Hilton Airport Hotel Ccoenhagen

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel?

Is the noise very bad? I don't want to stay there if it will keep us awake.

charles

I have stayed there four times - twice pre-cruise and twice post-cruise. I chose it because I travel for business and use Hilton properties almost exclusively for work, so I always get enough Honors points to get my hotel rooms free when I take a cruise. It was a great hotel for what I used it for....very comfortable rooms, bigger than the usual European hotel room. We were on the executive floor so we got use of the lounge, which was very convenient. I wasn't bothered at all by noise, didn't even notice it. The staff is very friendly and speak excellent English, as do many of the Danes. It is also extremely convenient coming off the plane, as its connected by a covered walkway to the airport terminal.

The only drawback is that you are a good distance from Downtown and also a bit far from the port, however, the second time we stayed we found that they had opened the metro station and it is also attached to the same covered walkway you use to get to the hotel. The metro takes you right into downtown in a matter of about 15 minutes and is a pleasant ride. We did all our sightseeing and hopped the metro right back to the hotel.

Getting to the port will require a taxi or limo ride that is longer than if you were staying in a downtown hotel. The first time we took a cab and it was about $70. The second time we hired a limo, which was a bit more but was worth it, as the driver did a little tour on the way to the port, and even stopped us at the Little Mermaid statue to take some pictures.

Without hesitation I would use the Hilton there again. I'm sure you will like it.

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel?

Is the noise very bad? I don't want to stay there if it will keep us awake.

charles

I can't answer your question, but I would suggest heading over to the Northern Europe / Baltics Boards and do a Search on Copenhagen Airport Hilton. I've seen it mentioned many times.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

I also stayed there several times for business and then when we did our Baltic cruise we used it for our last night before our return flight home. Before this cruise we stayed at a Marriott by Tivoli Gardens. That was very convenient to so many things and they offered a shuttle to the ship.

BTW - we loved our Baltic Cruise!

My wife and I stayed there for two nights at the end of a cruise. I used Hilton points from business travel. It's a modern clean hotel. You can walk next door to the airport and get the metro to downtown. Two days was plenty. We had done one side trip before we got off the ship. :)

We stayed there for 2 nights last year and have 3 nights booked this year.

No noise--it is on the other side of the airport from where the planes take off and land.

We found it very convenient. The Metro is literally right there. Our cab to Langoline pier from the hotel last year was about 45 euros.

• 1 month later...

Archived