2 Questions

Hello Everyone-

Two quick questions- we will be sailing on Grandeur in Oct. Do past passengers still get coupon books and if so, what kind of coupons are in there? I know it's a lot smaller ship compared to others in the fleet and I know there aren't as many things on board. Just wondering about that.

Number 2- Does this sound correct...if you are using a Royal Caribbean gift card that you received as a gift, you can not combine that with any type of shipboard credit? I don't understand that, but it's what my travel agent told me today. I asked if we could use a RCI gift card towards the final payment since we were booking through an agency and she called RCI and they told her we could only use the card for onboard credit and if we had any other type of promotion, which we do for shareholders, we could not use a gift card. I would never call a gift card a promotion. They sell that card dollar for dollar to someone else. Has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks!

1. If you are a Crown & Anchor member you will get a coupon book, depending your your level in Crown & Anchor determines what type of coupons are included

2. I also don't think your TA is correct. A gift card is a gift card and you should be able to apply it as an on-board credit. We received 2 last yr as Xmas gift and we just called the # on the certificate and it was applied as an on board credit. Call Royal Caribbean direct to see if you can do this yourself.

But it says on the card it can be used towards the price of the cruise. Does it change if you are going through a travel agent?

I would call and ask that and it SHOULDN"T change if you are going through a TA. It might be the TA's rules not RCCL. they are still open call and ask

Archived