Mr Sanchos

gog

I booked two months ago for my cruise in October. It would probably be fruitless to cancel with Carrie since she tells everyone "your check is in the mail". :rolleyes: I guess I better contact my credit card company and then look at alternative plans in Cozumel. We were really looking forward to this too. :(

Does anyone know the website to contact Mr Sancho's? I booked back in February with Carrie for in July and I would like to know if they are going to honor this or not. I only paid $40 but I would like to have something set up before we get there in July! I will not pay another $50 to use their beach or their bar, but I would rather know ahead of time to start planning something else!:mad:

Thank you. I emailed them and now it is a wait and see. I will let you know as soon as I hear something. I dont care about the $40, but I want to know now so that I can book at another place. I will not pay another $50 for Mr Sanchos. I dont even know if our ship will make it to Cozumel, but I want to have something planned that I will enjoy!

I'm not paying another $50 apiece to Mr. Sanchos either! Even if I "thought" I had a reservation and decided to go there...if he said he had no record of it, I'd be so mad that I'd just sit on the beach and order little to nothing! I guess I won't even be going there now. This makes me very reluctant to pay in advance for anything else.

we were booked for april 29th and ship did not go there as soon as we found out at on april 28th that our ship was not going there i contacted tourcozumel. they did not reply back until after we were home. saying i would get a refund in 10 days. it is now past the 10 days i contacted them again and the girl angelic(sorry spelled wrong can't think of her name off hand) but she is not working for tourcozumel at the moment due to no work. so contacted tour cozumel and have not heard back. so i started a dispute with paypal as they have a certain amount of time that you can dispute.

I posted in the thread before about our reservation not being honored once we arrived at Mr. Sanchos on April 14th and that we paid again. This is the update:

Carrie originally stated she would process the refund and we should receive it within 5 business days. We never received it and emailed Carrie towards the end of April to inquire. She stated she would check on it. I emailed her again around May 1st and she said she would check on it again and get back to me ASAP. She said they had been really busy with the swine flu cancellations. I emailed her back and told her that I understood they were busy and to just email be back when I could expect the refund after she checked on it. The last email that I received from Carrie was on May 2nd and it was just saying the same thing that we had been hearing, she was checking on it.

I understand that they were busy, however, our refund should have been processed prior to the swine flu cancellations anyway. I have emailed Carrie since May 2nd and she has refused to even respond. I have been very polite and nice in all of my emails to her. As long as she kept me updated then I did not have an issue with her. Now she is not answering the emails at all. I sent her an email last week and advised her that if I did not receive the refund by May 14th (today) that I would be filing a dispute with my credit card company, but that I was still hoping we could resolve this without going that route. She still never even responded.

I plan on sending all of the paperwork to the credit card company today to start the dispute.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but if going a month without your refund is breaking your bank so badly, maybe you shouldn't be going on vacation. *ducks for cover*

I just wanted to say that it is not breaking my bank to go a month without my refund, however my credit card requires that disputes be filed within 60 days of charging the item and the 60 days is almost up. I can definitely afford to go on vacation, but I do not feel that I should have to pay twice for an excursion. Mr. Sanchos was alright, but definitely not worth the $300 that we ended up paying between Carrie and paying again once we arrived. I work hard for my money and I could find other things, like my children or put towards another vacation, to spend the money on. I am not going to let some tour booking agent that I do not even know to keep my money.

I was one of the ones who arrived to Mr. Sanchos to find that Carrie and her company had not paid Mr. Sanchos for my tour.

I'd like to remind everyone that Mr. Sanchos' is not to blame. By the way, I have NOTHING to do with Mr. Sanchos other than I was a traveler to Cozumel on a cruise ship like many people here, and got "taken" by TourCozumel. My group of six had to fork over another $240 when we got there because of Carrie and her "wonderful" business practices.

TourCozumel had at one point been a reputable firm. When they began to "slow pay" (and eventually "no pay") the folks at Mr. Sanchos called and requested that they cease taking payment for their resort, effective, immediately. Athough Carrie had been very mannerly and efficient, she and Angelic (sp?) continued (and still continue from what I understand) to accept payments for Mr. Sanchos from unknowing travelers, knowing full well that her company was no longer paying the bills. I have a big probem with this.

We went to Mr. Sanchos and had a wonderful time. The food was better than average-delicious, actually. The beach was clean and the drinks were wonderful. The chairs, towels and facilities were all in great shape and the service was great. If any of you have the opportunity to go, remember; they are losing money, too, from these unscrupulous business operators. They are hard working, wonderful people who are trying to make money in a business that has and still is suffering.

It's such a shame to see and hear of people saying that they will just "go somewhere else" and "not eat or drink anything."

