Guidebook to Ports of Call

I always read several guidebooks (from the library), search on line, and create a word document. That way I have all the information I want, but none of the information (like hotels) that I don't. Usually each port only ends up requiring a page or two, so it's very little to carry.

I always read several guidebooks (from the library), search on line, and create a word document. That way I have all the information I want, but none of the information (like hotels) that I don't. Usually each port only ends up requiring a page or two, so it's very little to carry.

I do the same and have a great time on the internet researching. However, the guide I quoted is really good in that it covers all of the Caribbean. I picked it up s/hand on Amazon for a couple of pounds and it has been invaluable. All those islands and you only have to pack one book. Of course, we back it up with information found on the internet which I insert in the book at the appropriate place:D

Kay Showker has a Carribean Ports of Call book that is for cruises that is very good. She updates it every year.

We usually do the research and then either make notes from the books or just copy the pages that are relevant to the cruise. We never carry the whole book along....more room and weight available for other things.

Archived