~~Sensation March 29-April 2 Pictorial Review~~

mom2girls

We loved Sensation when we sailed her a few years ago ... and seeing your pics is making me want to go back and check her out again, with all the upgrades! Thanks for the review!

You're very welcome for the review. My sister went on the Sensation for her honeymoon many years ago. She was very impressed with the changes.

Love the pictures Cant wait to see more and read more... We were on the sensation in Jan of this year and going back in 26 days cant wait to see all of the changes...

You're going to love the changes!

Sounds like a great cruise and I can't wait to read more.

Thanks for adding all the great pics! Your girls are so cute :)

Thanks, I think they're cute too! :p

OMG!! Your girls are just BEEEEUTIFUL!!:D I think I read your review last years, can't forget those pretty faces. Seems like you 3 ladies have a good time when you cruise. Cherish every moment. Love all the sunset and sunrise pics. Where am I when that happens:o

Thanks for the wonderful compliment on my girls. Yes, you probably read my Imagination review last year. We definitely have a good time when we cruise. As for the sunrise and sunset pictures that's it. I didn't make it for any more of them.

Ok, I forgot to post a pic of our towel animal from the first night. So, I'm going to post it here along with the towel animal from the second night. I'll also post a few pics of areas around the ship.

Sensation043.jpg

SensationDay2and3028.jpg

SensationDay2and3027.jpg

These were left for the girls from Camp Carnival.

Sensation015.jpg

Oak Library

SensationDay2and3010.jpg

Joe's Cafe

Sensation039.jpg

Mom you should change your name to mom2adorablegirls-they are just too cute.

Great pics and review-makes me more wish my cruise next month would get here sooner. We are going to Nassau and HMC on the Fascination.

Thank you so much! The Nassau part of my review will be soon. I'll be doing HMC in June, but you'll be beating me there. So, I'll have to look forward to your pictures. :p (Just kidding, I know many people don't do pictures in their reviews.)

Thanks for the review I have been loving it!! I am also a mom of 2 girls, we are going to Freeport and Nassau in June. I haven't been able to decide what to do. Can you tell me a little more about Freeport. How did you get to this beautiful beach? Was it an excursion or did you just go on your own? Are there chairs for rent and a place to eat? Thank you for any information. Again your girls and pictures are beautiful!

Thanks for the review I have been loving it!! I am also a mom of 2 girls, we are going to Freeport and Nassau in June. I haven't been able to decide what to do. Can you tell me a little more about Freeport. How did you get to this beautiful beach? Was it an excursion or did you just go on your own? Are there chairs for rent and a place to eat? Thank you for any information. Again your girls and pictures are beautiful!

Thanks! We went to the taxi area where we had to wait for enough people to fill a van. We paid them $5/person each way. We asked them to take us to Our Lucaya. (We did this on our own.) There are chairs to rent. They were $10 a piece. As for food and drink, nothing opened until 11:00. So, I would make sure to bring a bottle of water with you.

On the day we arrived in Nassau, the girls and I woke up early. But, we didn’t wake up early enough to catch the sunrise. We walked up to the Lido deck to get breakfast. There were quite a few ships in port. So, this must be the happening place. LOL! I did get a few pictures. Of the ships:

Sensationday3-4009.jpg

SensationDay2and3032.jpg

SensationDay2and3037.jpg

SensationDay2and3035.jpg

SensationDay2and3038.jpg

Looking good. I like all the pics, thanks for sharing. It seems like they are refining the EOF renovations with each ship. The fake palm trees, the water works and the wood "Serenity" inlay all look much nicer than the work done on Inspiration.

Were they finally done with all the balcony work on the exterior of the hull?

We walked off the ship eager to go to the British Colonial Hilton. I had read about this place while on the Bahama boards here at CC. And, boy am I glad I did! This hotel is a short walk from the ship. (Maybe 10 minutes) If you stay on the right side of the road (past Senor Frogs) you’ll see it. Anyway, I paid $20 for me and $5 each for the girls to use the facilities there. We paid at the registration desk. While there you’re allowed to use the chairs, their towels, and the beach. The place is beautiful. And, since the water on the ship was a bit chilly the girls were extremely grateful the pool was heated. I had told the people on my roll call that this was what I was doing so one of them decided to join us. I have to say it was a very relaxing day!

