How's the water in the pool?

tammi0916

We are traveling on the Glory in July (4-11) and was wondering if the pool water will be cold? I know it is salt water but jus wandering about the temp?

Thanks!

:cool:

The water is usually cool as the pools are heated by the sun and the water comes from the ocean. Each persons idea of "cold" is different.

Tell us all about your cruise when you get back. I am looking forward to Glory someday.

I've heard they are ice cold from some and just regular cold from others LOL

They drain and refill them with fresh ocean water each night so they really don't have time to get warm, warm. I haven't been in them because I can't handle cold water but I might have to get over it this year and dive it.

I find the pools a little cool for my taste, but then again I'd like to swim in bathtub temp water.

The showers by the pool seem cooler than the pool water, so I always pre-wet myself and then get in the pool. The water always feels warmer once you start moving around.

In all of our cruises we have found that they are very cold and salty. I guess they change the water often. I wish they would warm the pools a little. When you continually see nobody in the pools and the crowded hot tubs you would think Carnival would figure out that maybe they need to heat the pool just a few degrees.

We normally travel April-May and the water is refreshing and fine. Not too chilly, but nice after laying in the sun for an hour or two. Not like they throw ice cubes in the things. Plus, when it's 85 degrees out, and 9,000,000% humidity, in the beating sun (and not THAT deep...maybe 4'6"?) it's nearly impossible for the water to be THAT cold...it feels GOOD. ;)

In all of our cruises we have found that they are very cold and salty. I guess they change the water often. I wish they would warm the pools a little. When you continually see nobody in the pools and the crowded hot tubs you would think Carnival would figure out that maybe they need to heat the pool just a few degrees.

That's what all of those guys drinking beer and not leaving the pool are doing. :rolleyes::eek::D

I can't imagine what sort of work it would take to install poolheaters on those things ... but then again, I'm not an engineer.

pool water temp?? Where are you going and when?

The water comes right out of the ocean, so whatever the ocean temp is, where you are when they fill the pool, is the temp you get.

I'm from ME. Anything over 65º feels good to me. ;)

I can't imagine what sort of work it would take to install poolheaters on those things ... but then again, I'm not an engineer.

There has to be some surface that they could install solar heating panels on. It would help a bit although I realize that the direction the panels face would affect their efficiency.

DON

We are traveling on the Glory in July (4-11) and was wondering if the pool water will be cold? I know it is salt water but jus wandering about the temp?

Thanks!

:cool:

When we sailed on the Holiday back in February, they had to run the Polar Bears off of the ice in the pool every day just so the kids could swim :eek: !!! ( just kidding...April Fool.....and all that foolishness !!! ) Seriously, the kids didn't mind ( like they would ) and there were a lot of people gettin' wet.......just depends on your definition of "cold" as stated previously.

Thanks for all the info.. we are sailing the easter Caribbean first week in July so I am hoping for water that is WET (I deserved that!) and not freezing - refresing would be good!

I knew posting this questions would get me some good responses!

Thanks!

On the Inspiration last week the pool water was a little cool - but the hot tubs were HOT! Lots of kids in the hot tubs on Lido deck - so I'd suggest the Serenity Deck for hot tubbing.

Leaky little kids will warm up a hot tub in no time.:D

We won't mention beer drinkers, will we.:eek:

Dan

Always found the pool to be fine...not too cold. Also did not even know it was salt water until I went down the slide on the Valor...nice wake up call! Like someone else said, the fresh water shower next to the pool was freezing, so it made the pool feel warm. I usually see most people near the pool and not in it. Oh, and yes, it's plenty wet too. :D

Archived