Mr Sanchos

gog

I prepaid for a package to Mr. Sancho's thru Tour Cozumel. Our cruise was canceled by Carnival so I rescheduled. Then I started reading about all the problems. I contacted Oliver at Mr. Sancho's directly asking if he's honor the reservation I had thru Tour Cozumel and here was the email he sent me today:

Dear friends,

These two companies are the ones we recommend you buy from all our tours and activities:

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/ and http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/

I get constantly e-mails regarding Tourcozumel@net from Carrie and Ken Fanton telephone 1-904-314-1077 e-mail: kfanton@msn.com this company is very bad when it comes to paying us but real good collecting you money and giving long excuses about returning your money soon.

This couple have been my worst nightmare for collecting our money, trust me when i say i feel bad to tell you this.

I hope my information can help you, if you decide to do a tour or All inclusive package you can also purchase it on site if you wish to do so.

Regards

Oliver

I just got the same email! I asked him if I had the reservation at Mr Sancho's for July 2.

Looks like I will be going else where!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

After several emails have gone unanswered from Carrie, I've begun the disputing process with my credit card - TourCozumel was smart to go through PayPal because of the service-refund clauses. I'm very disappointed in what I thought was going to be a fun, easy excursion has turned into a fiasco.:mad:

I agree! I have not received responses from my last 3 emails. We have also started the dispute. I was hoping I could add this to my list of private companies to use. Next time I'll just take a taxi to Mr Sanchos and pay at the door.

Looks like Carrie is getting a pretty bad rep and I know I won't use her again.

FYI EVERYONE: I spoke with Pay Pal, who said I needed to speak with my cc company, which I did. They tell me that since we didn't show up for our day at the beach (our cruise was canceled) that it was not Tour Cozumel's fault and that I cannot receive a refund because services would have been rendered had I been there. I doubt that services would have been rendered, because Oliver from Mr. Sancho's says he does not get paid from Tour Cozumel, but that is the stand the credit card company is taking.

FYI EVERYONE: I spoke with Pay Pal, who said I needed to speak with my cc company, which I did. They tell me that since we didn't show up for our day at the beach (our cruise was canceled) that it was not Tour Cozumel's fault and that I cannot receive a refund because services would have been rendered had I been there. I doubt that services would have been rendered, because Oliver from Mr. Sancho's says he does not get paid from Tour Cozumel, but that is the stand the credit card company is taking.

That is terrible that you can't get your money back. So Carrie wins again. Did you mention the no port/no pay rule? I would try again with the credit card co. and send in any documentation you may have, for example: saying you can get a refund if ship doesn't make port, show how you got the run around from her, etc. Good luck and I wouldn't let it rest. BTW Oliver sent me that same email that others got, so I emailed him back and asked if he would be honoring any future reservations. He said NO, that Tour Cozumel already owed them money and that he was sorry.

I just wrote to Oliver to check on my reservation for Oct. He responded within an hour.

Surprise surprise :rolleyes: he never received my reservation or any money from Carrie.

Now I have to hope it's not too late to dispute with my credit card. :mad:

After sending him a couple emails he finally told me "No" but I could purchase one with another company! Here is my turn to say NO! I will take my business else where!:mad:

Hi everyone,

We will be on a cruise with royal caribbean in september, and cozumel is on our list of stops. we are anxious to go to mr sanchos, but after reading all the pages of this thread i'm really hesitant to book in advance. id rather pay a little extra at the door and have no worries.

my only question is: will we be guaranteed to be able to purchase all inclusive when we get there, or does the beach ever fill up? i haven't heard anything about a capacity but i'm curious whether they can turn us away at the door.

thanks!

I wish I had never signed up for this; we're mad and disappointed. Not going to Nachi Cochum either. We're not big drinkers and wouldn't have even gotten $40 worth, let alone $49. We'll find something cheaper to do.

I'm not a drinker, but it was worth it to me to pay $ 49 just to be at Nachi Cocom. I think it is so much prettier than Mr. Sanchos and much less crowded. The food is fantastic, too. If I don't go to Passion Island in November, I will probably return to Nachi.

