It's about time there was a crack down on this crime!

Paw, I don't think you need to give up on the this board, as most people appreciate the effort, and we pray for your success. It is just for us, it is an extra hassle and frustration. However, it is a price I am willing to pay, just remember we are depending on you to do a good job, and when you find people that tarnish all of your reputations, please make sure that they receive punishment and loss of job.

jc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>However, it is a price I am willing to pay <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!

Paw - We appreciate the information you are giving us. I was only complaining to get an understanding about what constitutes a search?

I mentioned a few weeks ago that my husband had left a pair of scissors in his carry on bag. The inspector caught them on the radar and inspected my DH bag. He looked at the scissors and gave them back with the comment that my husband didn't look like the type to use them. icon_eek.gif Yet, my hanging clothes bag was ripped apart!

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Paw,

As I stated before, no one is mad at you in particular. I think some of us have major problems with the system in general and even from some of your posts, you don't think it's perfect. THere is always room for improvment.

Again, nothing critical of you & I certainly did not mean any disprespect of you personally.

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Family of 14,

Sorry to not have responded to your post earlier asking about FEDEX. Except for cruises and going overseas, we always ship our suitcases via FEDEX. It is SO much easier to only travel with your carry-ons! You can lock your suitcases and nobody rifles through them and messes everything up.

My husbands office has an account with them and he goes on line a few days before we need to ship them out and arranges for pick up here at home. What a breeze! We always ship FEDEX ground, as its cheaper than FEDEX air. (now, ground will take a few extra days to get there, so send them on about a week ahead.)

I call the hotel we'll be staying at and let them know we are shipping our luggage and it is always waiting for us with no problems.

As for the price, I can't tell you that for certain. Try going to their website and hopefully, you can find out rates from them.

Good luck. Let me know if any more questions!

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Thank you for the kind words.

Family: The return of the scissors, if they had a sharp tip, constituted a breach of security. I'm sure DH didn't look like the type to do evil with the knives, but Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols didn't look like they'd bomb the Murrah Federal Building either. Please email me at bruisers32@yahoo.com for further information about baggage searches.

Catnip: Point taken. Thank you.

Oh yeah, if any of you read the Cruise Critic articles, you might see how the Queen Mary 2 crew found a stowaway. OH NO! Cruising's now UNSAFE! Let's all stop cruising, NOW! Riiiiight.

Thank you. Please come again.

Serenade of the Seas 5/30/04

Vision of the Seas 12/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 6/97

Majesty of the Seas 6/94

jwlane - Anytime we cruise, we fly. Luggage checks and security have always been a hot topic on this board and other cruise boards.

Paw - Please send any info to ccshipmates@hotmail.com

BTW - I assume you knew that the "stowaway" was a bird!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1104

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

[This message was edited by Family of 14 on 05-04-04 at 09:53 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paw323:

Ok, forget it. I'll just go home and tell all my 1,100 co-workers to stay home and not screen ANY passengers or ANY baggage. It's just too much hassle, and it'll save a whole ton of money if we don't screen anyone. How much do you think we can get by selling all the wands, x-ray machines and metal detectors? Probably not enough to compensate families whose loved ones will die when a plane gets hijacked or blown up. Keep ranting and raving. I give up on yet another board that doesn't appreciate those people like me who haul their asses to work at 4 AM to try to do their part to make their world safer, as flawed as the system may be. Obviously the Army is a flawed system, because as "professional" our all-volunteer Army is, they still abuse prisoners of war. Why not dismantle the Army because they obviously can't do ANYTHING right. All we ask is that they kill people and break stuff. That's their job, and can't deal with prisoners. Before anyone flames, THEY ARE HUMAN, and SO IS THE TSA. STUFF HAPPENS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on - stop taking everyone's frustration so personally. What goes on with the TSA is a bother - we have to do, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. Great for you going to work at 4 a.m. instead of being part of the unemployment statistics, but get over the martyr syndrom. I agree - we shouldn't be putting personal items in the bags for fear anyone might decide they need it more, but do we have to feel so violated? No - we shouldn't. Should we have to worry that someone is mad that they have to be at work while the rest of us are off on vacation? No - we shouldn't.

Yes - it's a fact of life, we have to "deal" with it, but we don't have to agree with it!

11/20/04 Voyager Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till my Voyage of the Seas

Paw-

Thank you and your co-workers for your dedication to keeping us safe!

Last August DH, Mother-in-Law and I flew to Las Vegas. While going through security in Orlando, my Mother-in-Law's carry-on bag set off the security X-ray alarm.

The gentleman screener unpacked her bag very carefully, inspected each item, and put the bag back together EXACTLY the way it was before. The bag still set off the X-ray alarm. The screener then disassembled the bag again, and we had a committee of four screeners and the three of us trying to figure out what was causing the problem. (It turned out that three brand-new audio books had some kind of magnetic inventory tag that the screening machine picked up.)

The screener then put the bag back together, very neatly (by then we had scrambled the order, though) and wished us a happy trip.

He was very respectful and polite, and determined to find out what was causing the problem.

I personally felt much safer about flying after this experience.

We always use plastic wire ties in funky colors on our luggage - easy to remove and replace.

Happy flying and cruising to all!

Wendy

We have locked our bags with those little locks sold at Walmart or Kmart. The last time one of our bags had the locks cut and some tape was on the bag to tell us security looked through it. We had some batteries and a roll of quarters that they could not identify. We had no other problems and the bag was not damaged. Carla

Carla steckmyer

Archived