Norwegian Epic Studios: Too Tiny or Super Chic?

What do you think of Epic's Studio cabins (choose all that apply)?  

1,121 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Epic's Studio cabins (choose all that apply)?

• Tiny room, communal living space -- I'll go back to college for that!
    • The studios really do look cool, but I definitely need more space.
    • Love it! Small room = big savings. (It's just a place to sleep after all.)
    • I like the idea of meeting other travelers in the shared living space.
    • I dislike the idea of having to share my living space with others.
    • I don't get it. Why do people who pay the least get concierge service?
    • I have another opinion (which I'll post)

I think this is a good idea for "single" cruisers as opposed to "solo" cruisers. To me there is a difference. As an older solo cruiser, I'm not interested in tiny cramped quarters with a communual social area. I want a regular cabin where I can go to have some alone time.

I think this is a good idea for "single" cruisers as opposed to "solo" cruisers. To me there is a difference. As an older solo cruiser, I'm not interested in tiny cramped quarters with a communual social area. I want a regular cabin where I can go to have some alone time.

very valid point made above;

plus, the real issue is not A particular size,

but ratio: price versus space -

in comparison:

sailed solo NCL SUN South America 14 days OV $800 ! / versus $699=700 in cubby hole?

Sailed Transatlantic Celebrity Solstice Solo Balcony 14 days $900.00 ! versus cubby hole Epic 10 days $699 =700

- again , these solo/single cabins are too expensive for what they are -

but, its all in the marketing -

I'm a solo traveler, not a single traveler.

I've cruised Epic in a studio.

I loved it.

Then again, I don't need the extra few square feet; I can retire to a studio cabin and have alone time just fine. Or I can hang out in the Living Room and still have alone time. Or I can sit on a deck chair in the shade and have alone time.

The issue for some may be a particular size. The issue for others may be price versus space. For some of us, the issue is more price, itinerary, and entertainment. Different people have different criteria for evaluation.

Still, I am often amused at people who try to tell others how they know best on matters of opinion.

I also am a solo cruiser, and am single, and am over 50. Price for me is a big issue. Believe me if price was not an issue, I also would be enjoying balcony cabins (maybe). So price is important, amount of space is not. Ship and entertainment as well as itinerary is important. I have cruised a few times in interior small cabins, and one quite large one. The larger one didnt make a lick of difference. I was still in there only to sleep and change, shower. So that is why I say only maybe if I came into some money:D I would take a balcony cabin. I dont think I would spend any more alone time there than else where on the ship. Therefore I am very happy for the existence of these solo cabins on NCL, and the price for my cruise seems decent. I notice that Breakaway does not have as many as Epic, roughly half the number of studios. Im still glad that they are there though.:)

I'm a solo traveler, not a single traveler.

I've cruised Epic in a studio.

I loved it.

Then again, I don't need the extra few square feet; I can retire to a studio cabin and have alone time just fine. Or I can hang out in the Living Room and still have alone time. Or I can sit on a deck chair in the shade and have alone time.

The issue for some may be a particular size. The issue for others may be price versus space. For some of us, the issue is more price, itinerary, and entertainment. Different people have different criteria for evaluation.

Still, I am often amused at people who try to tell others how they know best on matters of opinion.

I too am a solo, not single cruiser. At this point in my life(married 16 yrs, 2 kids, travel 4-5 times a year as a family). My solo cruise was 1) me time! and 2) to check out NCL and a mega ship to see if the guys would like it.

I've been cruising for years and for me a cabin is a place to sleep, change, and wash. I liked the studio lounge as I could sit and read in there, have a coffee if the weather wasn't nice up on deck or I had enough sun!

Have my sit on a balcony and look at the ocean trip. I will be staying at Disney's Vero Beach resort in one of the oceanfront cottages. Huge deck with 4 person table and 2 loungers.

As I posted earlier, I will hold my opinion of the actual "space" until we sail... BUT, that being said, as a solo, I would probably not have been able to do this vacation alone if you include the single supp. AND, I dont want to spend 7 days "bunking" w/ someone I have never met before. I really dont know all that much about cruising, this one only being my 2nd, but I did price other cruise options & this is a very affordable one.

Thanks for taking my 2 cents!

As I posted earlier, I will hold my opinion of the actual "space" until we sail... BUT, that being said, as a solo, I would probably not have been able to do this vacation alone if you include the single supp. AND, I dont want to spend 7 days "bunking" w/ someone I have never met before. I really dont know all that much about cruising, this one only being my 2nd, but I did price other cruise options & this is a very affordable one.

Thanks for taking my 2 cents!

I just booked my first ever solo ever. I could go in any type cabin and pay it however I think Studio is my best option. I can meet other solo's. I can travel another line. Only been on Carnival and Big Red Boat.

Archived