Glad we could help!

Archived