Crown & Anchor Club = Captains' Club? If you're in the RCCL

grhokie

C & A Club, do you get treated as a multiple cruiser on Celebrity? This is our first on Celebrity after 5 or 6 on RCCL. Thanks.
You can transfer levels [ie C&A Platinum becomes Captains Club Select; C&A Diamond becomes CC Elite] but they do NOT combine Cruise Points within the two programs. You will need to call Celebrity before you cruise and get a Captain's Club number - they are not the same number.

Does it matter how many points you have on Royal Caribbean? I have only 3, but I loved getting the free gift (an awesome tote bag one time, then a bizarre (and a little ugly) leather picture frame.

If it doesn't matter how many, I'll have to call and see if they will do it for me.

We just went on Solstice...we're Platinum on RCI and they transferred our status to Celebrity. Our seapasses reflected this status. No special Captains Club gift in the cabin though. Everyone gets a beach bag.

Virginia

Oh, really? A bag? That's always fun.

I haven't been on Celebrity yet... I am very excited. I have been on several of the Royal Caribbean ships, but finally have decided to try Celebrity.

That bag that is in all the cabins is one of those faux cloth bags - made of disposable cloth similar to handi-wipes. We really never use it and I have heard that it bleeds when wet - it's dark blue.

I was surprised when I looked into the benefits with Captains Club and was a bit let down.

Repeaters on Celebrity pick Celebrity for the Celebrity cruiseship experience (service, food, atmosphere, etc) rather than the Captain's club benefits.

We have sailed Celebrity exclusively since 1992 as Celebrity meets nearly all our criteria for a wonderful vacation.

I used to think that being in a higher level was a cool thing, but in my mind, both lines can keep their lousy coupon book. Gee, you mean I can get a free bottle of wine after I've purchased four??? I get a free picture of the ship after I've spent $100+ on formal portraits? A free bingo card with the purchase of one? WOW, you must really value my business. I'd rather have a free something, anything, without having to buy something as well. You mean to tell me that it would sink the company if you gave me a free glass of table wine or a free draft on my next 10-day cruise? After all the paid drinking that I will do? The last straw for me was the Solstice. That savings book was a joke. Next time I cruise either company, I'm going to keep the book, send it to the proper CEO with a very stern letter. And weren't we promised by Dan the man that they wre going to revamp their loyalty program?

Here's a thought: how about a points program? One that keeps track of your dollars spent onboard and gives you bonuses and benefits after accruing so many points, just like a frequent flyer card or something? On a 7-day cruise, I can spend $800 easy, so with 800 points multiplied by the many cruises I've been on? Hmm...

I'm not a fan of Carnival, but does anyone know if they have a better program?

That bag that is in all the cabins is one of those faux cloth bags - made of disposable cloth similar to handi-wipes. We really never use it and I have heard that it bleeds when wet - it's dark blue.

Well, that's a lot less exciting than I thought it would be.

Oh, well. I probably have too many bags, anyway.

Repeaters on Celebrity pick Celebrity for the Celebrity cruiseship experience (service, food, atmosphere, etc) rather than the Captain's club benefits.

We have sailed Celebrity exclusively since 1992 as Celebrity meets nearly all our criteria for a wonderful vacation.

Thats exactly why I bought a "passages" on Explorer of the Seas back in January. Its for a cruise without the kids so Celebrity will be perfect.

The coupon book means nothing to me either.

I can attest to the benefits after a simple phone call.

I am at 9 credits with Royal Caribbean and have sailed once on Celebrity. I called the Captains Club and was listed as being 9 with them as well.

Even though you are now listed with 9 credits on Celebrity, you really only have the credit from your Celebrity cruise. In order to reach the next level, (either diamond with Royal or elite with Celebrity), you would need to get one cruise credit with Royal or 9 (or less if your celebrity cruise was in a concierge class or higher cabin and/or 12 nights or more) cruise credits with Celebrity as each line keeps their count separate for membership level advancement. Credits are not added together between the two lines.

Archived