A local slides past security in St Thomas Spring Break!

hammsz

I asked the girls if the guy actually got her a ring and they said no but he told her that he would buy one for her in tortola. They also said she was in charge of the student govt. body. Drunk girls are so dumb and gullable, especially 18-22 year old spring breakers.

Well I am sure that the 18-22 year old drunk boys are equally as dumb and gullable. Incredibly sad what people will do when they have had too much to drink.

cpcanuck

Talked to some girls from East Carolina at the Blue Lagoon and told me that their sorority sister got thrown in the Tortola jail for smuggling a local man back on to the ship from St Thomas. Didnt believe it at first but the security was lax getting back on the pier from what I saw. They said she was wasted drunk during a pub crawl, met this gentleman, got engaged to him that day and then brought him back on to the ship by saying he lost his pass. When he was trying to get off the ship in Tortola, security stopped the 2 from getting off and called authorities. The girl called her girlfriends from jail to explain she was charged with a serious crime and was not getting out of jail anytime soon. True story!

Did these girls SEE the guy on the ship?

What method did the girl in jail call the girls on the ship? Did she have the ship's phone #? did her cell phone miraculously work in Tortola?

Did these girls SEE the guy on the ship?

What method did the girl in jail call the girls on the ship? Did she have the ship's phone #? did her cell phone miraculously work in Tortola?

LOL Phyllis... stop asking the "tough" questions!!

these girls said that they say the guy was in her room. The girls said that she used her cell phone to call theirs. She was allowed more than one phone call. I have been looking all over east carolina for the story or in the Tortola news for the story and cant find anything about it. Must be a hush-hush kinda thing. I know its hard to believe but I had to share what I "exactly" heard from these sorority girls word for word. Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting.

these girls said that they say the guy was in her room. The girls said that she used her cell phone to call theirs. She was allowed more than one phone call. I have been looking all over east carolina for the story or in the Tortola news for the story and cant find anything about it. Must be a hush-hush kinda thing. I know its hard to believe but I had to share what I "exactly" heard from these sorority girls word for word. Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting.

Thank you, Hammsz.. If anything, it makes for an interesting topic.

Love your avatar btw.

ok, this guy got on the ship...past the port security who looks at goverment photo ID (driver's lic or passport) AND past the ship's gangway where they scan your cabin's card (which shows your photo).

AND off the ship..past the gangway security and again scanning your cabin's cards?

the only way this would work was if he was part of the ship's crew.

They are supposed to do that coming AND going.

But if you don't have it getting off, you just turn around and say it's in your cabin, right? Or do you use the same excuse that you supposedly used to get on the ship?

Bottom line, I ain't buyng it, either way.

This could happen, we were on a Bahamas cruise a couple years ago. My neice somehow manages to go off the ship without them scanning her card. When we returned she thought she had lost her card on shore. But when we got to security they told us she never left the ship. I said yes she did cause here she is with our group. We had already told them she lost her card ashore. But once I saw she had not scanned out, I thought well maybe she didn't even take her card with her. So I told the person working the line we would go look in the cabin. We they let her board with me. We went to the cabin found her card there with her other things. I sent her back to show them. She got side tracked talking the the rest of the kids in the group. Well young adults, I should say. Ended up at a bar drinking, did not go back. At dinner that night I asked what the security had said. She still had not been back. I took her they said we were not worried, knew we would catch her at the disembarkment in the morning at the next port. So yes it can happen. And yes they will get you.

This could happen, we were on a Bahamas cruise a couple years ago. My neice somehow manages to go off the ship without them scanning her card. When we returned she thought she had lost her card on shore. But when we got to security they told us she never left the ship. I said yes she did cause here she is with our group. We had already told them she lost her card ashore. But once I saw she had not scanned out, I thought well maybe she didn't even take her card with her. So I told the person working the line we would go look in the cabin. We they let her board with me. We went to the cabin found her card there with her other things. I sent her back to show them. She got side tracked talking the the rest of the kids in the group. Well young adults, I should say. Ended up at a bar drinking, did not go back. At dinner that night I asked what the security had said. She still had not been back. I took her they said we were not worried, knew we would catch her at the disembarkment in the morning at the next port. So yes it can happen. And yes they will get you.

The difference here is that your neice was a registered passenger who was able to give them a name, and that name came up on their computer (no doubt with a photo) and a record of her actually being a passenger. Letting someone board without their card after checking their name and viewing their photo I can see... letting a drunk man on without at the very least learning his name and verifying that he was a registered passenger? I think not.

We watch a show on HBO...Showtime.. or one of those that is called Dexter.. and it was funny to me how he "snuck" onto a cruise ship once. I was like.. "Ok.. who ever wrote that script must never have actually been on a cruise". LOL

TERRY!! One more thing we have in common! I LOVE Dexter!! He's the most original character I've seen on tv in years - such refreshing deviance!! ha ha ha You know, when I saw that episode, my interpretation (read: suspension of disbelief) was that the 'cruise' in question was a smaller, non-mainstream type where they allowed the old fashioned practice of having non-passengers on board for socializing and then called the 'All Ashore' before sailing... (I can rationalize ANYTHING! ha ha ha) :p

TERRY!! One more thing we have in common! I LOVE Dexter!! He's the most original character I've seen on tv in years - such refreshing deviance!! ha ha ha You know, when I saw that episode, my interpretation (read: suspension of disbelief) was that the 'cruise' in question was a smaller, non-mainstream type where they allowed the old fashioned practice of having non-passengers on board for socializing and then called the 'All Ashore' before sailing... (I can rationalize ANYTHING! ha ha ha) :p

I thought the same thing. I also loved how HUGE the cabin was. No wonder people are shocked by how small "real" cabins on cruise ships are.

I must chime in. We were on the same cruise as hammsz and while on board we heard the story that someone had been smuggled on board and someone had been arrested. Never heard the ending how or what happened but did hear the beginning and wondered the same thing..How could someone actually get on???

I have to say I do think it is possible to sneak someone on board, but I think it is VERY difficult and I don't believe two drunk young people who had no planning other than from the short time they met could do it. As someone said, an urban legand is born. And I do have no doubt that story spread like wildfire onboard the ship.

Talked to some girls from East Carolina at the Blue Lagoon and told me that their sorority sister got thrown in the Tortola jail for smuggling a local man back on to the ship from St Thomas. Didnt believe it at first but the security was lax getting back on the pier from what I saw. They said she was wasted drunk during a pub crawl, met this gentleman, got engaged to him that day and then brought him back on to the ship by saying he lost his pass. When he was trying to get off the ship in Tortola, security stopped the 2 from getting off and called authorities. The girl called her girlfriends from jail to explain she was charged with a serious crime and was not getting out of jail anytime soon. True story!

I went ahead of my husband and son to get on the ship in Guatemala and forgot that my DH had my card and even though I had my ID and knew my room number, they would not let me on unless I had my card and they had to run it thru the system. I just can't see how someone could be snuck onboard.

So I highly doubt that the OP got the 'whole' story.

I went ahead of my husband and son to get on the ship in Guatemala and forgot that my DH had my card and even though I had my ID and knew my room number, they would not let me on unless I had my card and they had to run it thru the system. I just can't see how someone could be snuck onboard.

So I highly doubt that the OP got the 'whole' story.

On our Gem Transatlantic last April we had a stowaway onboard...he had picked up a room key had no other identification and was on the ship for a few days, when he got off in Spain they arrested him.

Archived