May Temperatures

QueenOfKruz

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but when I tried to do a search I got a wierd message.

We'll be cruising the inside passage in early May. Understanding that no one can be 100% accurate at predicting weather, I was wondering what kinds of temperatures we could expect, and the average for precipitation in that time frame.

You are going at a potential wet time, with cold temps. Be well prepared for a wide range of temps, only realistic advice. Temps 40-60- average.

I've gone in this timeframe, one trip had 6 days of cold rain. :)

Do things get any drier by the end of May? Our cruise leaves May 22.

I have done two cruises in that timeframe and the weather was cool, but nice. You cruise the Radiance the week before us - keep her in good shape for those that follow. :D

I have done two cruises in that timeframe and the weather was cool, but nice. You cruise the Radiance the week before us - keep her in good shape for those that follow. :D

Will try but we have a wild M&M Bunch................:rolleyes:

Suzanne

Looking at weather.com it seems as if the temp has been about 5-10 degrees below normal for the past week or so as well as the next to come. So it looks like it may be on the cooler side this year which means I am expecting temperatures in the mid 40's with anything over 50 being a bonus.

Looking at weather.com it seems as if the temp has been about 5-10 degrees below normal for the past week or so as well as the next to come. So it looks like it may be on the cooler side this year which means I am expecting temperatures in the mid 40's with anything over 50 being a bonus.

I personally don't put much stock in the weather reports for Alaska. Weather there is constantly changing. On two of my past cruises the report said rain, rain and it didn't happen. Just come prepared for anything and be happy when you get the good weather.

we went the last week of may last year....layer when you leave the ship...we had sunny weather, but chilly in the morning, but by afternoon i wished i had shorts on....we slept great at night because it was cool.....bring a light rain coat..one thing is that there are very few bugs this time of year....enjoy...alaska is beautiful....

We have been to Alaska twice in May. on the first trip the weather was very warm....70's and 80's that was in 2004

on the second trip the weather was cooler 50's and 60's. very cool in the mornings no rain days on either trip

It will be interesting this year to see how we fair, we are traveling with my sister who has the Nick Name of Extreme Judy, cause where ever she travels something out of the normal seems to happen

Archived