Egg crate mattress pad question

crazycath

I want to bring on board a twin sized Egg crate mattress pad for my mother . It is only a 3 day cruise so I wont have a big suitcase, does any think I can just carry it on with me? Or should I bring a bigger suitcase and pack it?

Thanks

Cathy

I want to bring on board a twin sized Egg crate mattress pad for my mother . It is only a 3 day cruise so I wont have a big suitcase, does any think I can just carry it on with me? Or should I bring a bigger suitcase and pack it?

Thanks

Cathy

I don't see why you would need to bring one. Carnival has the most comfortable beds anywhere. Plus it's only a 3 day cruise why bother?

The questions is do you think I can carry it on or do I need to pack it in my luggage?

I have been on 8 cruises and the beds on the older ships are NOT heavenly. She is older and needs a soft bed.

Please help me with this question

Thanks

Cathy

The questions is do you think I can carry it on or do I need to pack it in my luggage?

I have been on 8 cruises and the beds on the older ships are NOT heavenly. She is older and needs a soft bed.

Thanks

Cathy

To be honest I have never seen anyone carrying a egg crate on board.:rolleyes: My suggestion would be to call Carnival and ask if you can carry it on. If that does not work out to your advantage then pack it in a suitcase.

Cathy, I'm pretty sure that they can supply you with the egg crate once you are onboard. I've heard different people have requested them. If you want to bring your own, I would just bring a slightly larger suitcase and pack it right in there. That was it's one less thing to have to carry. Everyone raves about how comfy the beds are, but even in the suites, they seem to be very hard to me...and I sleep on a chiropractic hard one at home!

Hope this helps!

Cathy, I'm pretty sure that they can supply you with the egg crate once you are onboard. I've heard different people have requested them. If you want to bring your own, I would just bring a slightly larger suitcase and pack it right in there. That was it's one less thing to have to carry. Everyone raves about how comfy the beds are, but even in the suites, they seem to be very hard to me...and I sleep on a chiropractic hard one at home!

Hope this helps!

She sleeps on one every night and I dont want to chance that they are all taken, the beds seem very hard on the older ships to me too. I think I will just pack it in my suitcase. Dont really want to take it to lunch while waiting for our room to be ready.

Thank you

Cathy

We never walk around with our bags once on ship, we always drop them off in our cabin before the cabin is ready generally finding the steward and letting him/her know which they have never had a problem with.

We have tried that but the doors usually are shut to the hallways, so we wait

Cathy

All you do is open them and proceed. They have never cared. They just don't want a major jam and for people to linger. So put it in and get out of their way and they don't mind especially when they know you have an elder with you. They have always been considerate.

Call ahead and check if they have them. I know Royal did for the hide-a-beds which can be very uncomfortable so I'm sure Carnival must to. I almost asked for one myself on our cruise last week. I felt like I was sleeping on a board. Woke with a sore back every morning. The linens and pillows were the best but I almost choked on my wine when they left us a brochure for their "heavenly" mattresses costing in the $2000 range!! Absolutely the worst I've ever slept on.... but, then, I like a soft and sinking bed.

Take it as a carry-on... walk thru the "door" to your cabin and explain you want it put on the bed.... Having said all that we were on the Sensation last year and the Fascination in Jan. and both had the "heavenly" beds... Best sleep on a cruise ship - heck almost on land.

I have carried the egg crate pad on each of my last cruises. I used one of the "sucker bags" where you vacuum out the air, which reduces it nicely. Once I put it in a suitcase, once I put it in it's own duffle bag. We were three in the room and used it for the sofa bed. Since they are so cheap, I just left it onboard. I would not trust that I could get one if this is important to you. Enjoy your cruise!

Hope this helps!

Thought I was the only one who thinks the beds are hard as a rock. I've slept on worse than the Carnival beds but I usually end up waking up all through the night with something hurting on their beds. :rolleyes:

I would pack it in my suitcase or in a tote/duffle that fits it. I wouldn't want to just lug it around as is.

I also love the Carnival beds, slept like a baby on Holiday and I dont' think you can get any older of a C ship than that LOL

Thought I was the only one who thinks the beds are hard as a rock. I've slept on worse than the Carnival beds but I usually end up waking up all through the night with something hurting on their beds. :rolleyes:

When was your last cruise... the one we had in 2003 I would agree, but since last March's cruise I would have to disagree.

When was your last cruise... the one we had in 2003 I would agree, but since last March's cruise I would have to disagree.

Just about two month's ago - since September of 2006 we've sailed the Miracle, the Glory, and twice each on both the Victory and the Liberty. The comfort beds just don't do it for me and usually make my back or hips hurt. :o But everyone else seems to love them. Dh thinks the same as I do. I do love the linens and comforters, though!

My last 2 cruises on the Elation, the sheets and duvet (spelling?) were nice and comfy BUT the mattress was rock hard.

My mother is 78 years old and if she sleeps one night on a hard mattress she suffers for weeks, I just want her to be comfortable.

I think I will pack it in a suitcase.

Cathy

I have carried the egg crate pad on each of my last cruises. I used one of the "sucker bags" where you vacuum out the air, which reduces it nicely. Once I put it in a suitcase, once I put it in it's own duffle bag. We were three in the room and used it for the sofa bed. Since they are so cheap, I just left it onboard. I would not trust that I could get one if this is important to you. Enjoy your cruise!

What a great IDEA!!! That is just what I will do, and thank you for this!!!

Cathy

I just got home from a long weekend in Atlanta Ga and while waiting at airport for my suitcase I noticed someone had what was probably an egg crate mattress that looked like they'd folded it in half and rolled it tightly like a bedroll. They had slipped it into a king size pillow case and had tied a luggage tag on the open end to close it and keep the egg crate from sliding out. If one traveled on a plane okay I don't see why anyone would stop you from bringing one onto a ship. Good luck.

This is to let you know that I have requested an egg crate be put on our Carnival beds each cruise and have never had a problem! We just let the cabin steward know as soon as we meet him and he has one on the bed for us as soon as we reenter our room that evening.. Every Carnival ship has plenty of them we have been told and as I said, we have never had a problem getting one in our room! So, don't overpack and just go! :D

Thanks

Cathy

Me personally, I would use a bigger suitcase and pack it. I would be worried about it coming unfolded and being a big problem to carry it on.

Archived