Laundry Service Charges

woody73

After being crammed in a suitcase, my tuxedo will need pressing once we get onboard. Does HAL's laundry service offer "press only"? Are the "press only" prices half of the clean and press prices?

Does HAL offer reduced price laundry or dry cleaning for guests on longer or back-to-back cruises? Thanks.

Woody

Yes -- HAL had Pressing Only.

Keep in mind that you need to allow 24 - 36 hours for clothes to be returned.

And your first formal night will be your first sea day -- right after you get on the ship.

Have heard of people having trouble getting something pressed for the first formal evening -- and others have been very lucky.

Yes -- HAL will have a deal for clothes by the bag -- price on our last cruise in Feb was $20 for as much as you can cram into a bag to washed and ironed.

There is also the "Unlimited Laundry" -- on our 10 day cruise it was $70 -- send out as much as you want to be washed and ironed.

The amounts vary by length of cruise.

After being crammed in a suitcase, my tuxedo will need pressing once we get onboard. Does HAL's laundry service offer "press only"? Are the "press only" prices half of the clean and press prices?

Does HAL offer reduced price laundry or dry cleaning for guests on longer or back-to-back cruises? Thanks.

Woody

HAL offers unlimited laundry, and unlimited dry cleaning, and unlimited pressing. Each has their own price. Or, you can pay $12/bag for laundry.

The cost of the unlimited laundry, dry cleaning etc. stuff is based on the length of your cruise.

This varies. This past Jan/Feb it was $20/bag on the Noordam - a 75% increase.

:confused: This past Dec/Jan it was still only $12, has HAL put up the prices? Or is it just different ships,if so,is this fair? should they not all charge the same?:confused:

When I have brought a tux on cruises, I just hang it in the bathroom and run the shower very hot for about 5 minutes with the door closed and the wrinkles disappear. It travels very well. You might want to try this first.

Gary

We pack all our special outfits in plastic bags from the cleaners....they arrive without wrinkles at all....it works great for tux and sportcoats as well as dress pants etc....it never ceases to amaze us how well it works....we buy the bags at the local drycleaners....they come in two lengths and then we reuse them several times....you might try this....

Deb

noordam mediterranean aug 09....can't wait

I had great luck in Feb. having pressing done on the Eurodam. I sent a couple of items right after embarkation, one of which I needed back for formal night the next evening. They arrived the next afternoon and I was not even charged the rush order fee. As I recall, the price was a little less than the dry

cleaning fee, but was very reasonable.

Just a heads up that HAL's laundry bags are about half the size of what most of us think of when we think laundry bag. We generally find it a much better deal to go with the unlimited laundry option (at least on those ships that don't have an onboard laundry) It was $45 for unlimited on our recent 7 day Westerdam trip. It says on the unlimited option that you should allow 2 days for your clothes to be returned, but our experience was that if you had them picked up by 9 am then you would have them back sometime the next day.

When you first call for laundry bags I'd ask for two, as again, they are fairly small.

Just a heads up that HAL's laundry bags are about half the size of what most of us think of when we think laundry bag. We generally find it a much better deal to go with the unlimited laundry option (at least on those ships that don't have an onboard laundry) It was $45 for unlimited on our recent 7 day Westerdam trip. It says on the unlimited option that you should allow 2 days for your clothes to be returned, but our experience was that if you had them picked up by 9 am then you would have them back sometime the next day.

When you first call for laundry bags I'd ask for two, as again, they are fairly small.

Also, you are able to place more items in the small cloth laundry bag if you roll each item and pack them tightly.

Good question. I found a website a couple of years ago and trying this method of folding a suit was perfect. Hung the suit up on arrival and never had a problem. I know the site seems long, however, it is easier than having to search YOUR way through it

ehow.com/how_2252747_pack-suit-suitcase.html

It was 20.00 on the Zaandam 2 weeks ago. We were amazed at how much we should cram into those little bags. We are not little tiny people and we got in absolutely tons of stuff. It was kind of like a magic trick how we could shove in just one more thing. We kept looking for something else that may be dirty to just see if we could get "just one more thing in". When our stuff came back we had this little basket with things folded between tissue paper and a bunch of things on hangers. We thought it was the deal of this ship.

HI,

Has anyone ever done a longer cruise, 18 days to be exact, and have any idea what the unlimited laundry option would cost?

I'm guessing if a one week cruise costs $70 then an 18 day cruise would be $150-160.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

By the way I called HAL and they said it varied ship to ship and to check when I boarded the ship which wasn't a very good answer IMHO. I want to decide how much to pack and waiting until I am abroad the ship to find out how much just isn't an option.

Have a great next cruise.

It was $120 for our 20 day cruise this past summer. Now by-the-bag was $12 then, so I don't know if unlimited has also changed. We went with the bag pricing as every 3 days was fine for us. We woud have needed to send out laundry 10 times to break even.

HI,

Has anyone ever done a longer cruise, 18 days to be exact, and have any idea what the unlimited laundry option would cost?

I'm guessing if a one week cruise costs $70 then an 18 day cruise would be $150-160.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

By the way I called HAL and they said it varied ship to ship and to check when I boarded the ship which wasn't a very good answer IMHO. I want to decide how much to pack and waiting until I am abroad the ship to find out how much just isn't an option.

Have a great next cruise.

We were on the 65 day Grand Asia/Australia cruise in September/October/November of last year. Laundramats were available on the ship.

They charged $12/bag or (pre-ordered before boarding) we paid $175 for unlimited laundry for both of us in the cabin. We also found that we sent out laundry every 3 days. What I found convenient was that we would send 2 bags each time (one for folded stuff like Tshirts and underwear) and one for hanging stuff like button down shirts). It worked out very well. I will NEVER go back to the laundry room again (took too much of my valuable time and I didn't want to be hassled by "nutcakes" in the laundry room).;)

Archived