My credit card company reversed my charges for Tour Cozumel already. They called me and I told them the problems, and they said that it was a definite concern and gave me my money back. :) I've already booked my completely refundable deposit with Nachi.

Just like that? Good for you! :)

I explained the situation on the phone to my credit card co. The lady then said they would mail me a form in a week and I was to write down the same information I just told her and mail it back, and it would take up to 30 days for them to make a decision.

Well, when you factor in $30 for taxi and back and forth and say $12 for a tip, you're up to $140 for two people. That's high for us for a beach day.
I agree with you. I already paid $40.00 that they say they did not get, plus $30.00 plus for taxi, another $50.00 at the door. I would love to go to Mr Sancho's, but $120.00 for one person is steep in my book! It makes me wonder if they did get paid, but they say they did not because it is more at the door! I should just go back to paradise beach!

I've also tried to contact Carrie. I'm not going until September but I'd like to know so we can find somewhere else to go. If Oliver is a good business person, he probably should think about honoring the confirmations and dealing with Carrie on his own. It really seems that all of us are getting a bad taste about Mr. Sanchos.

Just like that? Good for you! :)

I explained the situation on the phone to my credit card co. The lady then said they would mail me a form in a week and I was to write down the same information I just told her and mail it back, and it would take up to 30 days for them to make a decision.

Yes, I was shocked how easily they made the decision. When I checked this morning, the credit was already posted. Maybe my vacation will be hassle-free after all. (at least as much as it can be.)

so what is the best way to make reservations at Mr. Sanchos? is cozumeltours dot com different the tourcozumel dot ?

It really looks like a great place but I don't want to reserve ahead and then not have the credit for it.

I've also tried to contact Carrie. I'm not going until September but I'd like to know so we can find somewhere else to go. If Oliver is a good business person, he probably should think about honoring the confirmations and dealing with Carrie on his own. It really seems that all of us are getting a bad taste about Mr. Sanchos.

Oliver told me in an email that as much as he wanted to honor the reservations, that they were still owed lots of money. Also that since the swine flu thing, that they didn't have money to even support their families right now. So why would I expect him to honor the reservation when he wasn't the one who duped me? It is not his fault. If someone sold an item of yours for you, but kept the money for themselves, would you still hand the item to the buyer? I wouldn't.

so what is the best way to make reservations at Mr. Sanchos? is cozumeltours dot com different the tourcozumel dot ?

It really looks like a great place but I don't want to reserve ahead and then not have the credit for it.

Yes, two totally different businesses. Tour cozumel dot net is the one who took people's money and didn't refund it. Bad, bad, bad. Yes I am angry about it :mad:

Oliver told me in an email that as much as he wanted to honor the reservations, that they were still owed lots of money. Also that since the swine flu thing, that they didn't have money to even support their families right now. So why would I expect him to honor the reservation when he wasn't the one who duped me? It is not his fault. If someone sold an item of yours for you, but kept the money for themselves, would you still hand the item to the buyer? I wouldn't.

I agree with you to an extent. They do, however, have an arrangement (they at least have meetings). Until this started, they were working together. It just seems like it would be better PR. Those of us that have been "duped" are from the US and really can't do much but suck it up.

I agree with you to an extent. They do, however, have an arrangement (they at least have meetings). Until this started, they were working together. It just seems like it would be better PR. Those of us that have been "duped" are from the US and really can't do much but suck it up.

I am wondering if Carrie kept selling the tours all the while knowing she and Mr. Sanchos were no longer in business. It seems like she took a lot of us to the cleaners.

I really don't blame Oliver, its probably cheaper to lose a few customers over bad PR than it is to honor all the reservations they know they wouldn't get paid for. I would be curious to know just how many tours Carrie has sold that she gets to keep the money for?

I guess what I am saying is that my dispute is with Carrie and not Oliver. He has been taken for a ride as well, according to him; and I don't doubt what he is saying.

Archived