A local slides past security in St Thomas Spring Break!

hammsz

Talked to some girls from East Carolina at the Blue Lagoon and told me that their sorority sister got thrown in the Tortola jail for smuggling a local man back on to the ship from St Thomas. Didnt believe it at first but the security was lax getting back on the pier from what I saw. They said she was wasted drunk during a pub crawl, met this gentleman, got engaged to him that day and then brought him back on to the ship by saying he lost his pass. When he was trying to get off the ship in Tortola, security stopped the 2 from getting off and called authorities. The girl called her girlfriends from jail to explain she was charged with a serious crime and was not getting out of jail anytime soon. True story!

Wow... I'd believe it... East Carolina girls are crazy. I met up with some on a cruise and could have seen this happening to them. Plus, I went there for 4 years so I've seen plenty of stupid decisions ;)

I asked the girls if the guy actually got her a ring and they said no but he told her that he would buy one for her in tortola. They also said she was in charge of the student govt. body. Drunk girls are so dumb and gullable, especially 18-22 year old spring breakers.

Hmmmmmm....I dunno.

Not sure what you mean by security being lax getting back on the pier.

Finding it hard to believe that he would be permitted on the ship just by saying he lost his pass.

Now, do I believe the girl was in the slammer for something? Yes. :p

Hmmmmmm....I dunno.

Not sure what you mean by security being lax getting back on the pier.

Finding it hard to believe that he would be permitted on the ship just by saying he lost his pass.

Now, do I believe the girl was in the slammer for something? Yes. :p

The bridge concurs with this one.

I thought cruise ships had pretty high standards when it came to security. I guess it isn't true for this cruiseline. :eek:

Why would they stop them getting off the ship? I can "maybe" see getting past the port security with the old "I lost my card" routine, but on the ship. Someone who'd lost their card had to call their mom to bring them a replacement card, when we were in Tortola. They could not get on the ship without it. Even if you have a card, they look at your picture on the screen to match it to you.

Why would they stop them getting off the ship? ........................... Even if you have a card, they look at your picture on the screen to match it to you.

They are supposed to do that coming AND going.

First of all... what self respecting female would accept a marriage proposal without seeing the diamond first? LOL

I do believe the OP was told the story, but I do not believe for one minute the girl "smuggled" anyone onboard.

Yes.. I believe the OP too. Just not what they were told. There is no way someone is going to sneak on a ship without a lot of questioning first.. Especially if they were that drunk!

Yes.. I believe the OP too. Just not what they were told. There is no way someone is going to sneak on a ship without a lot of questioning first.. Especially if they were that drunk!

Remember the old kids game broken telephone, sounds kinda like that with the story getting embellished each time it is told

And thus another urban myth is born........

Seriously though, I believe the OP was told a story about a girl landing in jail but don't believe that the OP was told the real reason the girl was booked into jail......

we can all wait until its a movie of the week....

We watch a show on HBO...Showtime.. or one of those that is called Dexter.. and it was funny to me how he "snuck" onto a cruise ship once. I was like.. "Ok.. who ever wrote that script must never have actually been on a cruise". LOL

Don't buy this story...girl in jail? Yes...but someone getting on ship just by saying he lost his pass...no way! We were on a cruise a year or so back, one of the ship's officers were in front of us, he went to get on the ship, didn't have his pass with him, they told him NO WAY. He had to send someone to his cabin to get his ID, so I can't believe they would let a total stranger on with no ID.

we can all wait until its a movie of the week....

If it's on SciFi, I still ain't buying it. Speaking of which has anyone actually made it all the way to the end of any of the movies SciFi has made :eek: Their movies suck big time!!!

Archived