My suggestion is to pay again and enjoy your day, then take it up with your credit card company. I received my refund to my credit card last week and sent in the follow-up paperwork and all is well. Hopefully with all the activity, paypal will shut them down.

Good luck to all of you trying to get your refunds.

I was one of the ones who arrived to Mr. Sanchos to find that Carrie and her company had not paid Mr. Sanchos for my tour.

I'd like to remind everyone that Mr. Sanchos' is not to blame. By the way, I have NOTHING to do with Mr. Sanchos other than I was a traveler to Cozumel on a cruise ship like many people here, and got "taken" by TourCozumel. My group of six had to fork over another $240 when we got there because of Carrie and her "wonderful" business practices.

TourCozumel had at one point been a reputable firm. When they began to "slow pay" (and eventually "no pay") the folks at Mr. Sanchos called and requested that they cease taking payment for their resort, effective, immediately. Athough Carrie had been very mannerly and efficient, she and Angelic (sp?) continued (and still continue from what I understand) to accept payments for Mr. Sanchos from unknowing travelers, knowing full well that her company was no longer paying the bills. I have a big probem with this.

We went to Mr. Sanchos and had a wonderful time. The food was better than average-delicious, actually. The beach was clean and the drinks were wonderful. The chairs, towels and facilities were all in great shape and the service was great. If any of you have the opportunity to go, remember; they are losing money, too, from these unscrupulous business operators. They are hard working, wonderful people who are trying to make money in a business that has and still is suffering.

It's such a shame to see and hear of people saying that they will just "go somewhere else" and "not eat or drink anything."

My suggestion is to pay again and enjoy your day, then take it up with your credit card company. I received my refund to my credit card last week and sent in the follow-up paperwork and all is well. Hopefully with all the activity, paypal will shut them down.

Good luck to all of you trying to get your refunds.

I got the bad end of the stick too, and it just plain stinks. No it won't bankrupt me but like others, we work hard for our money and don't want to give it away to a vendor who is not honest. I would rather throw it out the window first. A word of advice to all, I have started a credit card dispute and advise you to do so as well if you are wanting a refund. You have 60 days to dispute in WRITING. Paypal will NOT give you a refund because it is services, not goods. You can open a dispute on paypal just to show your credit card company that you have tried in good faith to solve it, but be aware you probably won't get refunded from paypal. I printed off all of my emails from Carrie stating she was checking into my refundand that I should receive it in a few days, etc and I sent them to the credit card company as documentation. I know she may be a small business owner but so are a lot of people. I agree that it is poor management. She should have had our money in an account and be able to refund if need be. If her cash flow is that low, that she has refused refunds to everyone, then she needs to be upfront about it or get a loan. Upon researching her company, I see that her domain name is thru a proxy. There is no business owner or phone number listed, no contact etc. If you click on the link at the bottom of the front page of her website, it takes you to her webmaster, who is based in Florida. Oliver from Mr. Sanchos has given her and her husbands name out, it is easy to do a search and figure out who these people are and where they reside. I will not give out those details, but I am checking out who to contact to see if she even has a business license. I tried to be nice to Carrie, tried to be understanding, and not once did I send a hateful or threatening email. However, she replied back even cursing at me ...listen here you little $*#@. I am done with it and am fighting for the principle. If you want to book with her, go for it, if you want to defend her, be my guest. But don't say you weren't warned when you lose your hard earned money.

With everything up in the air for Cozumel right now, I'm not sure why anybody would book in advance. When [and if] you get to Cozumel you can hop in a taxi and go right to Mr. Sanchos, get a beachfront lounger, eat and drink all you want. I can't remember if they offered us an all-inclusive deal- we just ran a tab and it was reasonable. There was no charge to get in. There are plenty of beaches up an down the coast to choose from with similar amenties, it's very easy to do on your own and not pay up front.

Maybe we were there on a slower than average day, but we had no problem getting a beach chair and service.

I am out almost $200 for services we will not be able to use in late May. Carrie was also very assertive/aggressive to my formal request for a refund.

I have to admit I would have been very offended by chell-y-bell's response. I think the premise that because we are blessed enough to be able to travel, we should overlook fraud and unethical business practices is ridiculous.

It appears that I will have to work with Mastercard regarding this. Has everyone waited until after the port was missed before proceeding with the credit card dispute?

Has everyone waited until after the port was missed before proceeding with the credit card dispute?

Our payment is one my father's card but we are planning on disputing now and not waiting any longer (our scheduled day was May 29th)- we are already at almost 90 days after booking so we are just hoping the card will work with us.

I'm going the week before you and immediately notified Carrie when we knew the port was changed. I sure wish they would change it back - but I don't really believe that will now happen.

