Referral Coupons and Amex Platinum OBC

MarciAnn

TA credit - a shipboard credit which your travel agent gives you out of his/her commission

Amex platinum credit - a $300 shipboard credit which you receive if you own am Amex platinum card and use any Amex card to pay for your cruise. On Seabourn you will also receive a special bottle of wine.

Seabourn OBC - Seabourn gives a $400 shipboard credit to first time cruisers who are referred by other cruisers. A referral coupon is needed which is provided by the previous cruiser who also receives the same credit.

In addition SB will sometimes give OBC on certain cruises i.e. for segments of the upcoming world cruise. It always pays to check with your TA to see what's available.

Hope this helps!

On a cruise on the Spirit in December, we received a referral credit, a shareholder credit. We also received a Virtuoso extra. We chose a free tour, althouh we were offered an additional credit as an option instead of the tour. We were not able to get the Amex Platinum credit. Hope this clarifies rather than confuses.

I have a friend who is traveling as a single on an upcoming Seabourn cruise. His travel agent is telling him he can only get a $150 Am Ex Platinum credit for his cabin. Has anybody received the full $300 credit traveling as a single?

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch. My head hurts. One more question.

We are on the Odyssey World Cruise and have a "world cruise credit" from Seabourn.

Can we combine either (1) the AMEX Platinum $300 credit or (2) the $400 referral credit, with the "world cruise credit" from Seabourn?

Many thanks to anyone who can clarify this!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I certainly hope so, 4kitties, because I plan to do so and get the amex credit. However you cannot get both the referral credit and the amex platinum credit. If this is your first time aboard it's obviously a better choice to take the referral credit.

It's easy. Just fax a copy of a statement with your shares noted (other items blacked out, of course) to Customer relations with a request and your booking information. I generally write the note on the stock page, therby sending one page.

Archived