Carbo San Lucas Famous Rocks & Arch

marcyjane

Thanks so much that great to know that you don't have to just take a tour to see it.

Also while I'm here a friend of mine wants me to bring them back a T-Shirt from a bar called Cabo Wabo I believe that what they call it. How close is it in regards to the area that you get on the tender to go back to the ship?

Thanks again,

Marcy

I was told that Cabo Wabo is a short cab ride or a long walk from the tender pier area. We were there last week, but we never made it past the pier area--by the time we did a whale watch and did a little shopping it was time to back to the ship. Wish we could have stayed longer--I loved what I saw of Cabo!

Nicest way to see the arch is to take one of the watercabs that will sail you real close to it for just a few US$$ per person.

Cabo Wabo is a few minutes from the place you tender, so walking distance.

We were in Cabo last October.

You will cruise right past the cliffs and the arch on your way into the harbour....then the ship will drop anchor almost right in front of the arch. We got some great pictures....it did help to have a good telephoto lens...but my wife got some great pics just using her regular lens.

I was told that Cabo Wabo is a short cab ride or a long walk from the tender pier area. We were there last week, but we never made it past the pier area--by the time we did a whale watch and did a little shopping it was time to back to the ship. Wish we could have stayed longer--I loved what I saw of Cabo!

It is a very short walk from the tender pier, about 15 minutes. The whole town of Cabo is very easily walkable. Cabo Wabo will be very quiet during the day, only one small section is open not the huge bar that they are known for. The t shirt shop will also be open.

What? No pictures?? :confused:

The HAL Zaandam approaches Cabo. El Arch is the third rock sticking up out of the water in front of the ship ...

IMG_0799.jpg

This is the Celebrity Infinity anchored in Cabo. The third rock from the left sticking up out of the water is El Arco ...

IMG_0788.jpg

That is the Carnival Pride. El Arco is the rock on the left ...

N-IMG_0853.jpg

The next two photos were taken from the NCL Jade ...

El Arco is the rock behind the people's heads ...

9500_3281.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

We did the tour its about 45 minutes - It was absolutely wonderful. It cost $ 8.00 pp.

NOte my avatar - the pic was taken by the operator of the tour.

Do you recall the tour operator? I am "assuming" this was not through the cruise ship as I have never seen an $8 pp excursion through the ship :)

Do you recall the tour operator? I am "assuming" this was not through the cruise ship as I have never seen an $8 pp excursion through the ship :)
It is not a tour operator. Just grab one of the water taxis. We (three adults plus two children) did this in May 2004 for $36 ($12 each adult - the kids were free).

You can grab any tour operator at the dock to take you there. My opinon is why go when the ship sails so close to the arch you can take photos from the ship?

Been to Cabo 4 times so far and have some really great pics of the arch from the ship. Don't really care to take a special excursion out there to get more. Your ship will be almost as close to the arch as the tour excursions can get you.

There are so many things to do and see in Cabo. Take a walking/shopping trip around the area. The shopping is great and the vendors and shop owners are willing to bargain with you.

Food and drink options are great at the port as well. Dh & I are partial to Solomon's Landing for a great margaritta and a quick lunch, but there are many other good food & drink venues there as well.

Last trip to Cabo we hired a local cab driver to take us around the island and to San Jose del Cabo. There wre 6 of us from the cruise and the entire tour of the island cost each couple about $10 per couple for a 6 hour tour of the area. Saw many spots that most cruise pax don't get to see.

We will be back on the Mex. Riviera in Sept. and hope to grab a cab and spend some more time at those spots we saw on the last trip.

Dianne

Last trip to Cabo we hired a local cab driver to take us around the island and to San Jose del Cabo. There wre 6 of us from the cruise and the entire tour of the island cost each couple about $10 per couple for a 6 hour tour of the area. Saw many spots that most cruise pax don't get to see.

We will be back on the Mex. Riviera in Sept. and hope to grab a cab and spend some more time at those spots we saw on the last trip.

Dianne

Island? Peninsula - yes. Island:confused:

It was not through the cruise ship - we were walking and decided to take the water taxi back to ship - the operator offered the tour to us and we took it - he did give us his card and I still have it - I will look for it - can;t do it right now as I am in work.

It was not through the cruise ship - we were walking and decided to take the water taxi back to ship - the operator offered the tour to us and we took it - he did give us his card and I still have it - I will look for it - can;t do it right now as I am in work.

That would be great - thanks! And I understand completely being at work

In that case, all is forgiven. ;)

Thanks for the foregiveness.

I really do know my geography but we just sailed the Caribbean in January and are going back to the Caribbean in April and again in November.D Typing island has become very habit forming for my aging brain.;)

Dianne

Thanks for the foregiveness.

I really do know my geography but we just sailed the Caribbean in January and are going back to the Caribbean in April and again in November.D Typing island has become very habit forming for my aging brain.;)

Dianne

I knew what you meant. I was just having fun. :D

Archived