This is the only time on many cruises that I have had a problem with a private excursion. Unless all posts on a tour company are positive, I won't be taking a chance in the future.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. My point was if it's a few isolated incidents, let's not get into a mob mentality and lambast Carrie and her business. She had been a little late, and I was just asking people to show some good will and be patient. For those who were coming up to their dispute deadline, I can see why you were in panic mode. Understandable.

I don't think I EVER said that anyone shouldn't worry about not getting a refund because we can all afford to vacation. I said you shouldn't worry about the DELAY. Again, deadlines are a different story. We all work hard for our money and we all deserve the service we paid for or a refund if we're denied that service.

This is starting to turn into a situation where I can no longer give Carrie the benefit of the doubt. Especially if she's no longer responding to people's emails. I'm going to contact Oliver. If what a previous poster said is true and he's no longer honoring tourcozumel reservations, I'll try to get a refund. I will admit though...even if I can't get my refund from Carrie, I'm still going to Mr. Sanchos. They did nothing wrong in this situation that I can tell. It's my own fault for trying to save a buck and not going directly through them.

Anyway, I hope everyone's situation gets resolved to their satisfaction.

Royal Caribbean has officially added Cozumel back for all sailings starting May 24th- which is great cuz that is when I leave!

I emailed both Carrie and Mr. Sanchos (Oliver?) to see about our reservation being honored. Hopefully it all works out... if not I am sure we will shop, spend some time on the beach, etc... it just sucks to be out of that money for the family. We budget very tightly (first family vacation in 5 years!) so there isn't a lot of wiggle room for more excursions.

Royal Caribbean has officially added Cozumel back for all sailings starting May 24th- which is great cuz that is when I leave!

I emailed both Carrie and Mr. Sanchos (Oliver?) to see about our reservation being honored. Hopefully it all works out... if not I am sure we will shop, spend some time on the beach, etc... it just sucks to be out of that money for the family. We budget very tightly (first family vacation in 5 years!) so there isn't a lot of wiggle room for more excursions.

Just wanted to say that you are so lucky to get to be going to Coz! We are leaving on Carnival Valor May 31st but they are still taking us to Key West as a replacement. The day we were actually supposed to be in Cozumel will be a sea day instead. I guess we can wave at Cozumel as we cruise by!

Have you heard if your reservation will be honored or not? I hope it all works out for you.

Have you heard if your reservation will be honored or not? I hope it all works out for you.

No word yet- hopefully it will... I emailed both Carrie and Oliver (just tonight though)... I am highly doubting it will be honored but I figure we will just hang at the beach and try to keep cost to a minimum (no alcohol). Will have to discuss it with the family since it isn't my money but the parents- hooray for graduation gifts!

No word yet- hopefully it will... I emailed both Carrie and Oliver (just tonight though)... I am highly doubting it will be honored but I figure we will just hang at the beach and try to keep cost to a minimum (no alcohol). Will have to discuss it with the family since it isn't my money but the parents- hooray for graduation gifts!

Well I hope it works out for you, please keep us updated!

Also, I have a question for you? Did RCCL re-route you guys (on paper) and then change it back? Or was your cruise never officially changed to a new itinerary?

Most people are saying Carnival isn't going to change back until mid-June due to having changed the sailings and not wanting to switch them back. I just wonder how RCCL handled it?

Well I hope it works out for you, please keep us updated!

Also, I have a question for you? Did RCCL re-route you guys (on paper) and then change it back? Or was your cruise never officially changed to a new itinerary?

Most people are saying Carnival isn't going to change back until mid-June due to having changed the sailings and not wanting to switch them back. I just wonder how RCCL handled it?

RCCL had re-routed us but I am on Freedom which was just given an extra sea day. But when they announced the change today all ships sailing on May 24th and later will return to the original schedule.

I prepaid for a package to Mr. Sancho's thru Tour Cozumel. Our cruise was canceled by Carnival so I rescheduled. Then I started reading about all the problems. I contacted Oliver at Mr. Sancho's directly asking if he's honor the reservation I had thru Tour Cozumel and here was the email he sent me today:

Dear friends,

These two companies are the ones we recommend you buy from all our tours and activities:

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/ and http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/

I get constantly e-mails regarding Tourcozumel@net from Carrie and Ken Fanton telephone 1-904-314-1077 e-mail: kfanton@msn.com this company is very bad when it comes to paying us but real good collecting you money and giving long excuses about returning your money soon.

This couple have been my worst nightmare for collecting our money, trust me when i say i feel bad to tell you this.

I hope my information can help you, if you decide to do a tour or All inclusive package you can also purchase it on site if you wish to do so.

Regards

Oliver

Archived