For those who booked Early Saver...

cjb1879

...don't believe it when Carnival says that it is "guaranteed" to be the lowest rate. Three days ago, I was fooling around on Carnival's website and found the the resident rate was $40 lower per person in a balcony for my July 2009 sailing on Liberty. We have family sailing with us in an inside cabin and the resident rate for them was $20/person lower than what they booked on Early Saver. I called and a PVP was able to get the lower rate for us- $40 less/person for the first 2 passengers in the balcony and $80 less for the third. For the inside cabin, it was $20 less/person for the first 2 and $80 less for the third.

Today, I was back on the Carnival site and noticed the resident rate had dropped even lower. Another $30 less/person for the first 2 in the balcony and $20 less for the third! I called Carnival and the PVP I got this time said that I would need to complete the Price Protection form on the website to get the reduction (we have not yet paid in full).

Some of you guys may already be on the ball with this, but thought I'd share for others who are less-experienced like me!

None, whatsoever. Actually we're thrilled. I posted as a heads-up for those who might think they've gotten the lowest price- they should actually keep looking!

Oh ok, I agree always check prices because they change quite often!

Thats the procedure, the fact that a PVP didnt follow the procedure and just adjusted your price should be looked at as a gift.

Im sure they would rather have those booked under ES fill out the form so that the reps dont have to spend time on the phone dealing with it.

I would hope that all boked under ES are checking their rates daily until 2 days before the cruise.

you can book the early saver rate, being 40.00 more then turn around and request the price drop to resident or whatever same day...early saver doesn't claim to be the lowest, just means you GET the lowest rate up until two days before you sail.

just need to be smart about how you book it, i want the insurance that I can lower my rate at any time.

Will they honor price drops if the lower price is Past Guest, Resident, Senior or Military?

As long as you are eligible to receive it.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

...don't believe it when Carnival says that it is "guaranteed" to be the lowest rate. Three days ago, I was fooling around on Carnival's website and found the the resident rate was $40 lower per person in a balcony for my July 2009 sailing on Liberty.

Some of you guys may already be on the ball with this, but thought I'd share for others who are less-experienced like me!

The early saver program has many terms and restrictions. Here are the conditions explaining what a guaranteed fare means and what a lower fare means:P

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

This does not include resident rates, group rates, military rates, past guest rates....or any other prices not advertised to the general public as a whole....... In other words, it refers to regular advertised rates only.

You are right to keep looking for lower fares, however. Many times past guest or resident rates will be lower than advertised fares.

Thanks for the heads up. Where on Carnivals site do they list the resident rates?

On the splash page of Carnival's site, just go through the motions of booking a cruise. However, instead of clicking on "Find a Cruise" at the top of the page, scroll down to the box that says "Quick Search" and enter your month, departure port, destination and length. Before you click the search button however, click the yellow link that says "Special Rates" right below that. It should give you the option to enter your state of residence and whether anyone in your cabin is 55 or older. Then, when you click search, you should be able to find regular rates in addition to special rates for "seniors" and residents of your state (if available). Hope this works for you!

We booked 6 months early, but requested a specific cabin. 2 months later, I heard about a one day only price drop. I called and got back $560. Then yesterday I was checking my credit card statement online and found another $20 credit, don't know what it was for. I think I'll keep checking for lower rates until we leave in 2 weeks.

The same thing just happened to me. I booked this week and yesterday I noticed that the 3rd and 4th passenger rates went down $70. each. So I called my PVP and today she emailed me and told me to fill out the form. I did that and now I am just waiting to hear (hopefully sometime soon - day or two) and then I will feel good!! I will keep checking rates until my July cruise...I certainly hope it is as easy as I am lead to believe.:rolleyes:

OK now I'm confused because the posts from 13point1 and G'ma seem to contradict one another.

Because she didn't read what she was cut n pasted.She also added her interpretation at the end, that makes it appear its coming from Carnival

It says you have to be eligible. There wouldnt be an issue of eligibility, unless it was past guest, senior, military or residency.

We booked 6 months early, but requested a specific cabin. 2 months later, I heard about a one day only price drop. I called and got back $560. Then yesterday I was checking my credit card statement online and found another $20 credit, don't know what it was for. I think I'll keep checking for lower rates until we leave in 2 weeks.

:cool: The $20 credit on your credit card could have been the taxes:( About two weeks ago got a fuel credit on credit card followed by another credit for taxes paid:)

Part of the "deal" with the early saver is that when Caernival offers a better deal (no matter how many times) you have to note it and submit a "claim form". ken

Ken,

No disrespect, but you might or might not have to submit a claim form. If you have a good PVP you would know this already. If my price drops, my cruise amount will get adjusted with a phone call. I'm just sayin.

Part of the "deal" with the early saver is that when Caernival offers a better deal (no matter how many times) you have to note it and submit a "claim form". ken

That is correct. Me and a friend have 2 different PVP's ( both great) and our Aug cruise is on ES. We just had a $90 reduction, our PVP's had us fill out the form and that was it.

Archived