Pearl to Alaska: Aft-view AF vs. Side Balcony AB

iphotograph

My husband, myself and our toddler, along with his parents, are booked on the Pearl to Alaska for next year. It'll be our first time to Alaska.

Deck 11, aft-view, 2 adjoining AF Mini-suites.

Given a chance to upgrade to a Penthouse (AB), will you do it and leave an aft-view stateroom? HELP. :eek:

And for those of you who are aft-lovers, what would you trade your aft-view staterooms for?

We've traded aft minisuites twice for upsells to penthouse suites, and we'd do it again. The primary reason would be the extra perks you get for being in a suite. We have been royally, royally spoiled (priority embarcation and disembarkation, Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, the services of a concierge who can get you just about anything you want and fix any problem ;)). Ahhh.

You didn't mention whether the upsell was for just you and your child or for all 5 of you. If you're all going to try to squeeze into one AB, it's going to be tight. And the Grands, if they're sharing that little bitty bedroom . . . Let's just say I'd be much happier in my own AF.

I would not recommend it for a party of four adults and a toddler. The extra perks are awesome, but the second bedroom is so small that it would be a tight squeeze for all of you. If it is for a party of 3 then it would be fine, but the others in the AF would not be eligible to go to Cagney's with you for lunch or breakfast. Please check out the layout of the AB

With your group in one cabin I would probably want the AB, but to answer your question specifically.. We are aft lovers through and through and we MIGHT would give up the Aft for the AA or whatever the forward corner owners suite is on the Pearl and we would give it up for the Garden Villa (if they gave us one darn good price). Other than that.. I wouldn't give up the aft for anything.

Thank you for your replies.

When you book a suite, do you have to pay surcharge to eat breakfast/lunch at Cagney's?

We are pretty excited about the two adjoining AFT mini-suites that we booked. I know there's a possibility that the upsell fairy is gonna call and offer as a bigger room so we want to be prepared for that, just in case the price is right. :)

Full suite guests and above are welcome to use Cagneys and there is no surcharge for breakfast and lunch.

I am not sure that we would trade if given the chance to trade our aft suite. We have been discussing it because there is always a chance it will happen to us when we sail in December, but like Terry said in his post, I think it would have to be an amazing price!

Archived