Rude people

Canusa02

Whoa! What is that a picture of? Please tell me it's not the main buffet area lol

Cheryl :)

Imagine people standing around trying to figure out their A$$ from their elbow:D Welcome to Horizon Court Buffet central...lol!

I would try to get around people, got the eveil eye, so I waited and waited and waited. I knew they wouldn't run out, so I waited.

No one tells you can skip ahead, so knowing the rule from reading it here won't help if the other 99 percent is unaware.

It was truly HORRIBLE!

2445235460101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Hi There,

While waiting to board our Princess charter flight, one family thought they had waited long enough and instead of going up and down the waiting lines cut across a few rows, however being spotted by a Princess rep, they were marched to the end of a que of around 250 people.

On the same cruise while waiting to board the ship, all had to que to fill out a health form, before Elite were split off, one family ducked under the tape and went straight to the Elite desk got there tickets but instead of being pointed towards the ship they pointed to the end of the the waiting que to get there health form.

yours Shogun

Whoa! What is that a picture of? Please tell me it's not the main buffet area lol
Yes, that is one side of the buffet, which is set up as "stations" rather than a straight line. You can go to any station or area without waiting, which speeds things up considerably as you don't have to wait. The photo makes it look like less room than there is... it's really a bit roomier than the photo seems.

The lines at the International Cafe can be a mess at times as you know. Although there doesn't seem to be any order to the next to be served, the times we were there people were fairly courteous.

In my 35 day experience (28 on the Crown, 7 on the Ruby) I have never experienced crowds at the IC. Perhaps two or three ahead of me, but that's it. I suppose I picked the right time to go. Seating however is another story, because people camp out there from early morning on and stay there all day reading.

Cheryl :)

Here is another pic and view. My butt must be bigger than most because I had a hard time getting around. Now try passing that guy, with your tray, with others doing the same:eek: It's not very roomy for the amount of people trying to get through.

2557056900101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Unfortunately this happens at every buffet, everywhere. It's just the nature of the beast and I've learned to live with it. You should see what happens at a chinese buffet when they bring out the crab legs. :eek:

I do hope these "to be ignored" occasional incidents didn't affect your enjoyent of the overall cruise experience.

Hi,

I wouldn't consider an old gentleman that I encounter a rude passenger, but he really annoyed me.

On one port day, that man with the cane was ahead of me with his adult daughter at buffet line. We all were in a hurry except him. He put his food on his plate very deliberate fashion and he had a play by play announcement what he was getting. His daughter just rolled her eyes and said nothing. He was holding the line for sure. Then he had a hissy fit when he can't get the English muffin to be toasted the way he wanted.:eek:

His daughter was totally fed up with him and let him whine there and she took off with what ever food she had on her plate! I went to another part of the buffet line and got what I wanted.;)

Hi There,

While waiting to board our Princess charter flight, one family thought they had waited long enough and instead of going up and down the waiting lines cut across a few rows, however being spotted by a Princess rep, they were marched to the end of a que of around 250 people.

On the same cruise while waiting to board the ship, all had to que to fill out a health form, before Elite were split off, one family ducked under the tape and went straight to the Elite desk got there tickets but instead of being pointed towards the ship they pointed to the end of the the waiting que to get there health form.

yours Shogun

I always fill out my health form at home & have it ready when boarding.

You remind me of a stop at MacDonald's a few years ago...I was stepping up to the counter when two teen boys cut me off. The manager asked "What'll it be?" As they were starting to answer I replied for everyone within 3kM to hear, "I don't know what THEY"RE having, but I'M having..." I've never again seen such looks of shock and chagrin.

Steve

Never seen it online?

