Mariner - Bridge Tours, Galley Tours and Michelob Ultra

Does anyone know if there are Galley tours on the Mariner. As for Bridge tours, I know that they are a bit off limits but I'm cruising with my brother who is some sort of higher up in the Navy and was wondering, if he asked... maybe it would be possible!? Anybody ever tried this approach? I'm not holding my breath on either but it would be interesting to see.

As for Michelob Ultra, has this transitioned to a cruise ship beer yet?

Thanks for the info!

Carol

No galley tours--we were told it was for safety reasons, mostly slip and fall accidents. Chefs wear special footwear. That's the public reason; we wondered if the Norwalk virus had something to do with the tour prohibition too--all you would need is a passenger who's getting ill to sneeze on a table or something... :eek:

Bridge tours have been prohibited since 9/11, but it never hurts to ask. At worst, all they can say is "no."

Don't know about the beer thing--have a great time! :D

Chris

Bridge tours must not be strictly prohibited, because I just took one this past September! I had dinner with the captain and he invited me. I do know that bridge tours are not common, by invitation only, and there are no "scheduled tours" per se. However, never hurts to ask! Good luck!:cool:

As far as the galley and beer question, sorry, I don't know.

There were no Galley tours offered on the Mariner on the 11/7 voyage. Your relative should try to meet with the Cruise Director or Social Hostess (Event Coordinator) and make a request noting his credentials. Personal invitations are often extended by Captain Johnny, whereas the group will be small. We had a tour on the Carnival Legend last year. It is a great once in a lifetime opportunity.

Bon Voyage

Frankly the most effective method of getting the Captain of most cruise ships to invite you to tour the Bridge is to send him a politely worded note directly to him early on in the cruise. I was able to visit the bridge of the Golden Princess with a guest of mine during a sea day last month using this method.

You can almost visit the bridge during every cruise if you understand the accepted protocol. Also, if you have a guest like NeepierRoad who is also a Naval Officer then that can’t hurt either!

Archived