Transefer at Seattle

VegasPier

We live 30 miles South of Seattle. It's about 16 miles or 30 minutes from Sea-Tac airport to the new Priness Terminal on Pier 91. There are a number of buses that go from Sea-Tac to the Pier 91. Grayline is one that comes to mind.

www.graylineseattle.com/cruiseexpress1.cfm

Shuttle Express is another good one.

www.shuttleexpress.com/index.html

There are also a lot of cabs and limo's that go out the way.

fastest way is to grab a cab,and yes it is about 30 mins to pier,and about 40$,have a great cruise:)))):D

Actually, though, it would have been $40 to Terminal 30, it will be closer to $55 to Terminal 91. I used to live about one mile from there, and that was my average taxi fare from the airport area to home.

Much more economical to do the Cruise Express, IMHO.

• 2 months later...

Get a cab; the mess that Princess dumps people into when they're checking back in for their return flight is sufficiently horrific as to undo any pleasant memories of your vacation. Especially given that you're flying Southwest, which will be at the other end of the airport from where you're getting off the bus. A cab will drop you at the WN counter area and you'll probably be to the security line at least 20 minutes sooner, with no changes of floor.

From the airport, I'd either do a cab ($40ish plus tip) or a town car (honestly, not that much more than a cab in my experience, to that neighborhood). There's always plenty of them at the airport, they're more likely to reroute around bad traffic and you're not waiting for 43 of your new best friends to show up before you can leave.

Get a cab; the mess that Princess dumps people into when they're checking back in for their return flight is sufficiently horrific as to undo any pleasant memories of your vacation. Especially given that you're flying Southwest, which will be at the other end of the airport from where you're getting off the bus. A cab will drop you at the WN counter area and you'll probably be to the security line at least 20 minutes sooner, with no changes of floor.

From the airport, I'd either do a cab ($40ish plus tip) or a town car (honestly, not that much more than a cab in my experience, to that neighborhood). There's always plenty of them at the airport, they're more likely to reroute around bad traffic and you're not waiting for 43 of your new best friends to show up before you can leave.

VibeGuy,

Thanks for the tip. You make a compelling argument for the taxi from the ship to the airport.

However, I like being in Princess’s hands as soon as I can when on the ground before a cruise. So I think that I’ll opt for their transfer to the ship.

I assume that I will be able to leave my baggage next to the bus and it will be brought to my stateroom onboard. I like that idea.

VegasPier

If you are traveling alone thats great but the per person price makes transfers pretty steep for a family.

You're right about that!! The Princess transfers do not make sense for a family of 4 or more.

My family of 4, we have a transfer booked with J & S Limo and towncar service of Seattle. They have been excellent in communicating with me and setting up the right kind of transportation for our transfers to pier 91 from SeaTac area. Something privately booked to me is the way to go, much less than Princess and better than a cab.

Archived