Just went on the Princess sight and looked under my Personalizer and clicked on Download Forms and there the Passenger Health Form was:D. Don't flame me too hard. This is my first Princess cruise.:)

When we were on the Sapphire earlier this month, I never knew where the lines started or ended in the buffet. There were two distinct ways open into the buffet, so it was easy to "cut" into line and not even know that you were doing it (Those that have encountered this will know what I am talking about) It was nearly impossible to get that ONE item that you needed without incurring the nasty looks from those around you! I don't remember such problems on other ships (our last was the Carnival Destiny) because the layout of the buffet worked so much better.

Crabby Old People

I was standing in line at the outdoor grill by the pool on the Emerald when I had my foot ran over by a old man driving his electric cart. I said "excuse me" and he fired back "you should watch where you stand, Im a Elite" I just blew him off but justice was served, 5 min later he was driving out of the horizon court buffet back to the pool deck with a huge plate of food well he lost his grip and the plate dumped right into his lap. oh well i guess the fact he is elite could come in handy now, he gets free laundry.

An Elite what? Butthead? He got what was coming to him. Thanks for the chuckle!:D:D

Just went on the Princess sight and looked under my Personalizer and clicked on Download Forms and there the Passenger Health Form was:D. Don't flame me too hard. This is my first Princess cruise.:)

Is that the 2 question health form for Noro?

How do you do that? Is the health form on the princess web site? If so, I'll be printing it out and have it ready also.

I just asked for a couple extra the first time we had to fill one out & then I just have the completed one ready when boarding. I take two fresh ones & save them for the next cruise. The only thing different from cruise to cruise has been the ships name & they don't mind you crossing out the name & replacing it with the right one.

Judith, I have wondered this as well. I often only want one or two things from the long buffet line, and there are people that just don't know what they want and are there forever. I never know weather to just wait it out or politely and quickly grab what I fancied and went on my way. :o I strive to be polite since this is what I was taught and also because I deal with so many rude people on a daily basis (I work in customer service) and I really don't want to offend anyone. :) This May will be my first Princess cruise so I will go with the flow and be on my best behavior any hopefully everyone else will be as well! :D Happy cruising!

The buffet is setup in stations. Just go to the station that has what you want and get it! No problem.... and just ignore the rubes...:p

No flame here, but I don't think that's the form they're talking about here. The online form is to notify Princess of any special medical conditions or care you may need while onboard. The form you fill out during check-in is a simple, 2-question "yes or no" type form for norovirus symptoms. That one you can't get online.

Rubes??

From thefreedictionary.com:

rube

n. Slang

An unsophisticated country person.

And their thesaurus sez:

Noun 1. rube - a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture

bumpkin, chawbacon, hayseed, hick, yahoo, yokel

rustic - an unsophisticated country person

No flame here, but I don't think that's the form they're talking about here. The online form is to notify Princess of any special medical conditions or care you may need while onboard. The form you fill out during check-in is a simple, 2-question "yes or no" type form for norovirus symptoms. That one you can't get online.

No, the form isn't on their web site but is handed out when you stand on the embarkation line. It's annoying to have to carry luggage in one hand & fill out a form that could have been done previously- if you know what I mean.

I've gotten used to what DS and I call "Bad Buffet Behavior", but what really got annoying on our CB cruise last June was the elevator behavior. People crowding on before allowing others to get off. That is not only annoying, but can be dangerous! Twice when this happened and the "overload" alarm came on, the folks who had just piled on continued to stand there. Heck, they wouldn't even move when others in the back were politely saying "Excuse me, this is my floor."

I was raised to always be polite to older people and to allow them to go first, etc. But geez, if I'd done that on this cruise, I'd STILL be in the back of the elevator trying to get out.....

It's always amazing me how one must fight to get off the elavators on a ship. I'm was raised in the suburbs, and even then, we knew one simple rule: Let people get OFF the elavator before attempting to get ON!

Thanks for not flaming me.:D I looked at the one I printed out and its obviously not what was being talked about here. No special medical conditions here (only mental:eek:). Thanks for the help.

1happycruiser, thanks for your help also. I know what you are both talking about now.

Archived