Any second now -- NEW info on EPIC

LauraS

Unfortunately' date=' I'll miss the next installment ... I'll be cruising!!! :o [/font']

You and me both! I'll be on the Norwegian Spirit but I do plan on making it a point to find the HD when I get onboard and see what he can do with getting us the information or maybe hold a special CC gathering to fill us in on what we missed! We'll be at sea that day heading back to Boston from BDA.

You and me both! I'll be on the Norwegian Spirit but I do plan on making it a point to find the HD when I get onboard and see what he can do with getting us the information or maybe hold a special CC gathering to fill us in on what we missed! We'll be at sea that day heading back to Boston from BDA.

We might see you in Bermuda ... we'll be there on the Majesty from May 18-20. :D

Originally Posted by Bennett'sCruise

Unfortunately, I'll miss the next installment ... I'll be cruising!!!

You and me both! .

If we're suppose to feel sorry for you guys---FORGET IT. ;)

have a good cruise!

The excitement builds, you gotta love it, after each restaurant listed, expect to pay extra.

You need to find something else to harp on now Brad. Epic is going to have plenty of free restaurants including a very cool super club with live music and dancing! :D

CG

No Fee Restaurants

Taste

The Manhattan Room

O'Sheehan's

Cafe Jardin/The Great Outdoors (no surprise there!)

Epic Club/Courtyard Grill (remember, though, these are exclusive to suite and villa guests)

I have to admit that I'm starting to feel a little less aprehensive about the Epic, with the announcement of what looks like a few no-charge main dining rooms.

For a while it was looking like the ship would be nothing but a collection of for-a-fee exclusive clubs and pay restaurants. Now that there's a buffet and main dining room (and pool area, even though the blue prints didn't show one) it's starting to seem a little less exclusive (i.e.: only for the extremely wealthy).

I have to admit that I'm starting to feel a little less aprehensive about the Epic, with the announcement of what looks like a few no-charge main dining rooms.

For a while it was looking like the ship would be nothing but a collection of for-a-fee exclusive clubs and pay restaurants. Now that there's a buffet and main dining room (and pool area, even though the blue prints didn't show one) it's starting to seem a little less exclusive (i.e.: only for the extremely wealthy).

Don't be led astray by rumor-mongoring. I don't know why people let the language change confuse them. No one (except the rumor-mongors) ever said there would be no free dining. NCL has simply chosen not to use the term "main dining room." I think its exciting to have change, but some people let it freak them out! Just like the Gem and Pearl have no buffet, they both have action station restaurants.

Don't be led astray by rumor-mongoring. I don't know why people let the language change confuse them. No one (except the rumor-mongors) ever said there would be no free dining. NCL has simply chosen not to use the term "main dining room." I think its exciting to have change, but some people let it freak them out! Just like the Gem and Pearl have no buffet, they both have action station restaurants.

Well said Mudor. When I first read about the Epic and "no main dining rooms" I KNEW that there would have to be some sort of included dining. They were just changing the name of the venues from "main dining room" to something else. NCL is not stupid and exactly how many people would book their big, new ship if they had to pay extra for every bit of food? That would go against everything that cruising has ever been.

Every time I saw the naysayers make some snarky comment about no included dining venues, I had to bite my tongue as even though my personal belief was that wasn't the case, I had no proof.

Now however, is a diffent story. A super club with live music and dancing at no extra charge? Now that's something! :) Would love to see some of the naysayers eat crow, but you know they won't....they'll just come up with something else to criticize.

Btw Pszaffveauhraunne, I was not referring to you when I made this post but to those who took pure pleasure in criticizing NCL about no included dining venues.

CG

Triple Wowsa! The pictures looked great. Notice the various age groups represented? Was that a pair of white shorts a gal was wearing in the Cagney's photo...or a short skirt? LOL

I like how NCL is rolling it out a little at a time...With a ship that big, it gives us time to process each component: The nightlife/clubs...the cabin categories...the restaurants...what is next? Gotta love that strategy! Keep us talking about all year instead of all month.

How do you suppose they pick a Captain for it?

coka

Btw Pszaffveauhraunne, I was not referring to you when I made this post but to those who took pure pleasure in criticizing NCL about no included dining venues.

CG

No offense taken :) Logically you know there HAS to be some sort of included dining option aboard, regardless of what they chose to call it. NCL couldn't possibly stick 4500 people onboard for a week and expect them all to eat every meal in small restaurants.

I have to admit, though, that I was rather horrified when they first announced that there wouldn't be any "buffet" or "action stations". Buffets may not be especially gourmet, but it's tough to beat a good salad bar when you have a craving. :D I'm glad to see that they've included one.

I'm still curious to find out what NCL originally had in mind when the ship was first ordered, though. Of course, that's all just idle speculation at this point!

Archived