Chef's Table Review-Crown Princess Feb. 22 Sailing *LONG*

Theora

I would love to sign up for this when we take the Crown next week but am hesitant as my wife does not eat red meat. Does anyone know if they make variations to the menu or will accommodate certain dietary restrictions/choices?

My wife also does not eat meat and also avoids seafood except for fish. When we did the Chef's Table, they specially prepared a salmon dish for her.

• 3 months later...
of our Chef's Table in June on the Dawn Princess. We took our sons & DILs to celebrate our shared anniversary.....Yes, we all got married on June 18 ;-))

We weren't asked to wear closed toe shoes nor were we given white jackets to wear. I am not a big fan of alternative dining, so at first I thought $75 PP, no way. I can tell you I have changed that tune. It was worth every penny and probably more!!

Photos & menu here:

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/chefs_table

Cheers, Denise

Great pictures as usual Denise....

On our way out, I turned around to see my mother sticking her face through a gap in the machinery to heartily thank the dishwashers and other workers she saw. I guess it runs in the family.

LOL your family are the type of people I hope to meet on my first cruise! I was smiling all the way through your review!

I would love to do this on our next cruise, but with my 13 year old grandson. He is the real foodie in our family with me as a close 2nd. My daughter and son-in-law are both PICKY eaters and wouldn't enjoy it at all. Is there any age restriction?

My grandson loves the crab in the dining room - it's probably his favorite dinner with lobster being 2nd. He will try anything once, even escargot and frog legs. I think he would really enjoy this opportunity.

I would love to do this on our next cruise, but with my 13 year old grandson. He is the real foodie in our family with me as a close 2nd. My daughter and son-in-law are both PICKY eaters and wouldn't enjoy it at all. Is there any age restriction?

My grandson loves the crab in the dining room - it's probably his favorite dinner with lobster being 2nd. He will try anything once, even escargot and frog legs. I think he would really enjoy this opportunity.

The biggest issue would probably be the wine.

But then again, I don't drink and I just let the waiter know upfront. They brought me a lot of sparkling water.

Definitely signing up for this event on the Island. I hope we get a spot. I am a foodie, love dinner parties, wines, desserts, and only have time to do a few of those each year, and of course several special no-holds-barred holiday meals.

Is the meat always veal, though? DH doesn't like veal, but looks like he won't starve to death. LOL.

I think he would really enjoy this opportunity.

Go for it. No problem with his age. They will just not serve him any alcohol.

My wife also does not eat meat and also avoids seafood except for fish. When we did the Chef's Table, they specially prepared a salmon dish for her.

We also don't eat meat and only fish (no seafood). We became friendly with the Maitre D' on our last cruise and were going to do the Chef's Table. He said that his brother was a vegetarian and tried it and didn't enjoy it and recommended we skip it so we did. Now I'm intrigued. We LOVE good food and wine. :confused:

• 2 months later...

While reading the review of the "experience", I found myself licking the screen of my monitor as I was going through the evening. By the time I finished, I couldn't see anything through my monitor and had to clean it off before I could read through all the responses.

This is something I'll definately have to sign up for the moment I get aboard next spring.

Fortunately I like veal. Actually there is very little in the way of meat that I don't like; they get lumpted into one grouping - that being "innards"; liver, heart, gizzard, kidney, tongue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I cannot begin to express just how excited I am about the Chef's Table. I will be on the Emerald Princess on the May 9th sailing and since we will be in FLL for 2 days before the cruise I plan on being on the ship the minute they let us on and my first stop is the DINE line!!! I will be a single for this so I'm hoping that is not an issue as most it seems are couples..

I must thank you for the amazing review you wrote as I also LOL reading the eat your vodka comment! I wish my mother were going with me as I could hear myself saying to her if you dont eat your vodka then I will! lol

Cross your fingers I get on the list!!!

Archived