~~Sensation March 29-April 2 Pictorial Review~~

mom2girls

Could you tell me what the age break down is? I will have a 9 and 11 yr old (son & neice), wondering if they will be together. As I know they will will to be.

Thanks

The age groups are 2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, and 15-17. Hope that helps!

Great review! Just booked her for 10/29 for a weekend get-a-way. We Floridians are lucky to have her in our backyard!!

Thanks! I really do enjoy have Port Canaveral in my back yard. It's pretty convenient. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On the second day of the cruise I woke up bright and early. So, I headed to the lido deck to catch the sunrise. It was another gorgeous one. I have to say watching the sun rise or set while on a cruise ship is a must do even if you only do it once. After the sunrise I went to see if the girls were awake. They were, so we headed back up to the Lido deck for breakfast. They had the typical fare: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. If you wanted an omelet they were making them on the outside of the lounge where they cook the hamburgers. After breakfast we headed back to the room to get the things we would need for the beach. We were finally ready to head down to the 3rd floor, so we could exit the ship.

We were looking forward to visiting Freeport. We walked to the area where you wait for a taxi. We were happy to share a taxi with one of the people from our roll call. (Jeannie, we really did love hanging out with you. And, the girls really took a shining to Spencer.) When we arrived at the beach there really weren’t that many people there. But, there were of course many people offering to braid our hair or sell us their trinkets. One of them kindly got the man who was renting the beach chairs. The sand at this beach must have been the softest sand I have ever felt. It was like baby powder. The water was a bit cool for my liking, but the girls seemed to enjoy it.

Sensation056.jpg

Sensation061.jpg

Sensation074.jpg

Sensation080.jpg

Sensation084.jpg

Which beach did you go to in Freeport?

After dinner we went to pick up my youngest. Unfortunately, I didn’t finish packing so we went back to the room to pack. I was planning on carrying my luggage with me, so this wasn’t too big of a deal. We were exhausted, so after I packed we turned in for the night. We woke up around 7:00. I heard an announcement. I was surprised to hear that they were already letting self-assist disembark. So, we hurriedly went to breakfast. They called our floor for self-assist when we were finishing up. So, we went back to the room to get our things. We were off the ship at 8:00! I was very impressed with how smoothly this ran. Overall, it was a nice and relaxing trip. I would certainly sail the Sensation again in a heartbeat.

Sensationday3-4018.jpg

Sensationday3-4021.jpg

Sensation026.jpg

I don't remember what day we saw the Disney ship, but I thought it was a good picture!

I am so glad to hear you made it off the ship at 8 o'clock. Our flight leaves @ 12:10 out of MCO and I was afraid that I messed up and scheduled one that left too soon. If we get off by 8:00 we should be able to make it, I think. Which deck did you stay on?

I am so glad to hear you made it off the ship at 8 o'clock. Our flight leaves @ 12:10 out of MCO and I was afraid that I messed up and scheduled one that left too soon. If we get off by 8:00 we should be able to make it, I think. Which deck did you stay on?

We went to Our Lucaya in Freeport. We just asked a taxi to take us there. The Taxis are right past the straw market.

We stayed on the Upper deck. I can't remember what floor number that was. But, we really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

We leave on the Sensation this coming Sunday, the 14th. I'm so glad I found your review! I loved seeing all the pics of the ship!!!! You have me really excited now!! Can't wait to show my kids the pics. too! We plan on also visiting Colonial Hilton in Nassau and i was excited to read they only charged your kids $5.00! :D

We leave on the Sensation this coming Sunday, the 14th. I'm so glad I found your review! I loved seeing all the pics of the ship!!!! You have me really excited now!! Can't wait to show my kids the pics. too! We plan on also visiting Colonial Hilton in Nassau and i was excited to read they only charged your kids $5.00! :D

Thank you! I write the reviews in order to help others get excited about their upcoming vacations, so I succeeded! :D The Colonial Hilton is a very nice place to spend the day. It's very relaxing! :)

02daad8b.gif

Loved your review and pictures. Your daughters are adorable. No pictures of you though. :D

Thanks for taking the time and doing such a great job.

Thanks! It's kind of hard to get pictures of me. I'm always the one who is taking the pictures! I think there are some of me in my Imagination and Legend reviews though. :)

02daad8b.gif

• 10 months later...

I loved your review! My fiance and I are going on a cruise to Nassau and Freeport this summer, and I really like the pictures of those places. I think we'll try to check out Our Lacaya in Freeport as I had no clue what to do there until I read your review. I really want to do the British Colonial Hilton as well, as we've already been to Nassau before (but did a booze cruise... shhh). Your girls are adorable and thanks for the ideas on what to do in port!

I loved your review! My fiance and I are going on a cruise to Nassau and Freeport this summer, and I really like the pictures of those places. I think we'll try to check out Our Lacaya in Freeport as I had no clue what to do there until I read your review. I really want to do the British Colonial Hilton as well, as we've already been to Nassau before (but did a booze cruise... shhh). Your girls are adorable and thanks for the ideas on what to do in port!

