Mr Sanchos

gog

Nachi sounds really nice, but do you have to prepay there?? I'd hate to get into what most posters here have with Mr. Sanchos if the ship doesn't make it into Cozumel.

The problem that a lot of us have had with Mr Sanchos was not with Mr Sanchos directly, but with the Tour Cozumel company.

Thanks PH8 and LHP(we are neighbors, I'm in Bartlett!).

We have been to Paradise Beach and don't use the "toys", and San Francisco Beach, next door to PB. We've also been to Passion Island. I thought we'd like to try something new this time.

Nachi sounds really nice, but do you have to prepay there?? I'd hate to get into what most posters here have with Mr. Sanchos if the ship doesn't make it into Cozumel.

You pay a 10% deposit with Island Marketing.........never had any problem with them... http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

So...Has anyone emailed Carrie and told her that she is practicing BAD business by not returning emails to those of us waiting for refunds?? I wonder if she knows about all the bad rep she is getting on these boards? You would think if she did she would try to make things better and maybe answer some emails at least.

So...Has anyone emailed Carrie and told her that she is practicing BAD business by not returning emails to those of us waiting for refunds?? I wonder if she knows about all the bad rep she is getting on these boards? You would think if she did she would try to make things better and maybe answer some emails at least.

I have. Repeatedly. I'm tired of being nice. I want my freaking $200 back!

I have. Repeatedly. I'm tired of being nice. I want my freaking $200 back!

I HEAR THAT!!!

I think I'll see about reporting her to the Better Business Buraeu. I filed a complaint on her to the Internet Crime Complaint Center...don't know if it will do any good. Paypal won't refund our money and we used a debit card and the bank is saying it's our fault since we didn't show up to receive our services. What a crock!!! It's not our fault we didn't show up. Hello!!! The entire country was on lockdown!!

I HEAR THAT!!!

I think I'll see about reporting her to the Better Business Buraeu. I filed a complaint on her to the Internet Crime Complaint Center...don't know if it will do any good. Paypal won't refund our money and we used a debit card and the bank is saying it's our fault since we didn't show up to receive our services. What a crock!!! It's not our fault we didn't show up. Hello!!! The entire country was on lockdown!!

My husband had trouble with someone who advertised on the internet and we lost over $2000:eek:(NOTHING to do with this mess).....we filed with the IC3 ......besides BBB,you can also file a report on here....... http://www.ripoffreport.com/

I really feel so bad for all of you.........I wish you the best in getting some sort of resolution............

Thanks for the site. So, then you pay cash when you arrive at Nachi Cocum for the other 90%??

Thats how I paid.......Im pretty sure its the only way to pay..........which is just as well............no worry about exchange rates or fees on a credit card..

I just emailed tour cozumel and Ken Fanton. I informed them that I have reported their company to the better business bureau, the internet crime complaint center and the ripoff report. I also reminded them of the bad information that is being passed around on cruise critic regarding their company. I'm sure I can kiss any kind of refund goodbye now but they should know that they are not practicing goog business.

Here is the email I sent....

Dear Tour Cozumel, Carrie and Ken Fanton,

I had the all inclusive beach day at Mr Sancho's booked for 6 adults on May 1st 2009. Due to the swine flu our cruise ship did not stop at this port. When we returned home I emailed your company to request a refund. I was told by Carrie to send you our address and she would issue the refund, which I did. We never received that refund. I have since attempted to email your company several other times and I get no response. I feel that this is very unprofessional behavior and I also feel that your company has been given plenty of opportunities to issue me a refund or at least respond to the email and let me know what is going on. Since neither of those things have happened I have reported your company to the better business bureau. I have also filed reports with the Internet Crime Complaint Center and the Ripoff report center. I'm sure you are also aware that your company is receiving very bad reviews on cruise critic. I myself will never book with your company again.

Thank You,

Sara P

I'm going to report Tour Cozumel also. Oliver always answers, so I don't really believe the problem is with him and Mr. Sancho's but unfortunately, it makes me wonder......which is a real shame if he's being ripped off like the rest of us.

I HEAR THAT!!!

Where is TourCozumel located? Are they in the states or in Mexico? I did a search for the company on BBB and couldn't find them. Did you do something different?

I have used ripoffreport before for another company, had completely forgotten about them. Going there to make a report now!

Thanks PH8 and LHP(we are neighbors, I'm in Bartlett!).

We have been to Paradise Beach and don't use the "toys", and San Francisco Beach, next door to PB. We've also been to Passion Island. I thought we'd like to try something new this time.

Hey Neighbor...we are in Collierville.

Yes, as I understand it, Nachi does require a booking. It is $49.00 a person for all the alcohol and one 3 course meal. Snorkeling etc is extra.

I would just double check with the booking site to make sure it is clear what happens if the ship does not dock OR what happens if it is storming the day we port.

Just ask all the questions up front....before booking. I do know the company that handles Nachi's bookings has been around for awhile ...so they should be safe.

