How far in advance?

Michael Kays

Don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to say hi! :D

Hi Chris!!

Wow long time since we have chatted..how have you been doing? I am sure by nowe you have tons of cruises under your belt..if I remember correctly the cruise we were on together was your first cruise??

We wer eon the Island Princess first week of October, we must have just missed you.

We have been doing maybe 2-3 a year..I am retiring this May..so maybe we can step that up a notch or two.

I am trying to get a couple of cruises for next year on Princess..finally talked Sheryl into an Alaskan cruise, I see you have gone this summer..how was it??..We are thinking maybe in May 2010, and then we want to do something in November before Thanksgiving.

We have been talking to Emmy and Rick but haven;t been able to hook up yet on a cruise..we went to Mexico a few years ago with them..

stay in touch..

Hi Michael!

Yes, I''ve been busy - 14 cruises since I met you on the Sapphire in 05.

My three Alaska cruises have been great. I'm doing a 4th in May with an eight day land tour - Princess had a great sale. :cool:

Retirement will be great in so many ways - it's meant 30 pounds less for me since 05 :D :D :D

Hi Michael!

Yes, I''ve been busy - 14 cruises since I met you on the Sapphire in 05.

My three Alaska cruises have been great. I'm doing a 4th in May with an eight day land tour - Princess had a great sale. :cool:

Retirement will be great in so many ways - it's meant 30 pounds less for me since 05 :D :D :D

wow 14 cruises and 30 pounds..I can hardly wait!!! hey you will be getting your Elite Status on the 15th cruise..the onfamous black card holder.I'm not worthy lol

We are going to book an Alaskan cruise for May or June 2010 as soon as Princess opens up the dates..

We want to drive up from Folsom to Seattle and cruise from either there or Vancouver..

Hello Michael - we were with you on the Med cruise in 2006. I would love to hear more about your Island Princess cruise, as we are leaving Tues for the 10 day Panama Canal cruise on her. Princess has not released either it's Europe or Alaska cruises yet, but it should be any day. Europe will come first. Barbara

Hi Barbara, good to hear from you!! didn't we do Med is 2007?

Anyway Island Princess to Panama was a blast, ship a bit older but well taken care of, kinda disappointed no true aft balconies..but we did manage to get a covered Emerald aft E727 I beleive. Most decks have an aft section with chairs and lounges for viewing, except Emerald which was smaller and had no chairs at all..

weather was rainy most of the time.

Food was excellant..service as usual Princess pride. shows were very available, not crowded..we had late seating.

Next time we will do Gulf to Pacific for a shorter return flight from Los angeles to Folsom though.

Which Alaska cruise did you do on Sapphire? We ar elooking at Seattle r/t..airfare is half the price of Whittier/Vancouver..I understand ship doesn't go up as far into the passage.

Viewing the Princess web site the furthest out date you can reserve a cruise is May 2010. Does anyone know when they will update to allow reserving dates through 2010?
Generally, Princess starts releasing itineraries in late April or early May. They're not all released at the same time; sometimes a few weeks apart. Last year, they were released earlier but that doesn't mean they'll be released earlier this year. In the past, the Cruise Consultants onboard ships have gotten faxed copies of itineraries around the last week in April and the first week of May. That's about as close as anyone can guess right now.

Archived