SensationDay2and3039.jpg

SensationDay2and3040.jpg

SensationDay2and3041.jpg

SensationDay2and3042.jpg

SensationDay2and3043.jpg

SensationDay2and3046.jpg

Looking good. I like all the pics, thanks for sharing. It seems like they are refining the EOF renovations with each ship. The fake palm trees, the water works and the wood "Serenity" inlay all look much nicer than the work done on Inspiration.

Were they finally done with all the balcony work on the exterior of the hull?

You know I didn't notice the hull needing any work. So, they must have finished it.

Thank you so much! The Nassau part of my review will be soon. I'll be doing HMC in June, but you'll be beating me there. So, I'll have to look forward to your pictures. :p (Just kidding, I know many people don't do pictures in their reviews.)

I would love to post pictures! I have enjoyed yours so much. It is great to have the visual with the words. It really brings it to life. The pictures of the beach with all the ships lined up in the background is stunning.

Please give this computer uploading, JPEG sizing, illiterate person some hints, tips, or lessons. My husband has taken some amazing pictures on our cruises. My one and only attempt resulted in just a thumbnail showing up and clicking to view larger image resulted in an error message or the thumbnail showing up as a thumbnail inside a larger viewing field!

I would love to post pictures! I have enjoyed yours so much. It is great to have the visual with the words. It really brings it to life. The pictures of the beach with all the ships lined up in the background is stunning.

Please give this computer uploading, JPEG sizing, illiterate person some hints, tips, or lessons. My husband has taken some amazing pictures on our cruises. My one and only attempt resulted in just a thumbnail showing up and clicking to view larger image resulted in an error message or the thumbnail showing up as a thumbnail inside a larger viewing field!

I just upload all of my pictures to photobucket. Then, I pick the picture I want. When you click on the picture you get a choice of different codes. I copy the img code. Then I paste it in my post. (I didn't know how to do it until last year. That's why I don't have reviews of my other cruises.)

Mom2girls

Thank you for the great review and the pictures. I booked the upcoming cruise for my DH B-Day (9-15-09), I planned the same things in your review, so I am happy to have first hand information. Your daughters are just beautiful and seem to enjoy themselves. We are not what is called empty nesters. Our last daughter is a Junior in college and loves her independence, so we are now in the cruising mood. Looking forward to more great review from you in the future. Lisa

Mom2girls

Thank you for the great review and the pictures. I booked the upcoming cruise for my DH B-Day (9-15-09), I planned the same things in your review, so I am happy to have first hand information. Your daughters are just beautiful and seem to enjoy themselves. We are not what is called empty nesters. Our last daughter is a Junior in college and loves her independence, so we are now in the cruising mood. Looking forward to more great review from you in the future. Lisa

I'm glad you liked my review. It is nice to have first hand information and pictures before you go. I was so happy with the Bahama board because that's where I found out about both Our Lucaya beach and the British Colonial Hilton.

Great review and pics:)...Daughters are adorable !! We went on the Sensation last year for Thanksgiving ! It was great and hadn't even been refurbished yet, lol...Been to Nassau 4 times now and was not aware of using the facilities at the Hilton. Will be checking that out in September !! Thanks for the info;) Looking forward to more of your review and pics.

I just upload all of my pictures to photobucket. Then, I pick the picture I want. When you click on the picture you get a choice of different codes. I copy the img code. Then I paste it in my post. (I didn't know how to do it until last year. That's why I don't have reviews of my other cruises.)

Thank-you so much! I have wanted to post some of our pictures for so long. It finally worked and it was so simple following your advice. I posted a few and now I will know how to include them in future reviews. Thank-you for sharing your pictures and your help.

Archived