So apparently some people HAVE been able to get refunds. Check out the link below. Has anyone here had any luck?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19859727&posted=1#post19859727

I was one of the posters on the thread you linked to who did receive a refund. My oh my, lots has happened since then! We don't have a cruise booked, so I haven't visited this site in a couple months. At the time I had reserved the Twister boat/Passion Island tour. I read several reports that the Twister operators and PI were not honoring Carrie's tours. It may have had something to do with the cruiselines, but I did suspect a pyramid type scam. I have no proof of anything like that so I never posted it. I also discovered the Ken Fanton/kenf333 connection when I tried to get my refund through paypal and the funds were insufficient. Again, I didn't reveal what I'd learned here on CC because I was trying to get a refund and Carrie seemed quite reactionary. Ken, and I suspect Carrie, under various names have been posting here for a long time cheerleading TC.

I did receive a refund directly to my credit card from TC. This was before the company got in over their heads. My refund may have been paid with your money for all I know. It seems to me that two different operators don't want anything to do with TC, and I'd take my lead from them. While I was working on receiving my refund I felt it was vital to keep things positive with Carrie because she responded well to that. She continued to suggest changing my tour, and I kept requesting a refund. It took about a month. We ended up going to Paradise Beach because I didn't want to go anywhere that may be associated with TC. We had a great day there with fabulous service and very good food. The only down side was it was too windy for them to put the umbrellas up, so we had to go to the bar for any shade. It was eventually just too hot, so we left.

I am sorry so many of you are having to deal with this. I do remember how stressful it was. I hope you can get refunds through your credit cards since it appears TC is not responding to anyone. I do like to give local tour operators business, but this did make me reluctant for the future. I don't think the way my resolution happened can help any of you because it was before the whole thing crumbled. Carrie has some cheerleaders on this board, and they want to believe the best, but the evidence is pointing in a different direction. If I was in your shoes I'd be trying for a refund through my credit card. As we've seen, that doesn't always pan out, but it seems like the only real option at this point. The complaints being lodged are also a good idea. I tried to make a complaint against them with PROFECO (I could be wrong on that spelling) the Mexican consumer complaint division, but I would have had to actually show up and not received my service to have a valid complaint. Best of luck to all of you. Let us know what happens.

Does anyone have the website again for Carrie? it looks like they blacked it out. Please help! :eek:

It is tourcozumel dot net. It is still operational, not that Carrie will respond to you.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah they respond very quickly when you are first booking with them. The first time I emailed Carrie it was about 10pm and she responded within 10 mins. I thought they were great.....until they got my money. Now they won't answer anything.:(

This is all just speculation, but I would suspect that tourcozumel isn't exactly a high-margin business. A year-long recession probably had them barely surviving. A month of zero-revenue during the swine flu scare could easily have been a nail in the coffin. Ironically, your best chance of getting a refund is if new cruisers book with them, so that they once again have a positive cash flow.

I know that this is little consolation to all of you who have lost money, but perhaps psychologically it's helpful to realize that it's not that she is refusing to refund your money, but that she's unable to do so.

Again, I don't know any of this as a fact, it just seems likely.

I just wanted to give a quick update. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and I checked today and they have refunded the money back to the credit card. I am happy. When we arrived Oliver agreed to charge us what we had paid to Carrie, but with the extra fees for conversion rate and Mr. Sanchos charged like 10% extra for paying with a credit card so it ended up being a little more. The credit card company actually refunded us what we paid at Mr. Sanchos so we got the extra money back.

This is all just speculation, but I would suspect that tourcozumel isn't exactly a high-margin business. A year-long recession probably had them barely surviving. A month of zero-revenue during the swine flu scare could easily have been a nail in the coffin. Ironically, your best chance of getting a refund is if new cruisers book with them, so that they once again have a positive cash flow.

I know that this is little consolation to all of you who have lost money, but perhaps psychologically it's helpful to realize that it's not that she is refusing to refund your money, but that she's unable to do so.

Again, I don't know any of this as a fact, it just seems likely.

Your speculation makes perfect sense until you factor in the fact that this all started before the swine flu thing hit. I think it is very clear at this point that she just quit paying Mr. Sanchos for whatever reason and continued to take people's money for the Mr. Sanchos excursion.

Cash flow should not be a problem for a booking agent.....her overhead should be very, very small. All you have to do is put the money you owe tour operators in one account (until it is due to them) and pocket the difference. The problems arise when you start spending money that should be going to the tour operators on other things........

Seems like she is a crook to me.

My problem with Carrie started back in January when I booked Passion Island trip. She would never send me confirmation or any info as promised. So I decided to cancel as my trip was within days. She promised to return the money within 10 business days... nothing. I was able to dispute it with my credit card, and got the money back.

I did open a dispute with Paypal, but as others have noted, nothing would be done about it. Although they said that if enough people complain, they will open an investigation.

Sounds like the problems have started a long time before swine flu...

Well I've filed with PayPal (no luck) ... the Internet Complaint place ... and anywhere else I can find. Unfortunately, I'm in the US and Carrie is not. I've emailed Oliver ... no answer ... I've emailed Carrie ... no answer. I give up. I hope she enjoys the money because I plan to post everywhere I can for people to NOT use her. I think we'll go to Nachi and write this off to Lessons Learned.

I've also emailed Oliver to see if he's heard anything from these people and I've received no answer from him as well.

I did place a "phony" email to the TC site wanting "information" about the Sanchos beach break just to see if they are responding to new potential victims. We'll see.

Archived