I can't believe i did this.....

jeanarch

Just booked the Fantasy to sail in 18 days.....How many of you have booked close to sailing date??? What do I need to do out of the ordinary? Just booked yesterday & told DH this morning. He said GREAT!!!! Of course we can drive in that morning...we are so tired of the rain & gloom so we are going seeking sunshine....Anybody else going that have not signed on to the roll call....

Just booked the Fantasy to sail in 18 days.....How many of you have booked close to sailing date??? What do I need to do out of the ordinary? Just booked yesterday & told DH this morning. He said GREAT!!!! Of course we can drive in that morning...we are so tired of the rain & gloom so we are going seeking sunshine....Anybody else going that have not signed on to the roll call....

We have sailed several times with only 3 weeks out. We have a great time. You don't need to do anything different than you always do. Just cruise and have a great time.

I booked our May 2005 cruise 10 days before. It was our honeymoon and we were supposed to go to New Orleans. The 10 day forecast came out and it was supposed to rain every single day. H doesn't swim and was not too keen on the idea of a cruise. So I basically sprung it on him. :eek: Good thing it worked out and he loves to cruise now.

Booked one day, left the next! It was a last minute hurricane special and it was such a rush! In every way! I picked my kids up from school that day, asked them if they wanted to miss a few days of school (of course they said yes) and told them we were leaving the next morning on the Ecstasy! They were thrilled and better yet, I talked my parents into going so it was a real whirlwind for a few hours with packing and such. We had cruised several times before so knew what to pack and we had a blast! Good luck and have fun!:D

I booked a January 16 Bahamas cruise on December 29. I wanted to take a cruise that weekend but didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I just watched the fares until they went down to a price I was willing to pay. I had a choice of Carnival, NCL and RCCL. RCCL won.

I'm doing the same thing right now for a Baja Mexico cruise on July 3 and a Canada/New England cruise on September 3. My attitude is that I will only pay so much and if the price doesn't come down far enough I just won't go. It's nice to be able to book and go at the last minute.

Booked one day, left the next!

It was a last minute hurricane special and it was such a rush!

In every way!

Now that is living on the edge -Bravo! and Well Done. ;)

Lots of envy...way to go,girl! :D

God I'd love to do that some day

My Mom and I booked on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean New Years cruise on the Freedom 07/08 14 days before we set sail!! :D It was so much fun!! :D Of course, we had the cabin neighbours from he** but that's another story!! :eek: We're booked again on the Freedom (my Aunt is coming with us this time) but we booked months ago, I can hardly wait!! :D

We did the same thing last Friday to sail in a couple weeks. Afterwards I thinking, how crazy was that! :rolleyes: Still can't believe did that. Oh well, fly by the seat of our pants I say and be VERY thankful we can do it! :)

Enjoy everyone!

Kat

What a nice treat! I wish I could do that but unfortunately I can't :(

I hope you have a wonderful time!! :)

Booked one day, left the next! It was a last minute hurricane special and it was such a rush! In every way! I picked my kids up from school that day, asked them if they wanted to miss a few days of school (of course they said yes) and told them we were leaving the next morning on the Ecstasy! They were thrilled and better yet, I talked my parents into going so it was a real whirlwind for a few hours with packing and such. We had cruised several times before so knew what to pack and we had a blast! Good luck and have fun!:D

Holy crap that's amazing! :D

Can you really get great prices, or is it just a little off the top? I could book last min. if it is within driving range.The last min. air fare would kill me.

Hi Avril...I last saw you on that Freedom cruise.Hope you and your mother are doing well.

Archived