Labadee Replacement Port

We just returned from the Navigator, sailed on 4/17, we went to nassua and I had the same feeling before we left. I had not been to Nassua in quite some time and boy was I surprised. It had changed so much, I thought it was really nice. We took a taxi to Paradise Island and were dropped off a the public beach which is right next to Atlantis. It was really and enjoyable day.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catnip:
We were on the 3/30 Brilliance sailing, and we got stuck with Nassau.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have always enjoyed Nassau and are surprised to hear this kind of comment. I just can't help but wonder if there are 2 Nassaus. The one we see and one that some others seem to see.
No, Nassau isn't perfect. Neither is Florida. But, it has great shopping, good beaches, very nice people and even some historic sites.
I think what did it for us was that we spent 10 days there once and got away from all the touristy stuff.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

I was thinking that we would be going to Nassau, but when I called RCI they said Freeport/Grand Bahama. Who knows, you can never get the same answer twice. They still haven't posted anything to their website yet. I went to Nassau last year, and enjoyed it. plus I kind of know my way around and what to do.

Yarlenna,
I guess the reason I said it that way, was that we've been there so many times, we were ready to go someplace else!! Like....not Nassau, again! But I remember from the last time we were there, there was a great British pub not too far from the ship that was nice for lunch.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

RC really needs to do a better job at training their phone reps. I called earlier today to check on the May 8th Navigator, and she said RC was currently crusing to Labadee. And I said "ships are currently stopping there", and she said "yes". But... according to their web site, ships that left as recently as two days ago WOULD NOT be going to Labadee.

I think she must have been fishing off the back of the boat!!

Mike

Can't wait to board the Navigator in
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gfkr2:
Consider yourself lucky. The alternative is Nassau. I hate Nassau.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Freeport over Nassau? Have you ever been to Freeport (Grand Bahama)? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress om 9/18/04

That's too bad. I wish things would clear up in Labadee as it's beautiful. I think Nassau is not a comparable stop. If it was a private Island like one of the cays, it would be nice. You can make it a "stay on the ship" day. Those are nice too when everyone's onshore.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

I was looking forward to having the free beach day. If we go to either Nassau or Freeport, we are going to pay for a beach trip. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Majestic: Oct. '89
Rhapsody of the Seas: May '01
Golden Princess: Dec. '01

Until Navigator---May 15, 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived