Fort Laud Red Carpet Inn auto theft

royalcruz

A truck was stolen yesterday from the Red Carpet Inn in the 2400 block of State Road 84. It wouldn't have made the newspaper except that it was packed with lots of fertilizer, which can be used for making explosives. The police believe it was the truck the theives were after, as at least one other vehicle on the lot had also been broken into.

Some people have been asking on the boards about parking at hotels during their cruises. I would recommend parking at secure lots only, as auto theft is a common crime in south florida, especially overnight.

A truck was stolen yesterday from the Red Carpet Inn in the 2400 block of State Road 84. It wouldn't have made the newspaper except that it was packed with lots of fertilizer, which can be used for making explosives. The police believe it was the truck the theives were after, as at least one other vehicle on the lot had also been broken into.

Some people have been asking on the boards about parking at hotels during their cruises. I would recommend parking at secure lots only, as auto theft is a common crime in south florida, especially overnight.

royal, as much as we beg people not to stay in these hotels, they will still search high and low for the ONE good review and then call us crazy for saying bad things about the hotel.

I've given up. If someone wants to stay at the motel hell, nothing I say will change their mind.

I spend a lot of time in South Florida in and out of hotels and private residences. Probably close to 100 nights a year due to family and friends that live there.

It makes me crazy that someone will blow off your, Meg, eandj, or Bequia's opinion as a local or a regular visitor for someone who has spent 8 hours in Fort Lauderdale.

"The motel hell was just fine even though grandma was mugged in the parking lot because Rick and bartender gave us all rounds of pink daqueries and we got one of the newly renovated suites that had eight beds and two bathrooms and the windows were sound proof because we never heard the 18 cop cars that came screeching into the parking lot at 2AM and when you go there next week tell Rick that Marge from the midwest says howdy!!"

They live in Ft Lauderdale why would they be in a hotel in ft lauderdale.. I'm nto sure what he does for a living but if they had fertilizer maybe he was doing landscaping for the hotel or something.

Lots of reasons. When we have boat show or Winterfest parties at my girlfriends house in FLL, we'll usually put the kids up in nearby hotel rooms at the Embassy because it is so close to her house and my other girlfriends house. If we have 30 people in town, the kids will usually have five to six rooms at the Embassy and the adults will stay in a couple of houses.

We do this at least three times a year and the people at the Embassy have us on speed dial in case the kids get out of line.

Also, we are throwing my husband's best friends 50th birthday party at The Delano and we'll stay there instead of driving back to FLL and our Miami friends and family will also stay there because no one wants to drink and drive.

Also, with Christmas parties many times people stay over at the hotel.

This day and age, you can get a DUI on as little as one drink and I'm not willing to take that gamble.

They live in Ft Lauderdale why would they be in a hotel in ft lauderdale.. I'm nto sure what he does for a living but if they had fertilizer maybe he was doing landscaping for the hotel or something.

The owners of the truck were resting for the night before doing a landscaping job elsewhere.

I live in Fort Lauderdale and as a professional I attend a lot of meetings and conferences at local hotels. I'm the first to say that I don't know what the rooms are like, but can tell you about some of the hotel facilities and neighborhoods.

State Road 84 isn't considered a really bad neighborhood, but not a good one either. Cars are stolen from everywhere in south Florida, but it's not like it happens all of the time. I've known people to have their cars stolen or broken into from a hospital, cemetary, college, Swap Shop, gym, gas stations, the park, and their own driveways. I keep my car in a garage at home and at work and have never had an incident. Police tell us to lock our doors and keep all valuables hidden from sight.

Archived