Thank you sooo much for the compliments! I'm glad you got some ideas for your upcoming cruise. :) From what I've read on the Nassau boards it looks as though the BCH has changed rates. It looks as though they are offering a package that includes a meal. You can always ask if you can just get the rate without the food, but I'm not sure if they're still offering it. I was considering going there again with my upcoming cruise. But, I think we'll just stay on the ship so the girls can play in the waterpark when it's not crowded.

I had to post this even though I'm only halfway through reading the thread. My DH and I were on the Sensation for the 3/11 3 day cruise and we may have had the same server in the MDR as you. Do you remember her name? Also, what cabin were you in? Looked similar to ours. We had a nice time. Our first day was rainy and the other 2 were somewhat cloudy and really windy. We had decent weather on day 2 in Nassau. We walked right by the Colonial Hilton and wondered if we could pay to use their facilities, but turned around and went to senior frogs for a very expensive drink in a very crowded place. So goes life. We'll be back in Nassau in August on the Fascination, so now we know. Thanks for your wonderful review. I have twin girls and a boy(they did not go with us in March, but will go in August) and am looking forward to seeing if they'll enjoy CCL as much as we did.

I had to post this even though I'm only halfway through reading the thread. My DH and I were on the Sensation for the 3/11 3 day cruise and we may have had the same server in the MDR as you. Do you remember her name? Also, what cabin were you in? Looked similar to ours. We had a nice time. Our first day was rainy and the other 2 were somewhat cloudy and really windy. We had decent weather on day 2 in Nassau. We walked right by the Colonial Hilton and wondered if we could pay to use their facilities, but turned around and went to senior frogs for a very expensive drink in a very crowded place. So goes life. We'll be back in Nassau in August on the Fascination, so now we know. Thanks for your wonderful review. I have twin girls and a boy(they did not go with us in March, but will go in August) and am looking forward to seeing if they'll enjoy CCL as much as we did.

This is actually a review from last year, so I'm not sure which cabin we were in. And, no I don't remember our servers' name. (I wonder why I didn't put it in the review.) I'm sure your children will enjoy CCL. My girls are getting ready to go on their 6th cruise in June. They LOVE it!

I am glad I came across this! We are going on our first ever cruise on the Sensation the end of June. I was wondering what to do at the first stop, Freeport, and I think the beach you all took the taxi to may be the way to go. How far away from the ship were you? Were there taxis ready and waiting when you had to go back to the ship? Did you feel safe taking the taxi ride and being away from the ship? Sorry for all the questions!:o I am thinking of booking the ATV excursion for my son and husband, and my daughter were looking for something to do. We also heard about the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau and think we are going to do that as well. Atlantis is just too expensive and we are not big waterpark people.

I am glad I came across this! We are going on our first ever cruise on the Sensation the end of June. I was wondering what to do at the first stop, Freeport, and I think the beach you all took the taxi to may be the way to go. How far away from the ship were you? Were there taxis ready and waiting when you had to go back to the ship? Did you feel safe taking the taxi ride and being away from the ship? Sorry for all the questions!:o I am thinking of booking the ATV excursion for my son and husband, and my daughter were looking for something to do. We also heard about the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau and think we are going to do that as well. Atlantis is just too expensive and we are not big waterpark people.

I don't remember how far away from the ship the beach was. It was probably about a 10 minute drive. We made arrangements with the same taxi driver to pick us up at a certain time. She was there promptly at the designated time. :) Yes, I felt very safe taking the taxi. We made sure to ask the taxi to come back so that we had plenty of time to get back to the ship. So, I wasn't worried about missing the ship at all. I think we were only at the beach for a couple of hours.

Thank you so much for your review! Your pictures are just awesome. My Partner and I are sailing this Sunday the 25th of April, and are very excited, that was until we saw your pics and thread,.....now we are totally psyched!!!!!

We had also researched and planned to do almost exactly what you did in Freeport and Nassau. We know now that the Our Lucaya at the Radisson is $20.00 per person with the towel and beach/pool access, $5.00 cab ride.

In Nassau, the BC Hilton is now $40.00 but it includes $30.00 food and beverage credit. In Nassau, we were going to the straw market, then to Senor Frogs, then to the Hilton, back to the ship for dinner and I also found out that Atlantis does not charge for the Aquarium after 5pm!

Wow thanks again, and what a wonderful journal. Our CC thread is absolutely dead as a doornail. If anyone else is sailing on April 25th, go to our thread and let us know!

Have fun! JW and Jerome!

mom2girls,

Thank you for sharing your pictorial! I know your cruise was last year, but it is really nice to see the pictures.

Someday we might take that itinerary as a side trip for a Florida vacation and your pictorial has given me some good ideas. Now I have to put the idea in my wife's ears and see if she goes for it!

I think I am going to read one of your other reviews now. Thanks a bunch!

mom2girls,

Thank you for sharing your pictorial! I know your cruise was last year, but it is really nice to see the pictures.

Someday we might take that itinerary as a side trip for a Florida vacation and your pictorial has given me some good ideas. Now I have to put the idea in my wife's ears and see if she goes for it!

I think I am going to read one of your other reviews now. Thanks a bunch!

I'm glad you liked it! I hope your wife goes for it. :)

Archived